It's Easter

Started by Zohn, April 09, 2009, 02:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works

Quote from: teh on April 10, 2009, 12:06:18 PM
John:

Here's an answer to your son's question but the purpose is not to turn this into a religious discussion, just to enlighten.

"The Easter Bunny is a rabbit-spirit. Long ago, he was called the "Easter Hare", hares and rabbits have frequent multiple births so they became a symbol of fertility. The custom of an Easter egg hunt began because children believed that hares laid eggs in the grass. The Romans believed that "All life comes from an egg." Christians consider eggs to be "the seed of life" and so they are symbolic of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Why we dye, or color, and decorate eggs is not certain. In ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome and Persia eggs were dyed for spring festivals. In medieval Europe, beautifully decorated eggs were given as gifts."

The chocolate part came from making chocolate eggs in the early 1800s in Germany and France. Not sure why. Enjoy.

Easter is from the name of the fertility god "Ester", not sure how to spell it. Anyway she is the "goddess of fertility"

Quote from: prof_stack on April 12, 2009, 12:00:32 PM
Happy Easter!  He is Risen!!
Amen!!!
"To me...music exists to elevate us as far as possible above everyday life." ~ Gabriel Faure

Quote from: prof_stack on April 12, 2009, 12:00:32 PM
Happy Easter!  He is Risen!!

We got the easter bunny/ easter egg explanation as a symbol of fertility and spring awakening, but y'all gonna have to say a little more about the "dying for our sins" "He is Risen" symbolism. I never got that about Christianity. It seems way too abstract.

Happy Spring!
If it sounds good, it is good.

Quotebut y'all gonna have to say a little more about the "dying for our sins" "He is Risen" symbolism.

I'll respect your words and hope the best for your motives - I ask that you do the same in return for my response to your invitation to explain.

When a crime is committed - justice demands punishment for that crime.
In our court system the one who commits the crime must be the one who is punished.
If it is a capitol offense such as murder
then the death penalty may be imposed depending on where you live.

In God's system of justice - he too demands punishment for crimes.
Sometimes it ' seems 'people get away with crimes against God because they are not immediately dealt with -
but no crime will go unpunished.

God's character demands justice - crime must be punished
His great love and compassion compelled Him to find a way to help those condemed to death for their crimes.

So - in His system of justice - He determined it would be JUST (fair) if someone volunteered to take the place of the person on death row. Other parts of his nature required that the person taking the place of the condemned must be someone who had not committed any crimes.

That in a ' nutshell ' is the answer to your question

Those who do not accept God's offer are throwing away a perfectly good PARDON from death row and walking to their death.

I've tried my best to give you an honest and short answer -
if you like my effort and want me to explain what that ' resurrection thing ' is all about 
I'll be happy to try and give you a short , honest answer.

- Larry
PLAY SONG , LIVE LONG !

Larrivee OOO-60 - Lady Rose
Pavan TP-30 classical - nylon
Takamine 132s classical -nylon
former Larrivees  L-03R  SD-50

Larry thanks for that. I think that logic you presented would hold any time of the year and what you say makes sense if one agrees with god's idea as you presented it. I guess personally I don't think I've committed a crime worthy of the death penalty.

I also wasn't seeing the specific connection of the crucifixion to Spring festivals and the rebirth of life out of the stillness of Winter, without seeing it as the deliberate synthesis of Christianity with pagan (pre-christian) traditions and views of nature, in which case  the crucifixion and resurrection seems too complicated a way of presenting that idea.
If it sounds good, it is good.

Jesus Christ's resurrection should be celebrated everyday.

QuoteLarry thanks for that. I think that logic you presented would hold any time of the year and what you say makes sense if one agrees with god's idea as you presented it. I guess personally I don't think I've committed a crime worthy of the death penalty.

You are very welcome....glad I could help a little.   :donut :coffee

- Larry

PLAY SONG , LIVE LONG !

Larrivee OOO-60 - Lady Rose
Pavan TP-30 classical - nylon
Takamine 132s classical -nylon
former Larrivees  L-03R  SD-50

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1