Forum III impressions and discussion

Started by Randy_R, March 25, 2009, 04:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: dragon1952 on March 27, 2009, 03:51:15 PM
You must be one of them thar inter-lectuals   :wacko:

Whatever it is, it worked on me. I just ordered one!  :bgrin:
Which style?

Quote from: limnephilidae on March 27, 2009, 04:36:15 PM
 . All that being said, I don't think anyone can be objective about the Forum III so I'm going to surf the emotional surge and salivate over my new guitar when it arrives, just like Dan.  :thumbsup

Seriously though, it was such a nice day I dusted off my brown-eyed girl riffs and belted out some chords in the park. Someone actually started to sing which was a terrific compliment since they actually recognized what I was playing. I can't wait for the Forum III to get her so I can Christen her with some summer music.

UPS checked hourly....

That's ok.   Objectivity is highly overrated and is frowned upon here.  :bgrin:

Hey Ben, ..      "Happy summer songs"?     I just logged a few happy minutes with Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville".    If you can manage 4 chords instead of 3 you can play it too  :bgrin:

the chords are D, A, G, and D7

Ahhhh.   Spring is in the air, the birds are singin', Blender is blendin', strummers are strummin' and the Forum III is sounding as sweet as can be.  Life is good.

T

Just don't "blow out a flip flop", cause then you'll have to "cruise on back home."

Quote from: dependan on March 27, 2009, 05:03:57 PM
 Which style?

I'm getting the IS/MH. I thought about the IS/RW, but I wanted to be as different as my L-03R as possible this time.  :smile:
Taylor 310CE, Eastman E10D, Blueridge BR-160, Eastman T486

Quote from: dragon1952 on March 27, 2009, 05:25:00 PM
I'm getting the IS/MH. I thought about the IS/RW, but I wanted to be as different as my L-03R as possible this time.  :smile:
Well, at the risk of being  :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll a bit enthusiastic.
                                               GREAT CHOICE  :nana_guitar

danny

Quote from: dragon1952 on March 27, 2009, 03:51:15 PM

Whatever it is, it worked on me. I just ordered one!  :bgrin:

Congratulations dragon.  :cheers
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

:thumbsup congratulations!!!!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Oh yea, congratulations.

Wow! I'm really touched  :crying: Thank you all, very much!  :smile:  :crying:
Taylor 310CE, Eastman E10D, Blueridge BR-160, Eastman T486

Quote from: es-335 on March 27, 2009, 02:59:40 PM
Thanks Danny and others: Norman, Ricky, Tuffy, Lynda, Jim and so many others forum members... who made this happen!!

No problem. This git seems to be a fix for pure joy. Enjoy yours ... but only after you post some pictures for us to share!

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: limnephilidae on March 27, 2009, 05:02:17 PM
I bet Sweet Jane would sound great on the FIII and it's a pretty easy pace. It's a terrible shame that my dog could sing it better than I could.

"Oh, all the poets they studied rules of verse
And the ladies, they rolled their eyes"

One of my favourites to sing and play too. It took awhile to do both at the same time and get the timing of the vocals right - of course Lou sort of scats it anyway most of the time. So, do you simplify it leaving out the Bm like the Cowboy Junkies? And do you do the "heavenly wine and roses" bit?

Just found out my FIII will be ready on Tuesday. Went to the factory today and made sure they built it left-handed this time.   :thumbsup

The top on it is just stunning. I'll post pics after I pick it up.

Mike

Quote from: Vancouver Southpaw on March 27, 2009, 07:13:52 PM

One of my favourites to sing and play too. It took awhile to do both at the same time and get the timing of the vocals right - of course Lou sort of scats it anyway most of the time. So, do you simplify it leaving out the Bm like the Cowboy Junkies? And do you do the "heavenly wine and roses" bit?

Just found out my FIII will be ready on Tuesday. Went to the factory today and made sure they built it left-handed this time.   :thumbsup

The top on it is just stunning. I'll post pics after I pick it up.

Mike

Mike
when I saw the wood you selected I knew it was going to be special.    I guess that might make up for the disappointment of having to wait a few extra weeks.   :thumb

Mike,

I am SO happy to hear that yours is almost ready. Looking forward to pics.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

After seeing the pics of Jordan's guitar, I emailed Jim and asked him to leave the tort pickguard off. 

Just couldn't see a reason to block any part of that hog top.  I guess not being one of the first does have it's advantages!  :thumb

This whole thing in retrospect has been a gas.  Man, does time fly.

Mike

That is GREAT news.  I can hardly wait to see it.

Boy, won't this be a long weekend?
FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

Quote from: BlastersFan55 on March 27, 2009, 07:34:40 PM
After seeing the pics of Jordan's guitar, I emailed Jim and asked him to leave the tort pickguard off. 

Just couldn't see a reason to block any part of that hog top.  I guess not being one of the first does have it's advantages!  :thumb

There was also a clear pick guard included in the guitar case.  After finally seeing the incredible wood on my new guitar, there is no way I will install the tortoise pick guard.  I may stick down the clear one sometime down the road but for now...I'm just enjoying looking at the guitar without it.  One of the most stunning features of these guitars are the tops.  I wouldn't want to cover that up.

Another interesting feature that people aren't discussing is the raw ebony fret boards.  My fretboard has lots of streaks in it that gives it a very wild and vintage look.  Goes well with the all hog theme of the guitar.

I got home from work today and opened up the case for a quick look before heading out for dinner.  Blew me away again even though I knew what was there.  Incredible.

I'm really looking forward to all the other reactions as guitars start showing up next week at people's homes...

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Joseph, will you buy it for me? My birthday is coming up in Aug.. I'm sure Jim will let you make payments! I'm with Danny: can't wait for my IS/HOG to be in my grip. Grasp. Whatever. In it's home. Final resting place with me. Might have it buried with me (my wife would love that).
I really think the 12 frets to the neck is a major sound factor here. Dave Wren emphasized this with me on the phone, also the I/S. Seemed like he couldn't believe Jean was letting it go for the F-III's. No disrespect meant for all HOG, but I just can't wait for mine. Sold mt Epi AJ-500M today (reluctantly) for F-III $, so I can deal with it.
Joseph, maybe you all could pitch in & surprise me with an all HOG? Maybe with a decoder ring thrown in! :humour:
Has to be humour 'cuase I know it's just a dream. That's my life,"Living in a Dream"!
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true

Quote from: photomat on March 27, 2009, 07:54:24 PM
Mike

That is GREAT news.  I can hardly wait to see it.

Boy, won't this be a long weekend?

No kidding. Must...stay...busy.

And resolve the question: to pickguard or not. It will be clear or nothing, that much is for sure.

Mike

Mike - That is great news for you, but rather depressing for those of us who had our hands on our finished and cased guitars while you were still picking out wood, and we're still waiting for ours to get delivered !!!

Jim! We need an update!!

:angry:  Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Quote from: BlastersFan55 on March 27, 2009, 07:34:40 PM

I hear ya

I hope my all hog has that quality wood... just breath taking, I am SOOOO jealous (until I get mine)

david
Larrivee Forum-III all hog