Who will be the first to sell their Forum III and why?

Started by Sabatini, April 20, 2009, 12:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: BluesMan1 on May 03, 2009, 12:29:40 PM
   Bill, I agree with you 100%, except I hope you were referring to me about selling. There are those that only want to post positive things & aren't totaly truthful about their experiences. That's on them. Thank you for sharing support to you, Ross, & Lynn. I'm one of those people that don't give up easily (was sometimes a problem in sports!) & will fixate on a problem until I get to the bottom of it. Have a feeling what might have to be done with my F-III to make it "perfect", but even right now, it's perfect for me, for many of the factors that Bill mentioned. Unique, made just for me, outstanding tonal qualities, & easy to play, even if the action is a little high right now. Workable.
   And Lynn, the only 2 guitars I "gave up" on were my Taylor GS8 & a Martin D-16GTR. The Taylor was too close in size to my L-10 & didn't sound near as good, & the Martin had that "micarta" fretboard that I just couldn't stand. Fake wood. Sucks. My fingers wouldn't glide over it easily & just didn't like the playability of it, which I felt wouldn't change with time. Tried to like it because of the sound, but the fretboard was the deciding factor on that one. Ended up getting my OM-05 when I brought my Taylor back, & my OM-03SP when I brought the Martin back. Saved $ on both & was happy, until something better came along. I traded my OM-03SP to Jim as a down-payment to Jim for the F-III & the OM-05 for my SD-50, ending up with extra $ for the bone nut for my F-III also. Still can't get over that SD-50. What a but & what sound from it. Amazing! As Bill said, sight unseen for an unknown body style to me (the F-III). Felt it would be something special & now have a keeper that I can really enjoy!
   Was playing my F-III before going online & all seems to have settled in nicely, just the low "E" sitting high on the nut. As I said, I can deal with that later. But now I know. Lynn, Matt, Danny, & others with the same wood combo as me, IS/HOG, now I know just what you were talking about as far as the sound of this guitar. It does have a bell-like or, as I referred to it before, an almost harp like sound to it. The more I'm playing it, which really hasn't been that much compared to the rest, the more I'm discovering about the sound. Truly a special guitar! And Lynn, as you said & I'll say it again for myself, this will never leave me until I die & my wife gets ripped off trying to sell it (if life works that way for me!)! :humour: :thumb :thumb
     Jeff, now VERY much happy!   :guitar
Jeff, it is good to hear you finding some new Larrivee territory to explore in the F-III

Danny, thanks. It might be hard to believe, but I'm speechless! It's awesome! :wave
     Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: BluesMan1 on May 03, 2009, 05:18:48 PM
   Danny, thanks. It might be hard to believe, but I'm speechless! It's awesome! :wave
     Jeff   :guitar
Uh... well Jeff, in case you have not noticed I'm considered the F-III  guitar Fan Boy. ( not my favorite description, oh well)   So it's easy for me to believe.
                      Actually it really is hard to believe that anyone would not like them, IF they are as well made as mine is.

BluesMan - glad to hear the FIII has blossomed for you; mine (IS/RW) rings like a bell and I'm still surprised how loud it is.  The FIII was the first 12-fretter I'd played and I like it enough to be really intrigued by the SD-50 on Jim's site.  I notice you have an SD-50 and it sounds like you love it.  In fact I've never heard anyhing but praise for that model.  I think it's just a matter of time before I cave and try to trade up to the SD.  I hate to give up any of my existing Larrivees, but it may come down to the OM-03 or the L05MT being sold to finance the SD.  The FIII stays.

Jim
Forum III LS-03 IS/RW, HB, #51

Danny, I meant the part about me being speechless. Now, that's hard to believe! And I thought it was the "F-III Guitar Fan Man"! Sounds better & rhymes with Dan!

