Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Traveller guitar by Yaron Naor  (Read 471 times)
pakhan

Ignore
« on: April 01, 2009, 03:25:29 PM »

Hi Folks,

For your viewing pleasure, I have just published a build diary from luthier Yaron Naor- Yaron has been working on a Traveller guitar which has a really intriguing design. I can't link pics directly to here so do pop by to: http://guitarbench.com/index.php/2009/04/01/featured-guitar-traveller-guitar-by-yaron-naor/  for the full audio/Visual presentation. As always, I present the text portion of the profile for your consideration- although I do highly recommend popping by to see the pics!

Warmest regards,
Terence
www.guitarbench.com

Guitar Database| Traveller Guitar by Yaron Naor

Guitar Database

All pictures - Click to enlarge!
Please email with any corrections/ additional info
We aim to keep each entry as complete as possible & your help is appreciated!

Luthier Facts :
Name: Yaron Naor
Wait list: contact
Taking Orders?: Contact

* Model:Phonon “The Sound Particle”
    * Back/Sides Wood: African Walnut
    * Top Wood: Red Spruce
    * Neck Wood: American Black Walnut
    * Fingerboard: Cherry
    * Fret Markers: Dots
    * Bridge: Cherry
    * Tuners: Gotoh
    * Body Length: 29.3/4 in.
    * Lower Bout: 12.3/4 in.
    * Body Depth @ Heel: 2.5 in.
    * Body Depth @ Tail: 2.5 in.
    * Scale Length: 23 in.
    * Nut Width: 1 3/4 in.

Yaron is a very innovate luthier who has developed some unusual designs which work very well. He recently turned his attention to a travel guitar and very kindly provided us with a commentary on his build and the progress:

“I found out that many people would like a Backpacker’s guitar. But existing models are not very balanced; some weight near the end pin would really help offset the weight of the headstock and neck. Intonation can also be a little bit of a problem as you move up the fret board. Often one loses between a quarter and half step at the 12th fret. There is also not enough bass, too much treble and inadequate global volume.

So now I am building this traveler guitar to fix all these problems. The first guitar has a “leaf” style top bracing which from experience I believe that gives more volume and more bass! And the second one has a “star” top bracing and a sound port on the side.

Here are some fantastic photos of the build process Yaron has provided:

Guitar Database

Pictures & Text kind courtesy of Yaron Noar
©2009 Terence Tan.
Errors are unintentional although we try very hard not to make them- corrections or feedback are always welcome! Guitars are property of individual owners.
Any infringement of copyright is entirely unintentional. Any copyright issues should be address to: writers@guitarbench.com. We will attempt to resolve these issues quickly. Guitars remain property of respective owners.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: