Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blues Workout In E  (Read 968 times)
Will Fly

Ignore
« on: April 12, 2009, 03:57:44 PM »

Another improvised, simple 12-bar blues in root positions - this time in the key of E - shown entirely as a close-up on the fretting hand. Note that you can substitute a C7 for an A7 when following the B7 chord in the 10th bar...

Blues Workout In E

Complete music, tabs and chords are on m website at:

My tabs page

Cheers,

Will
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 04:16:09 PM »

Great! Keep'm comin. Can't wait til you're full time retired! Thing I'm gonna get out of this one is around the 1:25 point. Where you put in the walking chords instead of just vamping on E or throwing in notes on top of the E. They have a Major feel and kinda jazz it up. I like the pull off of the 1st string when making the D7 shaped E7. I do that too. I really like the way it sounds off of that same shaped chord on up to A7 chord. (9th fret?) do the pull of then hit 2 string then 3 string.
 There's another turn around for you Hadden too, just walking that chord down chromaticaly pretty much. That's a good one and more on the bass strings for variety.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
hadden
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 07:20:36 PM »

What are the notes on the turnaround walkdown from the 5th fret? I see the D, C#, C on the lows... I hear it as 3rds. Hard to tell. Is he playing the E note throughout as well?

Also a walkdown that slides the e7 form down 3-2-1. Looks like anyway. I think the second would technically be a diminished chord. So this is a sub example? When I think about it there could be quite many substitutes.

Took me a second to recognize the B7 voicing at the 2nd fret. For some reason I never use that one. It's easier than the bar chord.

L-03 Italian Spruce
Will Fly

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 07:53:05 PM »

What are the notes on the turnaround walkdown from the 5th fret? I see the D, C#, C on the lows... I hear it as 3rds. Hard to tell. Is he playing the E note throughout as well?

Also a walkdown that slides the e7 form down 3-2-1. Looks like anyway. I think the second would technically be a diminished chord. So this is a sub example? When I think about it there could be quite many substitutes.

Took me a second to recognize the B7 voicing at the 2nd fret. For some reason I never use that one. It's easier than the bar chord.

Just a reminder that the tab is available for this - it may answer many of your questions... :-)

Cheers,

Will
hadden
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 08:46:13 PM »

Just a reminder that the tab is available for this - it may answer of of your questions... :-)

Cheers,

Will

Makes more sense now. Thankyou.

L-03 Italian Spruce
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: