Forum III impressions and discussion

Started by Randy_R, March 25, 2009, 04:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man - another beauty!   :nana_guitar

Thanks for the pic!  I love looking at these new guitars. 

PFL...Congrats.  That looks like a great combination of tone between those two models.

Ben F   How long does it take a shipped guitar from Canada to you?  That is great news.
FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

Congrats Ben!  It's almost there!!
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: photomat on April 02, 2009, 04:36:19 PM
Ben F   How long does it take a shipped guitar from Canada to you?  That is great news.

Matt, Jim indicated 6-10 days to customs, and he will try to post it tomorrow.  Who knows how long UK customs will take with it - hopefully not long.  I had my fingers crossed it would be in next batch to Jim (next week), so it as a really nice surprise that I got the email today.  [edit - Speaking with other folk who have imported stuff, it might only be a day or two from customs to my door!]

PFL, yours looks fantastic.  The Italian Spruce looks great on every guitar I have seen so far.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

has anybody put on a pick guard yet?

I just tried put a clear one on mine.. and failed miserably.. gah :(

I guess I'll put a tortoise pick gaurd on mine..

My 77 is way too nice of a strummer for no pick guard..
Jeffrey

Quote from: BenF on April 02, 2009, 04:52:58 PM
Matt, Jim indicated 6-10 days to customs, and he will try to post it tomorrow.  Who knows how long UK customs will take with it - hopefully not long.  I had my fingers crossed it would be in next batch to Jim (next week), so it as a really nice surprise that I got the email today.

PFL, yours looks fantastic.  The Italian Spruce looks great on every guitar I have seen so far.

Thanks Ben.  The Italian spruce really looks great on every guitar I've seen. 
1971 Martin D-28
Larrivee LS-03 Forum III

Quote from: BenF on April 02, 2009, 04:52:58 PM
Matt, Jim indicated 6-10 days to customs, and he will try to post it tomorrow.  Who knows how long UK customs will take with it - hopefully not long.  I had my fingers crossed it would be in next batch to Jim (next week), so it as a really nice surprise that I got the email today.

I have a friend who lives in Tonga, and everytime something is sent to him, a bag of non melting candy is sent along for the postmaster to insure he gets his package within 3 months  (Really)

It will be a sweet treat for you to get yours sooner, I hope.
FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

Ben, I am SO thrilled to hear that yours is on the way. You are gonna love this guitar, trust me on that. Counting the time with you and crossing my fingers that it won't take too long with customs.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: BenF on April 02, 2009, 04:18:00 PM
woohoo, mine is on its way!!!!!!! :guitar :nana_guitar :nanadance :nana_guitar :donut :nana_guitar :nanadance :donut2 :donut :coffee

Hey Ben, mine's going out tomorrow, too!  From NY to the Boston area may take 3-4 days.  Whatever the case, it's almost here!  :cheers

Well, after a bit of an unscheduled wait, Forum III #52 has landed in its new home in East Vancouver, following an arduous five minute drive from the factory. Had a nice chat with John L. Jr, and Edwin kindly did a little truss rod adjustment on my OMV-09.

She's a bit of a looker, if I may say so myself. I can feel my girlfriend getting jealous already, and they haven't even met yet.

I'm very impressed with the sound - superb depth for the small body size, nice blend and sustain, and overall a mellower tone than the rosewood/spruce models which dominate my collection. I think this will be a great guitar for fingerpicking, it has a soft edge to the tone which will suit a lot of the music I play quite well.

Of course, these are preliminary impressions based on having spent all of half an hour with her.

I've attached some pictures taken in natural light, I think they turned out a little better than the indoor ones. The clear pickguard I asked Edwin to install is still visible; he says it will settle and become invisible over the next couple of days.

Oh, happy day.

Okay, back to playing...Cheers, Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hmmm...only one picture seems to have gone through, here's another attempt...

Okay, apparently, I don't know how to post more than one picture at a time....or is it maximum 200KB for all four pictures....that would explain it.

Mike
I'm so happy that you've finally got her home.   Absolutely beautiful.  When I saw the wood you were selecting I knew it was going to be very special.  Worth the wait I think, huh ?   This one is bound to be one of the nicest ones.   Now mine has a twin.  :bgrin:
Hope we can get them together sometime.   :beer

Quote from: tuffythepug on April 02, 2009, 07:46:12 PM
Mike
I'm so happy that you've finally got her home.   Absolutely beautiful.  When I saw the wood you were selecting I knew it was going to be very special.  Worth the wait I think, huh ?   This one is bound to be one of the nicest ones.   Now mine has a twin.  :bgrin:
Hope we can get them together sometime.   :beer

Thanks, Lynn - I definitely hope we can get together with them sometime soon!   :cheers

Mike,

The guitar is beautiful.  I'm so glad the rest of the guitars are starting to arrive.  Enjoy your new friend.  Keep posting your impressions as you spend more time with the guitar.  Hogs definitely RULE!!!!

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Quote from: es-335 on April 02, 2009, 04:55:46 PM

Ed put mine on at the factory.

Mike, I am SO happy for you. She truly is beautiful. Watch out Tuffy, I think she's a bit more of a looker than yours. Who knows, maybe she'll be guitar of the month next month unless Bella gets that title :roll
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: es-335 on April 02, 2009, 04:55:46 PM

I watched Edwin do it at the factory this afternoon and it does look a little bit tricky. However, he did say that they take a while to settle so you may not be in as bad shape as first appears. After he put mine on, he went over the whole thing very gently with his fingertips to get most of the air out. He also cautioned me against strumming too much until it settles - usually they get more than half an hour between being installed and the guitar being played.  :winkin:

I was surprised it was soooo thin - quite unlike the ones they put on the glossy guitars.

Mike