Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wireless guitar systems  (Read 586 times)
MJG

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2009, 01:25:47 PM »

My son is thinking of going wireless.  Can anyone direct me to a reasonable priced model to test the waters.  I don't think it would be wise to go too cheap and cross talk from cell phones and other electronics may be an issue, but I was hoping for some option to start the research process.  I know nothing about these.

Thank you,

Mike <><
wilblee

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 06:06:16 AM »

The Line 6 X2 XDS-PLUS is an excellent system.  Very clean.  Not too expensive, as these things go.  Hard on batteries, but otherwise a very solid performer.

How do you make God laugh?  Tell Him your plans.

Dale_I
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 05:00:45 PM »

What do you consider "not too expensive"? Are there others using wireless, or is there any wireless mics/monitors/etc being used by others/sound board/etc? Getting something compatable should be considered. Our sound guys use Shure, but won't use anything less than the SLX systems. Shure makes a PGX, and one under that, but they won't even look at them. If the width of the band does not allow for reproduction of the range, you shoot yourself in the foot when the tone suffers.

"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass
wilblee

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 05:01:47 AM »

What do you consider "not too expensive"? Are there others using wireless, or is there any wireless mics/monitors/etc being used by others/sound board/etc? Getting something compatable should be considered. Our sound guys use Shure, but won't use anything less than the SLX systems. Shure makes a PGX, and one under that, but they won't even look at them. If the width of the band does not allow for reproduction of the range, you shoot yourself in the foot when the tone suffers.

The Line 6 X2 XDS-PLUS is on MF for $279.  Friends of mine say they have found it cheaper.  I bought mine used.  As far as i can tell it sounds every bit as good as the $1000+ Sennheiser unit it replaced.  There's only two of us in the band using them, but there's no interference so far - and I don't see why everybody in the band ('cept the drummer and the keyboardist) couldn't use one.

How do you make God laugh?  Tell Him your plans.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: