Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Collings C-10 adi/mah deep body - Demo  (Read 1120 times)
maplebaby

Ignore
« on: May 09, 2009, 04:15:21 PM »

This video gives an overview of my Collings C-10 guitar. This C-10 is made of adi/mah and has the deep body option and a 1 3/4 nut width. Thanks for watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5DmlzcKSJY
stubby

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 09:26:58 AM »

Outstanding.  I've pretty much made up my mind that my next guitar will be a SCGC vintage southerner, but when I see something like this....
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 09:47:45 AM »

That is a really nice little git. Nice playing as well.

Modified: I went through some of your videos and enjoyed the comparisons. The Martin 000-18GE sounded like it had a sock in the sound hole compared to both the Collings gits. I like the Collings build a lot. A bit on the "heavy side" it seems, but so much attention to the fine details. I imagine that one day I'll have one around here.
           I do own a Martin OM-21 that sounds very sweet to me. It has been played in well for 16 years now and is very open. I was wondering if you thought that your 000 was a bit muted in comparison to the Collings, or is it the recording that conveys the lack of "shimmer" as compared to the Collings models. I was just wanting to hear how you felt about your different acoustics.
           And I do agree with all who stated that you are a very good player.  Thanks

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
maplebaby

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 10:30:33 AM »

stubby - it is a good day to be a guitar player isn't it!...........accept for all the hard decisions we have to make!!  I really appreicate you watching and best of luck finding your next guitar....maybe it will find you!

dependan - thanks for giving your time to watch the videos!  The Martin 000-18GE is one of the better Martin models IMO......that being said i no longer own one.  I just didn't play it.......it did have a different tone of course more 'Martin like' but i would agree a bit heavy on the mids.  it also need several mods done to it even though it was brand new when i bought it.  I sound like a Collings salesman but they just wouldn't sent guitars out that way.  Attention to detail........i don't know of any better than Collings.  The neck on the Martin and like many i've played felt good up to about the 7th fret then just got too big for my hands - honestly i've never missed it. I do think Collings, although Martin inspired, have their own tone.  Yes a bit brighter to my ear but more balanced and interesting as well.  Again thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts!

dale
fongie
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 01:00:48 AM »

Wo! That is one nice sounding instrument you got there, truely enjoyed the playing as well. 
cheers
fongie
maplebaby

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 10:44:49 AM »

hello...........really appreciate you giving your time to watch, thanks!  Hope all is good,

dale
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 10:57:22 AM »

Good morning Dale,
     I was at Austin Vintage Guitars yesterday. They had a Santa Cruz that had a model # close to your Collings and it was a deep body, that looked about the same size. Of all the gits I played there, that ones tone keeps coming back.
   $ were steep (almost 3K) and the neck had too much relief. But the wheels were turning. I didn't discuss anything with them. But I sure thought about trading in a few of mine to get that little gem.

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 01:44:34 PM »

Good morning Dale,
     I was at Austin Vintage Guitars yesterday. They had a Santa Cruz that had a model # close to your Collings and it was a deep body, that looked about the same size. Of all the gits I played there, that ones tone keeps coming back.
   $ were steep (almost 3K) and the neck had too much relief. But the wheels were turning. I didn't discuss anything with them. But I sure thought about trading in a few of mine to get that little gem.

Wonder if it was an H-13. Those are wonderfull....I've wanted an H-13/C-10/L-00 for a long time. Can't decide which one and then it doesn't really matter when I think about the prices...but then every so often I start planning to sell all my $1000ish guitars to buy one superb one...

And then I realize....I still won't play any better so why go through the agony.....

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
maplebaby

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 12:10:26 PM »

i bet the 64 Princeton is sweet!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: