Are you happy and confident with your own voice?

Started by fongie, May 10, 2009, 05:59:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: rockhound on June 22, 2009, 06:16:26 AM
Cheers, Ben/fongie - thanks for the encouragement/advice.  I was surprised how much my singing improved just over the course of a week of playing and singing the same song.  As you say, I'll never grandstand it, but might actually get to do it in public eventually (and maybe share something on here, which would be pretty scary).  I guess it is like most things, the more you do it the better you get.  Tuffy was spot on, you have to go for it and not be tentative - that I learned very quickly.  You are also spot on about finding songs to suit the voice (or altering the key, I guess) rather than the other way around.

Onwards and upwards, and something new to aim for!!  That's what I love about this music malarky - always challenging, but often rewarding at the same time.  Also, the nice folks on this forum  :thumbsup

:+1:
cheers
fongie

Hi Richard, I am listening to a few of your tracks right now. Wow, I sure like "Service of the Lord". Love the guitar "and" the singing.  :+1:
I'm going to listen to it again as soon as I post this.
"If at 1st you don't succeed, sky-diving is NOT for you"

Quote from: Denis on May 11, 2009, 08:18:54 AM
I only write instrumentals but that's because my lack of confidence is in writing lyrics.  I love to sing and I think I've got a pretty decent voice.  I'll let you be the judge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9bELRAixXU

This is the only video I have of me singing.  I should really make more.

Hey Denis,

I've always enjoyed watching your videos and agree with others that you should add some more songs with you singing!

I've been playing close to 8 years, but never really had the confidence to sing in front of people until recently. I actually just added a video of me singing to youtube myself. I'd be curious to hear what forum members think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyVDuMKY3Po
Mcilroy A30C, 2005
Yamaha FG-512, 1978
Custom Built Orchestra Model

Previously Owned:
Larrivee L-10 Special Edition, 2002
Larrivee Classical, 1977
Larrivee LV-05E, 2005
Larrivee P-09
Larrivee OM-05 custom
Larrivee OM-03
Larrivee D-03R, 1997

Didy, that sounds great.  Really, you have the kind of voice a lot of indie/alt artists would kill for (or start smoking for, but hopefully you didn't have to go that route to get it)

Your accompaniment is a good fit too

Well, thanks Round! It's good to hear some feedback on my first song post. No smoking for me, heh. Hm, so it has an indie/alt tone to it...
Mcilroy A30C, 2005
Yamaha FG-512, 1978
Custom Built Orchestra Model

Previously Owned:
Larrivee L-10 Special Edition, 2002
Larrivee Classical, 1977
Larrivee LV-05E, 2005
Larrivee P-09
Larrivee OM-05 custom
Larrivee OM-03
Larrivee D-03R, 1997

Diddy, 'WOW!!' man, fantastic, fantastic  :+1:
cheers
fongie

Hey Diddy, Don't hide that talent. Let it out and get it out there.  :thumbsup
"If at 1st you don't succeed, sky-diving is NOT for you"

Hey Didi,

That was very very nice,  nice tone- beautifully done!! :guitar

This is really excellent, mate - beautifully played and sung.   :beer
2007 Larrivée L-03R
2008 Tanglewood TW66
1992 Fenix D-90SR
2006 Fender American Telecaster
2007 Schecter C-1 Exotic Star (w/ Bare Knuckle Black Dog pups)
2003 Yamaha RGX420