Quote from: BluesMan1 on May 03, 2009, 05:59:32 PM
   Danny, I meant the part about me being speechless. Now, that's hard to believe! And I thought it was the "F-III Guitar Fan Man"! Sounds better & rhymes with Dan!
     Jeff   :guitar
Heh, I like it.  And I also "get it" now.     Speechless  :roll

And Lynda, stop crying! In the words of Frank Zappa, "Shut up & play yer guitar"! :humour:

Jim, my recently acquired SD-50 from Jim was my first. I thought it might be hard to play besides having a really wide neck, but the 12 to the body makes it sound amazing. Hate using the same adjectives over & over. Need a damn thesaurus! I think it's also what makes the F-III gits sound so special. Also woods, but they need to get more playing time to be opened up. Then how will they sound? My guess is awesome (used a different one!). Like my L-10, just gets better with age. A fine wine or a woman, take your pick. Back in the days of when I had mine built for ME, Larrivee was doing some of their best work & just coming becoming known to those that really appreciated good guitars. I've had this argument before, but back then the woods used, as far as quality, were based on the series level. It started with the -05, then -09, -10, then their top of the line P-72 series (Presentation). Used Brazilian for that series, but it was still priced very competitively. My L-10 Custom, which I sat down with my luthier for a few hrs. & planned out, was about $2300 back in '93. Was talking with George (my luthier) about that the other day. It stands out more in my mind than his, of course, but he also mentioned the quality of the woods used back then & how my L-10 was the best Larrivee he's ever seen or heard. I went for the genie just 'cuase it was so beautiful. Don't regret it. Don't like alot of bling, but I don't think I over did it, I think?
   Now Danny, I just went & contradicted myself about being speechless. Just don't get me talkin' 'bout gits. Can't stop! 'Specially if they're mine! :humour:

No mention of the seller here, Lynn, so I don't know who it is unless I go & search it out. If it was someone I knew, then I might be able to give some info, unless it was PM'd to me. Then I'd have to zip up about it! :humour:
   johnny37, people always ask me why I learned playing backwards, upside down, whatever you want to call it. It's because us lefty's are backwards & you can't walk into any music store & play many, if any, guitars because most are rightys. Might be the reason also for calling it "right" handed, besides the obvious. It's not backwards, just us leftys are unique & special. That's why for most you have to order one. They make it harder for a reason! :thumb
   And Lynn, I'm bringing my F-III to my luthier because I need some minor work on the nut, especially the low "E" string that seems like there's only half a slot there, so it just kinda rides on top. But I'll tell you, this guitar is getting sweeter & sweeter every day I play it! I'm seriously looking @ the Schaller M6 mini tuners, or the Gotoh SS enclosed (16:1 ratio). These Pings have been acting up from the start. Work, but not as well as I expected. Matt Larrivee, when asked why they switched to the PIngwells, replied that they were superior to the Gotohs & Schallers. Must have been his opinion & a way to cut costs a little. First time I've heard a statement like that! Just need to sell some stuff to get some more $.... Good things come to those that wait! I'm suddenly becoming more patient, especially while waiting for Luca's buttons (about 2 more weeks). My F-III looks very similar to Wills, except his has that matched darker streak on the back. Tops are almost identical. To bad he had to let it go. I now know I hold something special in my hands whenever I play it. Now I can make statements praising my F-III. It's a beaut! :thumb

Quote from: Broadus on May 02, 2009, 02:34:38 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but there's one on eBay with an iMix pickup system.

Bill

Ok, speak up...who snagged this one for a song??!!!???!!!
FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

I guess anyone of us here would have snagged this LSV-03 hog iMix no-cut - myself included.

I watched the last 15 minutes before closing and I would have gladly paid up to 1200
to get the hog cutaway version of #78.

Alas, money is an issue and I already have too many guitars.

I believe the winning bidder's ebay id starts with a "d" - I wonder if it's dermot or duck, but that's a wild guess.

I feel for the seller. I'm happy for the buyer.

ricky

QuoteI feel for the seller. I'm happy for the buyer.

Wow, that's over a 500 hit for the seller.  Just a bad time for selling guitars; my condolences.

Quote from: rpm60912 on May 09, 2009, 09:25:02 PM
I believe the winning bidder's ebay id starts with a "d" - I wonder if it's dermot or duck, but that's a wild guess.

It's not me Ricky... I'm not looking for another guitar, more like looking for rmore time to play the ones i have already ;-) 

I feel for the seller. I'm happy for the buyer.
:+1:

I was hoping it was you d. === for selfish reasons... I really want that guitar. If you had been the buyer, I'd at least have a chance of playing it... too bad it's not going to Vancouver.

As for playing the gits we already have, I'm with you there.

ricky