Pages: 1 ... 43 [44] 45 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum III impressions and discussion  (Read 119383 times)
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: May 12, 2009, 11:55:31 PM »

Danny, just opening up some people eyes to the reasons for the Pings & "inferior" cases, which I personally don't have a problem with. My cloth thing works, I take care of my guitars, but would still like to upgrade the Pings. When I get the $! Am already committed to Luca(asp) for the olive-wood buttons, so I'm tied up $wise for a while. I know we have been over these subjects before, many complaining about the cases, but the emails explain about the reasons for the prices of things & why certain things are used on different series, which some just don't understand. That's all the point of my post was. If anyone wants more info, contact me. I'm working on a letter to summarize, vertually verbatum, what was said. I'm cool with all after hearing Matthew explain all. 'Nough said.  bigrin
     Jeff   

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: May 13, 2009, 12:39:07 AM »

Danny, just opening up some people eyes to the reasons for the Pings & "inferior" cases, which I personally don't have a problem with. My cloth thing works, I take care of my guitars, but would still like to upgrade the Pings. When I get the $! Am already committed to Luca(asp) for the olive-wood buttons, so I'm tied up $wise for a while. I know we have been over these subjects before, many complaining about the cases, but the emails explain about the reasons for the prices of things & why certain things are used on different series, which some just don't understand. That's all the point of my post was. If anyone wants more info, contact me. I'm working on a letter to summarize, vertually verbatum, what was said. I'm cool with all after hearing Matthew explain all. 'Nough said.  bigrin
     Jeff  
I'm always up for Matt's replies, PM me if you like. I am interested.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #862 on: May 13, 2009, 01:18:23 AM »

I picked up that 000 Larrivee case from eBay. Not cheap, but a really good case, and fits the Forum3 like it was built for it, and it does have Larrivee both printed and on a second tag. And I still have room for a polishing cloth on top.

For as long as I intend to keep this guitar, it was a minimal investment, $7/yr for 20 years, and I would have no qualms throwing it in the back of the car with a pile of other equipment now. Nice, new OM size case in the FS section, if anyone wants it. That would cut the cost considerably.

And even though the Pings aren't bad, I will renew the thread about a special buy on Gotoh replacements soon to see if anyone is interested now that they have their guitars -

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: May 13, 2009, 11:58:52 AM »

They are nice, huh? The one I was using to store my OM MT fits it very well and I feel better knowing it's well protected.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: May 13, 2009, 12:36:04 PM »

I'm getting tempted to replace my cases, more because I'm anal retentive than anything else. I can't stand opening my cases and seeing the strings and bridge imprinted on the top of the case.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
iDavid

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: May 13, 2009, 01:41:22 PM »

cases?

I'm still waiting for my F-3  crying

Larrivee Forum-III all hog
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: May 13, 2009, 01:51:26 PM »

cases?

I'm still waiting for my F-3  crying

HONESTLY???

I assumed you had it by now.  It must be painful.  How long has it been in transit?

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: May 13, 2009, 02:52:09 PM »

Still waiting!!! You HAVE to be the last one - but that may be worth confirming.

Please let us know when you get it, and what you think of it - 

Tad

limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: May 13, 2009, 08:02:15 PM »

there are people still waiting for their Forum III's? I've fallen in love with mine and bonded already after 2 months.

I hope you enjoy it iDavid

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: May 13, 2009, 10:56:38 PM »

Hey guys, I've been out traveling for work pretty much every week for the past 2 months. I'm a little backlogged on mail. I just got through the last pile and I noticed that I have the thank you card! I'm very sorry and I'll send that out right away.

- Adam

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #870 on: May 13, 2009, 11:57:18 PM »

Lynda, that way you know it fits nice & tight, @ least in one direction! Won't move up & down, & it won't hurt your guitar, either. Close your eyes when you open your cases!
     Jeff   

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: May 14, 2009, 12:11:11 AM »

there are people still waiting for their Forum III's? I've fallen in love with mine and bonded already after 2 months.

I hope you enjoy it iDavid
Wow, only took me two minutes. whistling

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: May 14, 2009, 03:45:36 AM »

Yeah, Danny, & that was @ the plant before you even played it!
     Jeff   

iDavid

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: May 14, 2009, 12:36:09 PM »

yep, no F-3 in my house  crying

I live in Japan, but have an American APO address.  Sometimes things take a long time to get here.  I think it is flying around the long way.

My F3 has been in transit over a MONTH.  PAINFUL?  not so much.  When it gets here and its OK, I'll be good.

I got a Cargo awhile back and have had some time to get use to it and I'm not diggin it, so I am REALLY looking forward to the F3 

david

tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: May 15, 2009, 11:20:57 PM »

I have posted the information about a Forum order for Gotoh drop-in replacement tuners for the Forum 3, as well as any other Larrivee that uses Ping minis, in the FOR SALE section. If anyone has any interest, please read it and respond to me -

Thanks -   Tad

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: May 16, 2009, 12:18:53 AM »

I have posted the information about a Forum order for Gotoh drop-in replacement tuners for the Forum 3, as well as any other Larrivee that uses Ping minis, in the FOR SALE section. If anyone has any interest, please read it and respond to me -

Thanks -   Tad
  Tad if they fit, and you can get the buttons in white.   
                                     I'm In.

THANKS TAD, I know it's a hassle to do this. And I appreciate your effort.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: May 16, 2009, 12:52:23 AM »

OK friends,ladies, gentlemenand Larrivites(sounds like a gang from Canaan) You have to read the Bible to understand that reference.
    I went to many guitar stores in Austin, Tejas and only found one DECENT case for travleing with "1of78" which it shall hence forth be known as, since no one but me and ricky ever refer to it as ''danny's git''

Anyway... I plan on taking 1of78 to Philly next week, and putting it in the very capable hands of Jonathan, who is also known as GA-ME. I know he's a very serious player and budding luthier. A man after my own heart, so to speak. So I look forward with anticipation to meet him face to face. And just as I suppose it will be when Matt and I meet finally in person, I will be overwhelmed and unable to relax and just play my git the way I know how to play.
                   This post is about a guitar case btw.

But, these two guys are both very much, an inspiration to me. Matt tries as hard as he can to better himself and help others to do the same. And Jon has overcome more adversity than most people will ever face in there entire lifetime, yet he keeps surfacing from the despair and translates it into positive energy both in musical talent, improvement of his intellectual status and his creative skills seem to be surpassing all of us except unclrob, in the way he takes on hopeless gits and makes them wonderful instruments to be enjoyed by more generations.
                   What does this have to do with a F-III?

Well, I want a better case to travel with. I will be flying from Tejas to Pennsylvania and then driving  all over the eastern  states for a week. Then traveling back to Tejas. SO I NEED A BETTER CASE.
          I can't wait for one to be shipped, so I bought a "Roadrunner" CLSC case. It fits in every way, except the length of the body itself. So I decided to take an exacto knife and carefully slit the plush fabric, so I can peel it back.
            Then I will carve the hard foam to the exact shape of the F-III and use double sided tape (the good stuff) to re-secure the plush liner.
           I think in the end I will have a very nice flite/travel case. Actually very similar to my Martin case. It only cost $80, so I think that's a bargain. It was on sale at GC.

So any thoughts?

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: May 16, 2009, 02:25:14 AM »

I think we need some pics -  bigrin

Tad

rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: May 16, 2009, 05:04:17 AM »

I got a Cargo awhile back and have had some time to get use to it and I'm not diggin it

I hear you david. The Cargo by CA Guitars that I test drove earlier this week did not do it for me. It's okay for finger picking. I was actually amazed at the nice bottom sound. Once I started strumming it, there was a "numbness" (pardon the tactile description) in the sound - kinda like an unplugged electric git only a little more volume. If it was half its 4-digit Canadian price tag, maybe I'd consider; but I'm still biased toward wood.

And Danny... the FG III is "danny's git" - with the tuffy 12th and tadol nomenclature... always has, always is, always will be.

ricky #78of78
iDavid

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: May 16, 2009, 12:49:09 PM »

I hear you david. The Cargo by CA Guitars that I test drove earlier this week did not do it for me. It's okay for finger picking. I was actually amazed at the nice bottom sound. Once I started strumming it, there was a "numbness" (pardon the tactile description) in the sound - kinda like an unplugged electric git only a little more volume. If it was half its 4-digit Canadian price tag, maybe I'd consider; but I'm still biased toward wood.

And Danny... the FG III is "danny's git" - with the tuffy 12th and tadol nomenclature... always has, always is, always will be.

ricky #78of78

I have a CA Legacy and it is wonderful; very full and has a warm aobut it that I have not heard in any other CA guitars. They have a new OM-X which looks like a winner, Raw finish smaller price tag.

I find I prefer my Larry OM-2 overall.  I love the 11/16 neck on it.  I HOPE I get my F3 soon and that it will be all I have hoped for

david

Pages: 1 ... 43 [44] 45 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: