Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "A Little Bit Of Nothing"  (Read 798 times)
Will Fly

Ignore
« on: April 12, 2009, 06:39:52 PM »

It's good to have time over the past few days - and days to come - to just relax and play some good old-time music. Nothing fancy - just a little bit of nothing. The sort of thing I play when I'm in from work and relaxing.

A Little Bit Of Nothing

Cheers,

Will
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 09:25:50 PM »

Another good one. I'll be checkin the TAB when I get a chance. The IV to IVm thing is something everyone should learn. A simple thing to do that adds a lot. Thanks again.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
Will Fly

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 09:54:52 PM »

Another good one. I'll be checkin the TAB when I get a chance. The IV to IVm thing is something everyone should learn. A simple thing to do that adds a lot. Thanks again.

No tab for this as yet - just the video and chords - but I might get round to it.

Cheers,

Will
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 10:00:41 PM »

That's cool. I can see what your doin. The tab is goona be a tool I use as much as anything, for getting thumb ideas going as I delve into finger picking seriously, finally. Theres plenty of stuff to choose from on your site to get that going. The other thing I'll be getting is the chord shapes and fingerings that work good for finger style.

flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 03:55:45 AM »

Will, just feel the need to tell you I've been huntin and peckin through some of your stuff and it's just perfect for me.
Not only am I learning good shapes for finger pickin chords, but then I play around with those shapes and see whats in them.
Coming up with really cool things on my own from the seeds. On one hand finger style is challenging, mainly getting my thumb
to do right, but on the other hand it's liberating because you can free up fingers more easily and just not play string that you abandoned to fetch another note.  Can't thank you enough and I'd like to buy you and me a pint one day.
 In a month or two I'll post some finger style stuff and share my progress. I try to pick a certain thing to work on as a theme each
year and your going to be a big help in this years fingerstyle theme.  matt
PS
 what's the scoop on the chord diagram deal you used on the "country blues in E" video? What's the program and how does it work and where do I get it? I assume it is some kind of program.

Will Fly

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 08:25:02 AM »

PS
 what's the scoop on the chord diagram deal you used on the "country blues in E" video? What's the program and how does it work and where do I get it? I assume it is some kind of program.

Well - I use Adobe Photoshop. The software allows you to create "layers" which can be switched on and off - i.e. made visible or invisible - and moved around. So, I created a background layer which is the blank fretboard, plus a layer for each note circle, barre, chord name, etc., and then I move them around and made them visible or invisible to create a chord diagram "snapshot". I save each of these snapshots as a JPG file and then import all the files into iMovie - adjusting the length of each JPG file to fit the music!

It's quite time-consuming, but I've got it down to a fine art now...

Cheers,

Will
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 10:24:40 AM »

Good Lord Will. Quite time comsuming? I reckon so. So the program is baiscally Willfly 6.4 applied to photoshop I guess.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: