Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum III impressions and discussion  (Read 119012 times)
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2009, 09:57:13 PM »

Finally got my son to take a pict of me with the Forum III.  Puts a face to the name...

Jordan.

Wow!!!  That is lovely!!!  drool

Lucky you Jordan.  Mine hasn't even shipped yet...sigh.

I'm hoping to get an email from Denika this week.

lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2009, 11:35:23 PM »

Installing pick ups was not an option. However, it won't be hard to so, if you want to.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2009, 01:11:40 AM »

Jordan,

Good looking LS03MT. We're a lucky group to get these offered to us.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2009, 01:49:47 AM »

Did anyone get a pickup installed in their Forum III?

Not yet. I'm hoping to get either a K&K pwm or a Baggs iMix no-cut installed in mine.

But as for all the orders, installing a pick-up was not an available option.  Although there's no stopping you from asking Jim H to install one for you.

ricky

BTW - Good to finally put a face to the name Jordan "Jagadis" - looks like one happy FG III owner and  nice guitar
dragon1952

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2009, 01:57:06 AM »

Actually, my #76 Forum III is possibly coming with a pickup installed due to a mis-communication. I was just wondering what kind Larrivee would install at the factory, and wondering what anyone's thoughts would be about having one in a Forum III. I don't really need a pickup, and I kind of like to keep things "pure", if you know what I mean  I will be finding out tomorrow exactly what the deal is. Just a little apprehensive is all.

Taylor 310CE, Eastman E10D, Blueridge BR-160, Eastman T486
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2009, 02:03:50 AM »

Actually, my #76 Forum III is possibly coming with a pickup installed due to a mis-communication. I was just wondering what kind Larrivee would install at the factory, and wondering what anyone's thoughts would be about having one in a Forum III. I don't really need a pickup, and I kind of like to keep things "pure", if you know what I mean  I will be finding out tomorrow exactly what the deal is. Just a little apprehensive is all.

It's good that you got yourself a numbered one. Regardless, you'll be happy with the FG III.

I've had a few guitars, and my FG III always impresses people who hear it - even the ones who are not into guitars, notice a significant difference between my
FG III and my other gits.

ricky
Hogtop

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2009, 02:28:16 AM »

Really a nice mahogany top on that one Jordon.  Glad you were able to get in on this.  I sure was close to ordering a mahogany top F III.  I already have a hogtop parlor and a all hog Weissenborn, so I went with the IS top for my forum III.  I'm having Jim put a Baggs IMix (no-cut) in mine when he receives it.  I am under the impression that when most guitar manufacturers install a pickup, it is mounted on the side necessitating a hole cut into it and I sure didn't want that on this guitar. 

PO5 MT Larrivee Parlor (sold darn it)
Hog Weissenborn Lap Slide
Republic Reso-Relic Tricone
Stew-Mac A-Style Mandolin (Kit)
gtrplayer

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2009, 02:30:29 AM »

I wish someone would post some close-ups of a Forum III with cutaway.   Anybody?
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2009, 02:34:01 AM »

I wish someone would post some close-ups of a Forum III with cutaway.   Anybody?

I'll try to take pics of mine. I misplaced my digital camera, the pictures it produces I can post at will.  Taking pics with an iPhone, I've yet to figure out

how to reduce the pic size - so I can post 'em here.  That's why, I have not posted pics of my FG III - with a cutaway.

I wonder if anybody ordered an IS/hog with cutaway?

ricky
gtrplayer

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2009, 03:42:45 AM »

I'll try to take pics of mine. I misplaced my digital camera, the pictures it produces I can post at will.  Taking pics with an iPhone, I've yet to figure out

Thanks ricky.  If you can I would appreciate it.

That would be me and I can't wait to receive it.  Hence the request. Thanks pal.

gtrplayer
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2009, 03:49:14 AM »

how to reduce the pic size - so I can post 'em here.  That's why, I have not posted pics of my FG III - with a cutaway.

ricky
ricky, just register with WEBSHOTS it is free, then upload your pics to your account. Then you pic 600 size pics and copy and paste the URL in your post.
     I'll post a pic here to show you, click on the pic and it will take you to my Webshots account.

This is Jean Larrivee posing with an Italian spruce top at Yarnell Place.

danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
gtrplayer

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2009, 03:50:55 AM »

Awfully nice of you to assist danny.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2009, 03:55:31 AM »

Awfully nice of you to assist danny.
                 So you ordered a MH/IS with cut a way. Where do you live? I want to get together an A/B our gits ;-)    I really look forward to seeing pics of yours and hearing your impressions of it. I just made a bone saddle for mine today and have been enjoying some struming as well as finger style. I guess you know by now I like mine a lot.

danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2009, 05:05:07 AM »

thanks Danny!  I'll try webshots. That's so cool how I click on the picture and it brought me to that website (okay, it's cool for a non-techy like me).

i'll take pics of my cutaway FG III at daylight tomorrow, the Lord willing.

ricky
pfl

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: March 30, 2009, 02:04:24 PM »

Did anyone get a pickup installed in their Forum III?

Jim H is installing a no-cut iMix in mine but I don't have it yet.  Hopefully soon!

Jason

1971 Martin D-28
Larrivee LS-03 Forum III on the way :)
Alpione

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: March 30, 2009, 04:28:38 PM »

And PM me if you have issues with getting your pics up.  I'm happy to host and post them if you just email them to me.

Adam
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: March 30, 2009, 06:33:23 PM »

if you want you could use photobucket

it is super easy to use!

http://photobucket.com

Jeffrey

dragon1952

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: March 30, 2009, 09:32:28 PM »

Jim H is installing a no-cut iMix in mine but I don't have it yet.  Hopefully soon!

Jason

That's evidently what was installed in mine.

Taylor 310CE, Eastman E10D, Blueridge BR-160, Eastman T486
gtrplayer

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2009, 12:45:32 AM »

So you ordered a MH/IS with cut a way. Where do you live? I want to get together an A/B our gits ;-)    I really look forward to seeing pics of yours and hearing your impressions of it. I just made a bone saddle for mine today and have been enjoying some struming as well as finger style. I guess you know by now I like mine a lot.

Hey danny,

I'm from New Hampshire a long ways from the Lone Star state.  But when my Forum III comes in I'd be happy to compare with you.
After hearing the initial reports from you and the Vancouver visitors about these guitars I'm, as well as everybody else who ordered, salivating at the thought of receiving mine.  I'm addicted to the Larrivee 12 fret "sound" and the thought of ordering an affordable 12-fret with a cutaway was too much to pass up on.  I need the access and everyone says a cutaway doesn't impact sound and I'm hoping they're right.   BTW thanks for the photo assist.

gtrplayer
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2009, 01:05:13 AM »

Okay, took 2 daytime shots today of my LSV-03R. I'm following Danny's instructions and trying out webshots.com Hope this works.
Danny, thank you so much. I learned something new today. It's like magic. Wow!             
grtplayer - hope you enjoy the pics; though playing it is more enjoyable.

ricky

Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: