Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Forum III Guitars Available  (Read 9776 times)
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2009, 02:51:34 PM »

Brother, you already have Larrivees in hog and rosewood very well covered. Why another rosewood?
... ricky

Exactly what I decided and what I said about the LS-03R to Jeff. But Ricky, the SD-50 is mahogany not rosewood, yielding two each of the primary tonewoods. Of course your T T T T aylor Koa would add a new category and disrupt the balance, opening the door for more. Need I mention maple and lacewood?  drool

It a good thing that dreaming can balance GAS!

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2009, 03:23:28 PM »

Nothing wrong with having 2 or more of the same body style as long as there is something different about each of them... 

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2009, 03:41:26 PM »

So, Randy. What's the opposite of "got ya?" You got me!

The only real limit to GAS is finances, making me a conservationist.  crying But I am thinking Jeff and Ricky are exploring the conservationist cause along with me. 

Norman

{GASSING for RS-4}
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2009, 04:17:53 PM »

I would be happier if I could get my IS/Hog with a cutaway, just so it wouldn't look the same as Bella, but I really didn't think that was going to be possible. I am just happy to have the opportunity to get a second and one with the purfling which is so beautiful to look at.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2009, 02:51:55 AM »

Ricky & Norman, I'm a picker, a sinner (sometimes), & a flatpicker grinner (only).  Can't fingerpick due to my dysfunctional playing (backwards). I hear Lynda comment on Bella, know how good my OM sounds, but am feeding into the IS/RW sounds I've been hearing about. How can anyone resist? Yes, my L-10 feeds my RW needs (I'm poetic tonight!), but come on, won't having 2 IS LS's be the ultimate @ not much $ put in? Jim did me well on my OM-03SP trade; hoping he'll take pity & do better after all the $ he's made on this deal!
I'm just getting like my dog gets: overexcited & hard to calm down!
Someone help!
Jeffy

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2009, 02:57:44 AM »

Sounds like you need congratulations instead of help, Jeff.

Trust me, I understand the excitement. Buy the LS-03R and hold it close. I would surely keep that L-10 though!

Guess it isn't enabling when your friend already has his heart set. 

Like I told Randy earlier my current financial situation has turned me into a conservationist, so no LS-03R in my future, or dreams.

Norman

{GASSING for RS-4}
pennerblue

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2009, 03:50:38 AM »

I'm just getting like my dog gets: overexcited & hard to calm down!
Someone help!
Jeffy

"Sit Jeff! STAY!"

Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

“Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it’s more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique.”
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2009, 04:00:52 AM »

The L-10 will never leave me. Since I'm getting an IS/HOG & the OM-05 is HOG also & the IS/RW sounds to be a thing of beauty, I think I can live with parting with the OM. Can get another in the future. Can't get an LS-03 IS/RW then. Norman, I'm going to listen to you. I'm in the same boat financially. Might have to sell my coin collection now. But it just sits in the closet, unlike a Forum git would
Thanks!
Jeff
Penner, throw me atreat & it might work. Doubt it.

lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2009, 12:47:19 PM »

Jeff, you know we're the biggest bunch of enablers here! Just don't want to see the opportunity to buy a second pass you by. Regret is a lousy feeling.

BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2009, 04:32:50 PM »

Lynda, I PM'd you with my bad news. Jim has only 1 RW LS available, with alot of inquiries into it. He would rather do cash than a trade, & I can't blame him. Now I have to see if ANYONE OUT THERE would do a direct trade for my OM-05. I don't care if it has HB or not, just RW. I'm going to put it in the sell/trade section, but I'm not holding my breath. Anyone with 2 RW's? Anyone? Please consider this once in a lifetime trade. The OM-05 IS a wonderful guitar, just if you're looking for a different body style & wood, this would be your choice. Just had it setup after the winter & not getting alot of play time until lately.Have a service contract with Sam Ash, might as well use it! I'll lose it once I sell the OM anyway. It's near mint or mint & hasn't been played in yet. Wonderful deal! Any takers? crying
Jeff   

BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2009, 04:34:13 PM »

And Lynda, that's like the pot calling the kettle "black"! 
Jeff   

Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2009, 11:44:21 PM »

You might not want to have 2 F-III's if you like 00's. You'll want to start saving.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2009, 02:16:39 AM »

I'm just going to have to wait, as some have said, 'till my F-III is in my hands. If totally blown away, it will end there. If I don't hear "piano-like" sounds, I'm going to GAS for an IS/RW. THE best sounding guitar I've ever heard was a Flammang OM with a mesquite body. Yes, mesquite. It sounded like a harp when lightly strummed. Blew me away. David said he had one more set left to build one for me, but it turns out he decided not since it was too knotty. I think I could have gotten over that, but he's the professional.
Jeff   

es-335

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2009, 06:02:31 AM »

If there are any left, I sincerely recommend you to pick up one of these guitars!!

these things are amazing..

whether you get all hog , IS/hog or IS/RW.. you won't regret it..

