Clip on Tuners

Started by lyric_girl, May 22, 2009, 07:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I picked up a TuneTech TT-500 today for $20.   Tried it in the store and it worked perfectly.   It's on my Forum III right now.  I like the compact size which is almost all screen;   very easy to read and very accurate and responsive.

Will look into where I can look at a TuneTech and/or Oasis locally.

Thanks  :cheers
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

I like the Meisel & Intelli's they are the same tuner. Seem accurate and easy to use. The only problem I have had is they sometimes rattle, but that's why they put pockets on shirts. (clip-on, clip-off)
SD-60 SBT
O-50 TSB
OM-03 Koa
D-09 12 string
Gibson-J50
Gibson Blues King
A gaggle of ukes

Quote from: PortHueneme on May 26, 2009, 06:21:46 PM
I like the Meisel & Intelli's they are the same tuner. Seem accurate and easy to use. The only problem I have had is they sometimes rattle, but that's why they put pockets on shirts. (clip-on, clip-off)

Mine rattles every G note played, its pretty annoying.

*Note to self, buy shirts with pockets*
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

The bite from a rattler is venomous.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: bluesman67 on May 27, 2009, 07:06:02 AM
The bite from a rattler is venomous.

*note to self, forget the shirts with pockets idea*
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

I have had my Seiko STX-1 for over 2 years and it is still going strong.  After using hand held tuners for years, this was the first clip-on tuner I bought and it continues to serve me well.  It's is built like a tank, quick, accurate, easy to read in low light.  It has all of the features of most other clip-on's and  I don't know that I would need anything else in a tuner.  I would buy another if I lost this one. 

After reading the Acoustic Guitar article I bought the Sabine and I'm very happy with it.

Linda, here is a pic of a 'Korg AW-2G' clipon tuner I took on my Guitar Show, Brisbane, Australia outing. It's a real nifty little gadget. The good thing about these tuners is that they work on vibration and not sound. So if there are lots of disturbances, this will not affect it's performance. Also, there are 3 light settings, and it is alot smaller than other clipons.
cheers
fongie

[attachment deleted by admin]

I was using Meisel/Intelli for awhile and decided to purchase a Korg AW1 it broke the second day I used it. Still using the Meisel/Intelli I have four of them at various places one at work one in a case one on my desk and a spare on the shelf, none of them rattle.
The Dude abides.

Quote from: NotRevGDavis on June 01, 2009, 12:34:26 PM
I was using Meisel/Intelli for awhile and decided to purchase a Korg AW1 it broke the second day I used it. Still using the Meisel/Intelli I have four of them at various places one at work one in a case one on my desk and a spare on the shelf, none of them rattle.

Hi there, when you say it broke, do you mean it broke down or broke from it's mount?  :? Because the one I was using in the pics above, was quite solid and seems to work very well. I'm about to purchase one myself, so any info would be greatly appreciated
cheer
fongie

The AW-1 broke at the pivot from the clip to the screen don't know why but after trying to fix it I realized it was a design flaw. I sent mine back they offered another but since I felt I broke it I declined. The AW-2G looks a bit beefier.
I still think at it's price point the Meisel is a good investment.
<0n edit> I hold no grudge against Korg I used their products until the Intellitouch 1 came out. The Intellitouch had problems picking up the sixth string and sometimes the fifth unless you used a 12th fret harmonic to get it started. I still used it for a couple of years. The biggest problem I have had with the Meisel is giving them away or losing them.
The Dude abides.

Quote from: NotRevGDavis on June 02, 2009, 01:43:39 PM
The AW-1 broke at the pivot from the clip to the screen don't know why but after trying to fix it I realized it was a design flaw. I sent mine back they offered another but since I felt I broke it I declined. The AW-2G looks a bit beefier.
I still think at it's price point the Meisel is a good investment.
<0n edit> I hold no grudge against Korg I used their products until the Intellitouch 1 came out. The Intellitouch had problems picking up the sixth string and sometimes the fifth unless you used a 12th fret harmonic to get it started. I still used it for a couple of years. The biggest problem I have had with the Meisel is giving them away or losing them.

NotRevGD, do you have pics of this meisel tuners? And what are the cost? The AW2G cost $80.00 in Australia, thats around $65US.
cheers
fongie
cheers
fongie

fongie, appreciate the pic of the aw-2g.  :thumbsup  I've never had a clip-on but after seeing this thread and your pic, I went ahead and ordered one. Looking forward to trying it out. 

Mike

Quote from: fongie on June 02, 2009, 04:39:30 PM
NotRevGD, do you have pics of this meisel tuners? And what are the cost? The AW2G cost $80.00 in Australia, thats around $65US.

I couldn't find a photo that had much clarity so here is a link to the Intelli Amazon page. The (Tune Tech) Intelli and Meisel are the exact same tuner and the price at Amazon for the Intelli is $17.99USD. 
The Dude abides.

Quote from: NotRevGDavis on June 04, 2009, 09:56:49 AM
I couldn't find a photo that had much clarity so here is a link to the Intelli Amazon page. The (Tune Tech) Intelli and Meisel are the exact same tuner and the price at Amazon for the Intelli is $17.99USD. 

Thanks for that, I will look into it.
Thats ok Mike T, it's quite a slick looking gadget, very small in size.
cheers
fongie

Apparently Intellitouch has come out with a new mini clip on tuner:

"CARROLLTON, Texas - (BUSINESS WIRE) - The new Intellitouch PT10TM tuner pushes forward the boundaries for small, compact size while still having a large, easy-to-read backlit display.

Features include a needle display, calibration from 430Hz to 450Hz, elegantly simple controls, aggressive pricing levels and a multicolor backlight that makes tuning easier than ever by turning red when out of tune and green when in tune.

A Retail Price of $39.95 and OnBoardTM Research's unique "No Questions Asked" Limited Lifetime Warranty will satisfy even the most cost conscious musician. "

See http://www.tuners.com/pt10.asp

Al

I haven't gotten used to them. I still like a pitch pipe for the low E and tune up manually from there. My playing partner s are still tuning and I ready to play.
2006 Larrivee l-05
1972 Yamaha fg-160
Kaycee Loves Donuts!

After years of loud equipment the worst being straight exhaust chainsaws I am occasionally aurally challenged.
The Dude abides.

My AW-2 came over the weekend.  I was very satisfied with the tuner. Worked excellent right out of the box. The backlit display looked pretty cool too.   :bgrin:

Mike