Pages: 1 ... 26 [27] 28 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum III impressions and discussion  (Read 115694 times)
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: April 17, 2009, 10:43:40 PM »

#56 is Home
Ya'll sure take some nice pictures. Love your back yard too! What area you in?

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
kinnez

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: April 17, 2009, 10:46:50 PM »

#56 is Home

With the rest of the family

Man, that is one big family.  How do you keep them all happy??  I have enough trouble keeping two mouths feed with two guitars.      What's your impression of the Forum 3 compared to the rest of the family.
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: April 17, 2009, 10:57:08 PM »

No kidding and the lab almost looks photoshopped in,lol. I didn't know Texas could look like that. It's beautiful.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
LookingForLarri

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: April 17, 2009, 11:16:01 PM »

Thank you. I live in sunny Central Oregon. Pretty much the center of the state.

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor
LookingForLarri

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: April 17, 2009, 11:18:21 PM »

No kidding and the lab almost looks photoshopped in,lol. I didn't know Texas could look like that. It's beautiful.

holly

The Lab is actually a Ham and I don't think Texas can.  I lived in San Antonio for about 10 years and it looks a little different than here in Oregon.

Man, that is one big family.  How do you keep them all happy??  I have enough trouble keeping two mouths feed with two guitars.      What's your impression of the Forum 3 compared to the rest of the family.

Too early to compare, going to to wait for the honeymoon period to pass first

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: April 17, 2009, 11:56:21 PM »

The Lab is actually a Ham and I don't think Texas can.  I lived in San Antonio for about 10 years and it looks a little different than here in Oregon.

Too early to compare, going to to wait for the honeymoon period to pass first

Ha! I thought it looked a little hilly,lol.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
flatlander
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: April 18, 2009, 12:06:34 AM »

I lived in San Antonio for about 10 years and it looks a little different than here in Oregon.
Ok. Beautiful and you're obviously on the east side of Cascades and not in the drizzling rain everyday.
Congrats on your guitar and your home.

10-1614 more than a number, it's body and soul.
Daysailer

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: April 18, 2009, 01:09:35 AM »

#56 is Home

'bout  time....

nice guitar     Look'n great

Iff'n we e're get together,  Yours will be the one with all the extr'ee 'bone.
Sisters, or Blue River   ???
DS

L-03 BlackWood..... "Pluck"
OM-03- MT Forum #14/17
F-III IS/Hog #63/78....SOLD
Seagull Artist Folk
Pono and Kanile'a Tenor Ukulele's
The real Day Sailer...1966 Day Sailer..the boat, not the person
Alpione

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: April 18, 2009, 01:19:47 AM »

Wow - that's very cheap especially compared to the Elixirs. So, really, we're talking about two kinds of strings here - both the EXPs and EJs are PBs.

Thanks, Mike

They come in both PB and 80/20.

EXP16 and EJ16 are both PB.  Coated and uncoated respectively.
Same with EXP11 and EJ11, but 80/20 instead.
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: April 18, 2009, 01:50:20 AM »

#56 is Home

With the rest of the family

Congrats!!!  Those pictures are amazing.

BTW...thats not a family...thats an addiction.  Glad to see that there are people with far worse cases of GAS than me.  Almost makes me feel like I'm on the road to recovery with only 3 guitars...

Enjoy the whole family. 

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: April 18, 2009, 02:22:27 AM »

I LOVE hog tops, I really do.  The FIII hogs I`ve seen are spectacular but these IS tops are really different from any other Larrivee!!!

I love the highs on mine.  The word that comes to mind is shimmering...

And they look great!!!

even mine!!

I could have put a whole lot more pictures up on here!!! nice guitar nice guitar nice guitar nice guitar nice guitar nice guitar nice guitar nice guitar

Safricanplayer

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: April 18, 2009, 02:47:27 AM »

# 56 looks perfectly well adjusted and very content amongst the sibbling   I really believe those IS tops are something special. I can't wait for my All Hog to arrive to compare it to Megans IS/RW.

~ Ray ~

Mcknight Slope Dred ~ '59 bearclaw Sitka / Wavy African Mahogany
Eichelbaum OM ~ Euro Spruce / Brazilian Rosewood
Martin 000-18 Norman Blake
Larrivee Forum III ~ All Hog
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: April 18, 2009, 03:06:37 AM »

I'm assuming because it's a satin finish. I think the last thing you'd want to do is buff away at a satin finish, but I'm totally guessing here. i just brush mine off with my shirt or something,lol

Wow...never heard that theory before.

If you want a great microfiber cleaning cloth...here is a product I really like. Microfiber cloths called "Googalies"....made in a number of sizes...and a couple different surfaces. i bought a handful of them and use them with my photo and video gear...as well as keep some in guitar cases. I also use some smaller ones to keep my eyeglasses clean. They last years...they are kind of expensive but they are very useful will last forever....

(Mandatory Larrivee content) One is in the case of my ForOM guitar as we speak.....

YMMV

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: April 18, 2009, 12:25:03 PM »

Well, I have no idea if it's right,lol. I have no idea how much rubbing it takes to make a difference but i read these posts where there's a shiny spot here and there from an arm resting, etc. I thought maybe over time, this would contribute if you are trying to buff up the same place. In my case I have a couple rough spots on my Bubinga (a big one really in the back, bugs the hell out of me) that would catch fiber.

I'm also a pretty aggressive polisher. Out, out damn spot.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
aarra

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: April 18, 2009, 01:23:51 PM »

Thanks for the info on Googalies.  I will get some.  This is my first satin finish so I guess I'll have to learn more about it.  I'm still afraid to touch it.  Want to keep it pristine so I'll probably wrap it in saran wrap.   I mentioned that to a friend who doesn't play any instrument and he thought I was serious.  Asked me if it plays better that way.  I was looking for the cloth to caress the guitar without using my greasy hands.  I play my OM-05 in my "guitar shirt",  long-sleeved T with no buttons and no watch on.  Also, anyone within 10 yards has to hold his/her breath. 
     Thanks for the responses.
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: April 18, 2009, 01:49:06 PM »

You'd love the guitar cozy that Jim included with my Classical. Imagine a velvet snood/bonnet type thing with elastic around the edges. It has a neat cutout where the heel pokes out so it's flush to the body. So the back and sides are protected which is great when you are dealing with a Classical finish.

Maybe Jim would post a link as I can't seem to find on on the site.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: April 18, 2009, 04:28:28 PM »

I'm a little anal about playing my guitars. Because I sweat, especially around the a-pit, I place a small cloth over the lower bout, just enough so my arm oils & sweat don't get on the finish & eat it up. Has kept my guitars looking new for years. Also increases the value because if you have to sell, you don't have a big mark from your arm on the guitar. Some would say so what, but I keep a small cloth for the bout (to lay over) & a smaller one for the neck & strings in every case. Makes sense, but some don't give a s*** about the marks, just say it adds character. A matter of preference. And try not to use the micro-fiber cloth (Larrivee) on the string or any rough spot. It will pull the threads out.
     Jeff   

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: April 19, 2009, 01:40:26 AM »

After 24 hours, me and #59 are starting to click.  Some of the tightness is gone.  Getting better all the time...

Check out a "Three Larivee Amigos" thread in a bit.  Photos attached.

Play it daily for best results.
Alpione

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: April 19, 2009, 02:06:54 AM »

After 24 hours, me and #59 are starting to click.  Some of the tightness is gone.  Getting better all the time...

+1

I'm in the same boat.  I was a little underwhelmed when I first started playing it, but it's definitely growing on me quickly.  It strums well, but it's definitely a fingerstyle guitar.  It's considerably more responsive than my L-03R.  The notes come out loud and clear with very little effort, though the overall sound is still tight.  I think some of the improvement is the EXP16s calming down a little.  I think switching over to uncoated strings will make it better still, but I always feel bad "wasting" new strings.  I'm sure that will go away in about a day.   bigrin

And it sure is purty. 

Adam
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: April 19, 2009, 04:27:30 AM »

I'm in the same boat.  I was a little underwhelmed when I first started playing it, but it's definitely growing on me quickly.  It strums well, but it's definitely a fingerstyle guitar.  It's considerably more responsive than my L-03R.  The notes come out loud and clear with very little effort, though the overall sound is still tight.  I think some of the improvement is the EXP16s calming down a little.  I think switching over to uncoated strings will make it better still, but I always feel bad "wasting" new strings.  I'm sure that will go away in about a day.   bigrin  And it sure is purty.  Adam

+1  When its time, EJ16's will go on my LS-03R.  Until then, the FIII is going to get lots of playing time.

Play it daily for best results.
Pages: 1 ... 26 [27] 28 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: