Pages: [1] 2 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Forum III Guitars Available  (Read 10365 times)
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: March 25, 2009, 10:28:44 PM »

Hello,

I offered to post this on behalf of Jim Holler. It was mentioned to those of us present in Vancouver that there were some extra guitars that were being made. Exactly how many and which wood combinations were not known at the time. Jim received the following list from John Larrivee last night.

Anybody who is interested should contact Jim either via telephone or email as soon as possible as these are being sold on a first come first serve basis. Jim will require a deposit from you now, as was the case with the original orders with the remainder to be paid before shipping. Please note that direct shipping to Canada is still an option if you are a Canadian and wish for this. Also, for any Canadians interested in a Forum III, GST must be paid directly to Larrivee Guitars before shipping. Jim can provide details on who to contact there.

Without further adieu, here is the list:

1 mh - mahogany top & herringbone purfling  LS03MTHB 

3 mh - italian spruce top  LS03

3 mh - italian spruce top & herringbone purfling LS03 HB
    2 sold
   1 left

2 rw - italian spruce top & herring bone purfling LS03RHB

1 rw - italian spruce top LS03R

Jim is currently unsure as to when these will ship, but expects this to happen after the 78 original orders have shipped.

Lynda

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 10:34:53 PM »

Jim is currently unsure as to when these will ship, but expects this to happen after the 78 original orders have shipped.

It had better be or there will be  mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 10:37:06 PM »

Of course they're going to ship afterwards! 

photomat

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 10:51:57 PM »

Here Ricky Ricky...Here Ricky Ricky.....

I see a couple sold already...OK who picked an extra one up??????

FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String
Vancouver Southpaw

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 10:52:09 PM »

Interesting - I know there was an extra RW/IS lefty - wonder what happened to it??!

Meanwhile, I have a beef - prices included two rounds of shipping plus bone saddle/setup. Those of us who did or will be picking our guitars up in person incurred neither of those expenses nor received the saddle/setup service.

Mike
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 10:54:16 PM »

Here Ricky Ricky...Here Ricky Ricky.....

I see a couple sold already...OK who picked an extra one up??????

Guilty as charged 

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 10:56:34 PM »

Interesting - I know there was an extra RW/IS lefty - wonder what happened to it??!

Meanwhile, I have a beef - prices included two rounds of shipping plus bone saddle/setup. Those of us who did or will be picking our guitars up in person incurred neither of those expenses nor received the saddle/setup service.

Mike
               It's a moot point for me. I'm too happy with my lil git.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 10:57:45 PM »

Guilty as charged 
  Yea but what are you guilty of?

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 10:59:17 PM »

Mike

Mike
You make an excellent point.  I wonder if we could at least have the bone saddle sent to us so we can install it ourselves.    Indeed, picking up our guitars saved, in my case, 6,000 miles of shipping.   Perhaps a rebate  would not be unreasonable.
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 11:08:10 PM »

Yea but what are you guilty of?

For buying another Forum III.

BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 11:10:22 PM »

seriously Lynda!  What flavour did you get???  Hog/IS with HB?  Consider me jealous!

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 11:12:32 PM »

seriously Lynda!  What flavour did you get???  Hog/IS with HB?  Consider me jealous!

Sorry Ben, but yes, that's what I got. Please don't be jealous, just know that the LS size is just perfect for me and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get another.

BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 11:14:52 PM »

Sorry Ben, but yes, that's what I got. Please don't be jealous, just know that the LS size is just perfect for me and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to get another.
, and to think you nearly didn't get the first one.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 11:15:53 PM »

As for the discussion here about the shipping/bone saddle subject, please speak to Jim Holler for clarification.

Vancouver Southpaw

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 11:16:11 PM »

The bone saddle was offered as a freebie by JH.  Nobody was paying for it, and the offer stood if you waited for it to be shipped with the others (as someone did at the factory visit).  Also, the pice includes one round of shipping.  If you bought another guitar from JH, would you be charged for the shipping from Larrivee to JH.  No, just the shipping from him to you.  Sorry to sound argumentative, but I think it is a bit out of line to gripe about this.  Jim is selling these guitars just as he would any other guitar, but with an even better than the normal level of excelent customer service.

Everyone who took theirs home on the 16th or chose direct shipping knew what the implications were.

Ben

Point taken about the double shipping. As for the saddles, nothing is free. Jim is in business and I'm sure a calculation was made. I don't have a problem with that - business is business. And yes, we knew the implications of taking 'em home that day, although I didn't have the option as they built mine backwards. Sorry that you feel I'm out of line.

Mike
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 11:24:10 PM »

There are more available, why stop with two.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 11:24:42 PM »

Roger, please stop enabling me. 

BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 11:26:08 PM »

Point taken about the double shipping. As for the saddles, nothing is free. Jim is in business and I'm sure a calculation was made. I don't have a problem with that - business is business. And yes, we knew the implications of taking 'em home that day, although I didn't have the option as they built mine backwards. Sorry that you feel I'm out of line.

Mike

Sorry too, I am not usually one for being confrontational.  I shouldn't say 'out of line'.   lets agree to disagree instead

I do, however, feel your pain about seeing your guitar the wrong way around, that must have been a pain on the day.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 11:31:17 PM »

I don't know about "out of line" but I do believe that this should be done between the dealer and the buyer if there is a problem.
    We have kept this a positive experience to this point and to make a small item loom larger in public is just not my cup of tea.
     I will personally make bone saddles and send them to anyone who was there and wants one if it makes you feel better.
danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009, 11:33:55 PM »

You did what so many of us wanted to do. I'm glad you got the MH/IS, I think you will really enjoy it.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Pages: [1] 2 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: