Little Brother Online Lessons/Forum?

Started by FNG, March 06, 2009, 11:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anybody a member of Little Brothers online forum and lessons outfit?  Any input, reviews, comments?
http://community.webshots.com/user/fng45

Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Doug Jones (aka Little Brother)  lessons are top notch and his is an outstanding Human Bean!  Highly recommended. 

www.littlebrotherblues.com

David
So many songs - so little time...
Finger Picking good Folk, Blues, Gospel, Roots, Rags, and Originals
www.davidberchtold.com

:+1: :+1: :+1:

LB is the man and his lessons are a treasure trove of great ideas...plus the forum over there is one of the friendliest places on the Web....Also the place as a whole focuses on playing and improving as musicians over buying and lusting over guitars as objects....like so many other forums do.

Come on over!

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

I'll second that  :thumb

Doug / L.B. is a great player/teacher, and, to top it off a really nice guy  :+1:

I've never met Doug in person, just communicated through his old LB site and the SCGC Forum
He's always been the Best!

Nort
My wife says I can buy, sell swap guitars and cars as much as I want...
as long as I don't start swapping wives... sounds like a good deal to me.

Quote from: Blue in VT on March 06, 2009, 12:34:27 PM
the place as a whole focuses on playing and improving as musicians over buying and lusting over guitars as objects....like so many other forums (that shall remain nameless..... :wink:) do.

Come on over!

Blue
wait- what are you saying?
We are supposed to be playing these things? Won't they get contaminated or something?
:?

For those in the Atlanta area, LB will be playing tonight at the Northern Star Coffeehouse in Norcross. I'll be there to see what new stuff LB has to dispense.

btw, LB is a guitar luster too!
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

I've had LBs cool aid too.  Even went for my L05MT after watching him play his on old vids.  Highest recommendation.

jeff
Santa Cruz PJ
Martin om28v
Martin 0018vs
Bourgeois 'Alan Simpson' Slope Dread
Martin LXM (on loan)

Quote from: Randy_R on March 06, 2009, 01:09:29 PM

btw, LB is a guitar luster too!

No doubt there...LB is a human like the rest of us that like nice things and his knowledge of Blues guitars is encyclopedic...but that is not the focus of his Blues Shack....more of a secondary pursuit...like it should be IMO

Blue
OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)

LB used to post here a lot before he got busy with other stuff.  He made a great contribution.
D-03RE
D-03-12
00-50 TSB
OM-02

...and several other guitars.  Former Larrivees: P-01, OM-03R SH (Twelfth Fret special edition), P-01 Chris Hadfield special edition

The real gem over at LB's isn't necessarily his lessons, which are really great. It is the private forum section, which you get access to if you purchase a lesson, or donate about 21 bucks. There is a GREAT group of knowledgeable folks over there who are always ready to give a knowledgable response or help ya find the answer to what ever is itching ya.

The private forum tolerates absolutely no B.S. and LB will bounce trouble makers in a second. Funny thing is though, I rarely have seen anyone get out of line over there. As Blue said, the primary focus is on helping folks actually LEARN TO PLAY BLUES GUITAR! GAS is a secondary focus and the guitars that go through the classifieds over there will astound ya!

It is the only forum I have ever been on that maintains the level of civility present there and I really think it is becuase Doug treats everyone with the utmost respect and everyone else tries to do the same.

Absolutely first rate lessons.....the best and most practical I've ever found if fingerpickin' blues is your thing.
also the most helpful check the ego at the door forum anywhere. Highly recommended! Little Brother has a heart of gold and learning from him is like pickin' on the back porch with a close friend.