Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Willy Porter Guild Guitar?  (Read 1368 times)
Yoyodyne

Ignore
« on: April 10, 2009, 03:07:45 PM »

I was watching a repeat of a "30 Minute Music" show here in Wisconsin that featured Willy Porter on solo acoustic, and he was playing a Willy Porter Signature guitar from Guild. When I went to the Guild website it had a link for the guitar, but when I clicked it the page was not there. Does anybody know if this guitar is still made (or in fact was ever made, as the guitar he used on the show may have been a prototype)?

Just curious about the specs of the git, have no plans to buy one. BTW, Willy Porter is an incredible guitarist, and a darn good singer/songwriter to boot.

2008 Larrivée L-03SO (Grevillea Robusta)
2008 Art & Lutherie Ami Almond
2000 Larrivée OM-02
1982 el cheapo (Fairmont) LP copy
flathead

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 03:54:40 PM »

Here are the specs.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guild-Contemporary-Series-Willy-Porter-Signature-Model-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=514860&src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0

Flathead.

Larrivee D-60
Larrivee D-05 Gryphon Headstock
Guild F-35NT
Gibson B-25
Yamaha LL-25
Martin D-16H
Martin LX1
1902  "Up toDate Guitar" oak parlor
1944 d-28  Martin ( sold last year )
pennerblue

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 06:20:12 PM »

Yoyo-

Dave's Guitars in LaCrosse has had them recently and may still...check their website.

Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

“Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it’s more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique.”
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 08:51:50 PM »

I think it was part of the contemporary series and that's why it's gone. Grab a contemporary while you can...

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: