Larrivee D-09FM

Started by Victor82, March 26, 2009, 04:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi to everyone! My name is Victor and I'm a newbie from Italy!
I must admit that ,for now, I'm a Martin owner... but I'm in love with Larrivee guitars!!
I say "for now" because I found a used D-09FM and I'm really interested in it...
My problem is that, actually, I cannot hear it's sound (the guitar "lives"  far from here) and it's the first time I  hear about Flamed Maple! :?
I tought that D-09 series where made with rosewood (side and bottom) and so I was surprised founding a "mapled" one... and with a "strange"(for me) maple!
My question is what you guys think about the Fm? How does it sounds ??( I know it's a strange and little dumb question... :blush: ) Have you ever heard how a D-09FM sounds?
The guy is selling it to me for 1400/1500€ ( 1900/2000 $)... do you think it's a good price? (It was built in the year 2000...and it's near mint..) I can't find in the Larrivee site the price for that guitar...
Thanks to everyone!!
Victor

ps
Sorry for  my "spaghetti" english!!!  :blush: :blush:

First spaghetti" english Ididn't read any spaghetti" english you may need to add some sauce.

I have owned an L09FM and the main thing I have found was it was bright as all maple's are but the Larrivee was more balanced then other maple's I've owned.I have and adore an OM03PA which is a maple body 12 fret OM and it kicks but.So I'd say you couldn't go wrong.As for the price the original retail was the standard 09 price if I remember rite plus $400.I think back then the list for a 09 was $2099.00 so add the $400 and you have $2499.00.Since you don't see many of these out there $1800 to $1900 is what I'd think its worth.I hope this helps.

By the way I'm of Italian desent,my family is from Naple's and Calabrace{I hope I spelled this right}
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Ciao Victorino!  Welcome to the Larrivee Forum.  Larrivee makes some very fine maples and if you love the maple tone you will not be dissapointed.

Saluti
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Here is a link to a D-09 with quilted maple and a b-band pickup onboard.  The price there is $1600 BIN.  It seems that Larrivee's are always higher in Europe.  Here is the link:   http://cgi.ebay.com/LARRIVEE-D-09-QUILTED-MAPLE-BACK-AND-SIDES-DEMO-NOS_W0QQitemZ320303494964QQihZ011QQcategoryZ47064QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I hope this helps in your search.  I have never played a maple guitar period, so I am no help.  Welcome to the forum.
Clifford :welcome:
Clifford

Larrivee L-09 Custom Moonspruce
Eastman E20SS
JWalker "Wise River"
McPherson Sable
Fender Telecaster American ProII
Furch G23SR Cutaway Sitka / Rosewood
PRS Santana Abraxas

Thank you all guys!!

For unicrob:
It should be Napoli and Calabria... :winkin:
Ps
Not Spaghetti?mmmmm.. ok next time more pomodoro, basilico and parmigiano in my english!!! :bgrin:
Pps
Thanks for all the information!!
The price is more or less rigth ,then...

For Southern Cross:
Thanks! I see the QM has a lower price than the FM.. maybe it's for the flat-sawed thingy... Don't know..

For bluesman67:
I'll study the "maple sound"..then I will let you know...  :winkin:

Larrivee's 09 series is either Rosewood or some other special wood like Maple or Silver Oak or Bubinga, you get the idea.  As far as the prices go, it appears that overseas the larrivee's do cost a quite bit more.  It does cost more to ship them over I suppose.

Oh and   :welcome: to the forum

:donut  :donut2  :coffee
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Victor82 thanks for the lesson's.You can't expect much from an old New Yorker. :thumb
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help