Jeffrey

dazdarren

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2009, 06:06:17 AM »

I dont mean to be a party pooper on the extra FGIIIs being available but I wonder if its premature to be selling them. Maybe I'm a little cynical of the delivery services but what happens if a FGIII gets lost, destroyed or damaged in transit before it reaches the buyer.  Isn't that what the extras were intended to cover...in case something happened to one of the original 78?  I hope everyone gets theirs delivered safe and sound and fully intact but there is the possibility that might not happen.  I've seen the way the shipper/delivery service company's throw packages around.  Just my two cents.
photomat

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2009, 06:08:37 AM »

I've seen the way the shipper/delivery service company's throw packages around.  Just my two cents.

I notice the two large tire marks on jeffrey's guitar box.  at least they were the sidewalls, not the tread that was showing!

FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2009, 07:34:13 AM »

I'm just going to have to wait, as some have said, 'till my F-III is in my hands. If totally blown away, it will end there. If I don't hear "piano-like" sounds, I'm going to GAS for an IS/RW.

My guess is that you'll be blown away by your IS/hog. You would not believe how satisfied you'll be!

I somehow can't imagine how a L-10 cannot deliver what a FG3 IS/rw can & then some; except for the LS perfect fit for smaller folks like me. The depth in sound of the FG3 belies its petite size.

Wait. GAS too will pass. If it persists, there will be used ones in the FS section.

ricky
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2009, 01:16:46 PM »

The extras aren't shipping until the 78 are shipped is my understanding.

BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2009, 03:57:31 PM »

Lynda's correct. Spoke with Jim yesterday & he said even though he had lots of people interested in the ONE IS/RWHB, he was going to wait 'till all of the F-III's were completed. Ricky, probably for the same reason you stated & also to get the "high priority" order taken care of first. I think he's thinking of all of us that didn't get theirs yet & sincerely wants to put them in ours hands. He really is a nice, sincere person, which is just my impression from phone conversations.
   Also Ricky, I'm not too sure one will pop up in the "for sale" area & if it does, it will get jumped on VERY quickly! I'm about to call him about that Larri SD-50 that he's had for a while. Slot-head, 12 to the body, SB gloss finish, just some dings & a small crack repair, which he did himself & describes all that was done. Onlt backlash from that is it's a HOG body, but what a fine body it is!
   I saw a Baden "A' series with a Euro Spruce top & RW body. The '08's are marked down alot, it is an "auditorium" size body, thus small & the closest I'd get to I/S. Most likely, pretty close in sound. Only dingy thing for me is the cutaway is on the wrong side, but I don't play above the twelfe fret too often, unless doing some lead work.
   Anybody have some input on Badens? I know for us Larrivee lovers it's a tricky question, but some honest input would be great! And Ricky, I can't say it too much about the fact that my L-10 is in the top 3 gits I've ever heard or played. That baby will never go! I sat down with George Youngblood for about 2-3 hrs. & planned that guitar out. Wendy was thinking of leaving the business & going back to school @ that time ('93), so I had to act fast to get her to do everything before she decided. As far as body size, be it mine or my gits, I'm 6'6" & really enjoy OM size or around there. Just sits so nicely in my lap & is so easy to play. I'm sure I'll be blown away by my F-III, but just wanted that smaller LS IS/RW. I know it's not too much different than my OM, but it also has the 12 to the body. Makes a big difference, @ least to my ears.The Baden just might fill my needs, @ around the same price.
   There I go again, rambling on. Have to work on posts 5 or less words!
Jeff   

GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2009, 04:03:04 PM »

Hey, Jeff, I live in Texas. We love gushers!!

I'd like to see that SD-50 go to a friend since I can't get it myself. But if you aren't used to being ribbed about your unorthodox playing style you should be. Don't rule out the Baden auditorium. European spruce and rosewood seems to be calling your name,  s o f t l y,   s w e e t l y.

Norman

{GASSING for RS-4}
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: