Pages: 1 ... 41 [42] 43 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum III impressions and discussion  (Read 119150 times)
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: May 07, 2009, 12:11:44 PM »

No pics. Once I walked Jeff upstairs he was a goner as the guitar sucked him in and fixed him there,lol. All we could hear was happy thumping foot in the livingroom downstairs,lol.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: May 07, 2009, 01:31:59 PM »

I've taken my F3 out and the case fit seems just fine for traveling.  If anyone is concerned about the fit, I think a little case surgery can help.  Try making a small cut in the interior padding and insert sections of foam stuffing from Michael's Crafts or a similar store that sells foam stuffing for craft projects.  They come in different widths and lengths and can be easily talored to fit, and squeeze into a small cut and expand out to permanently sighten up the interior of your case.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: May 07, 2009, 03:01:10 PM »

And Joseph, I'm not trying to sound inflammatory. If you want to cut your case up, that's your thing. like i said, the simplest & easiest things will work sometimes, & this does. Would you go so far as sowing your cut back up? I hope so. If you don't care, just use the sock then!

I'm good.  I have taken my F3 places in it's case and it fits just fine for me, no need to adjust and fits snug.  Some folks though seem to be not so lucky.

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: May 07, 2009, 03:10:09 PM »

I always have a polishing cloth in my case which I usually lay over the strings at the body, but you could roll that up and stuff it wherever you feel fit.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: May 07, 2009, 03:16:41 PM »

but you could roll that up and stuff it wherever you feel fit.

Hmmm...

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: May 07, 2009, 04:05:08 PM »

Holly, don't even go there!

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: May 07, 2009, 05:18:03 PM »

Now ladies, please... spare us. You may be adversely affecting the few virgin minds around here. 

ricky
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: May 07, 2009, 05:27:26 PM »

I'm good.  I have taken my F3 places in it's case and it fits just fine for me, no need to adjust and fits snug.  Some folks though seem to be not so lucky.
                      I know I must sound like a broken record, but my case works just fine also.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: May 07, 2009, 09:05:42 PM »

Mine works fine, but I would still like to find a better case, I was hoping for a Larrivee arch-top case, but I will see how it fits in a classical case, and see if I can find something very solid and reasonably priced. I plan to keep these for a while, so once I know what I need to find, I can keep my eyes open until a good deal comes along - no rush.

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: May 07, 2009, 10:18:43 PM »

I haven't noticed any problems with the case for mine.  But my guitar doesn't go very far very often.

Play it daily for best results.
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: May 07, 2009, 10:44:50 PM »

Personally, I don't like the case. I am just anal this way in that I don't like seeing the strings and bridge imprinted on the lid of the case when I open it. Then again, I'm spoiled by Holly's case which is the archtop case.

And Ricky, I didn't say a word!

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: May 08, 2009, 12:52:30 AM »

Mine works fine, but I would still like to find a better case, I was hoping for a Larrivee arch-top case, but I will see how it fits in a classical case, and see if I can find something very solid and reasonably priced. I plan to keep these for a while, so once I know what I need to find, I can keep my eyes open until a good deal comes along - no rush.

Tad
  Tad if you find a nicer one let me know. I would like to get a better one for the long run also.

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: May 08, 2009, 12:57:50 AM »

What about that guy on eBay? He's the one I bought my Larrivee archtop cases from for my OM's. Wait...http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Larrivee-00P-Deluxe-Acoustic-Guitar-Hard-Case_W0QQitemZ380065858183QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item587db0c287&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

he's got a lot of differant things and is very responsive. If you email him your guitar's measurments I'm sure he'll have something.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: May 08, 2009, 01:23:38 AM »

This is the case that they sell that I think would fit.  I'm just worried about ordering it after hearing that the FIII didn't fit into Tadol's LS-10 case. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Larrivee-CLS-Deluxe-Acoustic-Guitar-Hard-Case_W0QQitemZ330272640922QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item4ce5c88f9a&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Can anyone verify that this case is compatible with the FIII?

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #834 on: May 08, 2009, 01:29:23 AM »

That eBay CLS case looks like the same size as the case I have with my LS-10 - the upper and lower bout dimensions are 1/4" too small, which make putting the F3 into the LS case a no-go, so probably the same with those.

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
dragon1952

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: May 08, 2009, 08:27:03 AM »

I'm almost positive the 000P case is the one I have, and the Forum III fits in it. Here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Larrivee-000P-Deluxe-Acoustic-Guitar-Hard-Case_W0QQitemZ330272640971QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item4ce5c88fcb&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
I got this case with a Larrivee OM I bought, and swapped cases with the Forum III case when I sold the OM. There is an insert that is in front of the accessory compartment that is held down with velcro. You have to pull that out due to the extra length of the Forum III body, and then the Forum III fits in there pretty nicely.  I measured mine and it is practically identical to the one in the link, but I get 1/2" wider at the waist. Here's a pic of mine in the case. You can see the insert that I pulled out sitting next to the case.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Taylor 310CE, Eastman E10D, Blueridge BR-160, Eastman T486
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: May 08, 2009, 12:21:00 PM »

You guys are making this harder than it needs to be. Email him with your specs and he can tell you yes or no and find you one that fits.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
flathead

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: May 08, 2009, 01:17:58 PM »

You guys are making this harder than it needs to be. Email him with your specs and he can tell you yes or no and find you one that fits.

holly

Typical female response...... I bet your suggestion would be to pull over and ask for directions, if they were lost on the road. Haven't you learned yet that this is how guys do things.
Flathead.

Larrivee D-60
Larrivee D-05 Gryphon Headstock
Guild F-35NT
Gibson B-25
Yamaha LL-25
Martin D-16H
Martin LX1
1902  "Up toDate Guitar" oak parlor
1944 d-28  Martin ( sold last year )
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #838 on: May 08, 2009, 01:20:03 PM »

Typical female response...... I bet your suggestion would be to pull over and ask for directions, if they were lost on the road. Haven't you learned yet that this is how guys do things.
Flathead.

Never ask for directions.  The world will end if you stop and ask for directions.  It is a known fact!

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: May 08, 2009, 04:21:11 PM »

I'm beginning to think the cases are padded in case they need to put some of you in it for awhile....

I get the case thing, the cases they come with are cheap and not substantial enough that I'd take a guitar anywhere in it. I mean, it's not like you can just buy another one of these guitars.

As for directions, I'll have you know I don't ask. I keep a GPS with me.  Prepared at all times.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 41 [42] 43 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: