Forum III impressions and discussion

Started by Randy_R, March 25, 2009, 04:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I don't know why. But I'm glad the two of you are happpy. Hey, is it true that the guitars don't come with Cleartones? That would be swell.

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

No Cleartones. They were strung with Daddario EXPs
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: lyric_girl on April 16, 2009, 06:02:48 PM

I have to say, I am liking the strings a lot.  Quite noisy to slide up and down them, but better than I expected.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Well, they record well!

I put up a new tune called That Face:

myspace.com/denisturbide

I recorded it with my FIII...WOW, I love this guitar!  I'm so happy that I decided to join the Forum III club.  They should make these guitars all the time.  

I hope you like the tune.      

Great new tune Denis.  You've made the FIII sound great. 
How can I get mine to sound that good?  Oh yeah, years and years of faithful practice.  :crying:

Thanks for sharing that and providing such a great FIII sample.   
Scott

RS-2

Denis, what a great song. Yup, sounds like an FIII  :nice guitar:

Is it here yet?  My LS-03R arrived in Portland, OR, a half-hour ago and will be headed up Interstate 5 tonight and to its new Seattle home tomorrow.  Good thing I have tomorrow off so I can sit and wait for the FedEx truck.

Gonna be a long night...
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: prof_stack on April 16, 2009, 06:59:40 PM
Is it here yet?  My LS-03R arrived in Portland, OR, a half-hour ago and will be headed up Interstate 5 tonight and to its new Seattle home tomorrow.  Good thing I have tomorrow off so I can sit and wait for the FedEx truck.

Gonna be a long night...

Try and get some sleep, however, I know how hard that will be. :smile:

Ben, honey, you aren't supposed to slide up and down the strings, you are supposed to play the guitar. 

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: lyric_girl on April 16, 2009, 06:02:48 PM

Anyone know if they're 80/20s or PBs?  Yes, they're definitely coated EXPs, but the type of string makes a significant difference. 

They're PBs to my ear and touch, but I want to confirm.

Thanks..

Adam

QuotePosted by: Denis
Insert Quote
Well, they record well!

I put up a new tune called That Face:

myspace.com/denisturbide

I recorded it with my FIII...WOW, I love this guitar!  I'm so happy that I decided to join the Forum III club.  They should make these guitars all the time. 

I hope you like the tune.     

Nice tune Denis!!!    No doubt about it, that Forum III sings in your hands. 

No. 20 is in the house. Wow is all I can say.

Really nice silking and bear claw on the top. Clear and evenly balanced sound. To my ears, this is a fairly loud guitar.

Way to go Forum. :laughin:

Denis...I love the song.  Sounds great.  You are very talented.  Keep playing man!!

Great track Denis - the forum III sounds great on it!!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: satch on April 16, 2009, 09:45:54 PM
To my ears, this is a fairly loud guitar.

You're not alone.  My wife went back to the bedroom last night, not feeling well, while I played the F-III in the living room. When I went back there an hour later, she sleepily said "your new guitar is much louder than your old guitar." 

The old one is the bigger L-03R.  I'm assuming the increased treble and midrange translates into a more "focused" sound that may go through walls more efficiently.  I'm sure she's thrilled.  :)  I doubt it would be "louder" if you did a real test on it, but it may come off that way.

As far as the strings go, apparently no one can tell me whether they're 80/20s or PBs.  That's pretty funny.  You know you're an acoustic guitar afficianado when you know the year the wood was cut, the nut width, the bout dimensions and width, but don't know what strings are on that sucker.   :smile:

I've got a note into Larrivee to find out...

Adam

That's an excellent piece, Denis.  I wish I could do such justice to my FG III.
OM-03R 2008 Twelfth Fret SE 5/12
LSV-03R 2009 Forum III 55/78

"Apr 17, 2009 7:35 AM    On FedEx vehicle for delivery    KENT, WA"

Sitting by the computer looking out the window and no truck is showing up as I watch.  What's up with that?

Full story at 11...

Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: prof_stack on April 17, 2009, 11:35:51 AM

Sitting by the computer looking out the window and no truck is showing up as I watch.  What's up with that?

Full story at 11...

I know, it's friggen nerve wracking. I'm sure it will be there soon.

Quote from: prof_stack on April 17, 2009, 11:35:51 AM

Full story at 11...

I know I know.  The brown truck was supposed to be here yesterday with 23 Forum III guitars on it but no truck. I hope it shows up today. I am ready for them as I know 23 people are as well.
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

FYI:  Matthew replied that the strings are EXP16s.  Coated, phosphor bronze.

Thanks..

Adam