New Dylan Album - Thumbs Way Up!!!

Started by BlastersFan55, May 01, 2009, 11:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm on my second go-round listening this, IMO, great CD.  David Hidalgo rocks the accordion...forget who else is in the band.

Amazingly. Bob has done it again!

His voice has had it.

Sorry but its simply awful. Now matter how good the lyrics may or not be IMO its unlistenable.

Crap, my head is spinning. Two divergent views, and since I haven't heard it myself I don't know what to think.

Anxiously awaiting a tie breaking review so I'll know if I'm going to love it or hate it.  :humour:
Ron

Can't listen to more than half a song. Last worthy album in my opinion was Blonde on Blonde. So There.
If it sounds good, it is good.

Quote from: ronmac on May 18, 2009, 04:21:54 PM
Crap, my head is spinning. Two divergent views, and since I haven't heard it myself I don't know what to think.

Anxiously awaiting a tie breaking review so I'll know if I'm going to love it or hate it.  :humour:

I've had it for a couple of weeks.   Not one of his best efforts.   Nothing noteworthy in my opinion but others seem to like it so what do I know.   I've got a couple of dozen Dylan records, tapes, and cds and this one ranks pretty low on the list for me.

Quote from: PCT57 on May 18, 2009, 03:23:41 PM
His voice has had it.

Sorry but its simply awful. Now matter how good the lyrics may or not be IMO its unlistenable.

Sounds like some of the reviews of Dylan in 1965...1975..1985...and on and on..
2006 Larrivee l-05
1972 Yamaha fg-160
Kaycee Loves Donuts!

I am a dylan fan.. I don't mind it..
but IMO not really any different than 'modern times'...
Jeffrey