Adam should've won

Started by Zohn, May 21, 2009, 11:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey Ya'wl! (pronounced the Randy way)
I'm sorry America, Chris was certainly good, and so was Danny, but in this year's American Idol there was only "One" who produced the goods consistently: Adam Lambert. He's my "dawg"!!!
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Well having said that and in Chris' defence, he plays acoustics rather nicely...
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Chris didn't win because of he had a better voice. Adam was too nonconservative in persona/looks/whatever. If Adam looked and acted like Chris he would have won.

Who's Adam? Did he make an idol? What did the other guy win?

btw I hate TV...

he sure has a nice guitar though :)

I love TV..  :bgrin:
Jeffrey

Quote from: Zohn on May 21, 2009, 11:12:23 AM
Hey Ya'wl! (pronounced the Randy way)
I'm sorry America, Chris was certainly good, and so was Danny, but in this year's American Idol there was only "One" who produced the goods consistently: Adam Lambert. He's my "dawg"!!!

You mean, the guy who consistently screamed the high note and overkilled his ability?  :bgrin:

There's only so much that people can take shrilled high voice by men, really.  :humour: :nana_guitar :nanadance
Yamaha LL-16 12 strings
Yamaha LL-TA
Tanglewood TW-15 DLX
Alhambra 5PA-PT
Mcilroy A25

"He who thinks he has all the answers probably hasn't heard all the questions."

I'll admit that I'm still puzzled why anyone would care who won.   "Reality" TV shows like Survivor, Big Brother, etc., and the so-called talent shows like American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, America's Got Talent...  just make me scratch my head and wonder why people spend many hours every week watching this stuff.  I realize that my views are not the same as  the majority of television  viewers.   I am out of the mainstream on this topic but I just don't get it. 

I thought people get to vote on the idols.....and most vote wins.....so why should the other guy have won...if one got more votes he won.

what am I missing?
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

And don't people have to pay to vote as well? Calling a toll number of some kind?

With this ridiculous transition to additonal, registered digital tuners and a fee per set to watch, I'm ready to give up on broadcast TV entirely. I think our annual cable bill is well over $1000 - Aieeah! Thats a darn nice guitar every couple years!

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Quote from: tadol on May 23, 2009, 12:18:45 PM
And don't people have to pay to vote as well? Calling a toll number of some kind?

No

Quote from: jeremy3220 on May 21, 2009, 11:56:59 AM
Chris didn't win because of he had a better voice. Adam was too nonconservative in persona/looks/whatever. If Adam looked and acted like Chris he would have won.

Despite Simon Cowell saying repeatedly throughout the season that it's a singing contest, it isn't. Nor is it a talent contest. It's a popularity contest and Kris was the most popular amongst the demographics that voted. Adam had more range and control (although his shrieks got a little off-putting at times) and he certainly has a more dramatic presentation. I thought he'd win until he went into the bottom three. As far as singing goes, Danny Gokey is a very good singer as well and I thought the final 2 should have been Adam and Danny... but what do I know? I didn't watch the show. My girlfriend does... and I can't help but hear it sitting in my office.
It's like the annoying old question..."Who is the world's best guitarist?" If you offer people a choice of Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Tommy Emmanuel and Neil Young, Neil will win because your average Joe or Sally has never heard, or heard of, the others (any of whom could likely play rings around Neil). Personally I think art should never be turned into a competitive sport. The music business will do that handily enough.

dg

I liked Allison. She wasn't going to win from the start though.

I didn't see the appeal of Adam. A bit of a poser. And the 80's hair band metal shrieks he does in his high range is beyond irritating.  I'm sure he'll do whatever it takes to sell what needs to be sold, so he's good for the franchise. The shows graduates don't seem to produce much more than corporate broad appeal mush pop.  The producers have an iron fisted control over the contestants. They can't thank their mothers without permission.

I do enjoy watching anyway, taking it for what it is, though mostly I like the nuts during the auditions.
L-03 Italian Spruce

Quote from: hadden on May 24, 2009, 04:16:00 PM
The shows graduates don't seem to produce much more than corporate broad appeal mush pop. 

Of course none of them are going to be the next Sex Pistols but Carrie Underwood has become one of the few country artist that I can listen to(and definitely watch)... not that I have any of her recordings though.