Forum III impressions and discussion

Started by Randy_R, March 25, 2009, 04:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Jagadis on March 26, 2009, 01:14:07 PM
It has Arrived!!!!
...But I'm still at work.  Stay tuned.  I'll post picts and first impressions in a few hours...

Jordan

:thumbsup :thumbsup  :+1::thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup :+1: :+1: :+1: :thumbsup :+1: :thumbsup :thumbsup :+1:
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: Jagadis on March 26, 2009, 01:14:07 PM
It has Arrived!!!!
...But I'm still at work.  Stay tuned.  I'll post picts and first impressions in a few hours...

Jordan
So how long before you get home?
Have you got the camera ready?
Don't forget extra batteries!
                                          And let's see what else... oh yea. HAVE A BLAST 
                                    :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :thumbsup

danny

YES !

Things are going to get pretty exciting real soon.   In some ways it seem like the factory tour last week and some of us getting our hands on the Forum IIIs a little early was just a preface to the big story that's about to be written.    I hope you all love your Forum III as much as I love mine.

I have a feeling we are going to be seeing a lot of pictures and reading a lot of stories soon.

I would have left hours ago but my boss the VP wanted to chat.  Always happens when you want to skip out early.  I will be home at 6 pm EST and will post picts shortly thereafter....

Almost at the finish line.

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Quote from: Jagadis on March 26, 2009, 03:29:57 PM
I would have left hours ago but my boss the VP wanted to chat.  Always happens when you want to skip out early.  I will be home at 6 pm EST and will post picts shortly thereafter....

Almost at the finish line.

Jordan.

You should have told him you had more important matters to attend to!  :bgrin:

Looking forward to the report!

The great and fun excitement above triggered a question in my mind. Do "satin" finished guitars require a careful warm-up period after being shipped as do gloss finished guitars?
Thx,
Al

Mine was fine 10 days ago and as ricky says it was gettin the snot played out of it by several people.
danny

Quote from: ARK on March 26, 2009, 03:50:44 PM
The great and fun excitement above triggered a question in my mind. Do "satin" finished guitars require a careful warm-up period after being shipped as do gloss finished guitars?
Thx,
Al
YES!  It is more than the finish that can be effected. Thing about that cold glass of ice water on a hot humid day. All the condinsation forming on the out side of the glass. The same thing can happen with your cold guitar. On the finish and inside the sound box. The thermal shock can also cause some very fast damage to the woods as well as the finish. Let it warm up before you open it. Best way to to this is 1) open the box only when it does not feel cold to your hand. STOP! do not open the case until it does not feel cold. When you open the guitar touch the top. If it is cold close the case back up and wait. I know it is hard but why risk damage for a short time more of waiting.
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Mine FIII on the way:

"Your guitar left our Vancouver factory yesterday. Please use the tracking number below to track your guitar at www.ups.com"

It left Thursday so I'll probably get Monday or Tuesday next week since thee are no customs to bother with.

Cheers,

Adam
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Congratulations Jordan and Adam.

Since mine ended up getting checked on the plane, the case was cold when I got it home. I let the case warm up and then carefully opened it up and it was fine.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

I AM SPEECHLESS.....

Give me 20 min or so to upload some picts.  Its beyond my imagination.  Its a work of art.  I am in awe.  Holy CRAP!

Jordan.

We were hoping you could be a little more enthusiastic.  :roll

Waiting for pics.

Norman
Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}

Quote from: Jagadis on March 26, 2009, 05:36:47 PM
I AM SPEECHLESS.....

Give me 20 min or so to upload some picts.  Its beyond my imagination.  Its a work of art.  I am in awe.  Holy CRAP!

Jordan.

Another satisfied customer.   :bgrin:     That's just the reaction I was expecting.  pretty nice, huh Jordan ?

Jordan, I knew you were gonna react that way. Welcome to the club.

Here are the first four pictures.....I AM SPEECHLESS...

Jordan.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Second four pictures...

Jordan.

[attachment deleted by admin]

She's gorgeous Jordan. Kind of reminds me of Tuffy's  :roll

:nice guitar:That is really nice.  I love that herringbone against the mahogany. How does it sound?

Folks,

I'm at a bit of a loss for words.  I will write something a bit more detailed when my feet are back on the floor and I'm thinking straight.  For now...I just wanted to say thank you to Jim Holler, Ricky, Randy, Danny, Tuffy, Photomat, Lynda....and all those who I haven't thanked for this incredible treasure. 

Special, special thanks to John Larrivee and the entire team in Vancouver.  I really don't know how to thank you enough...

Humbly,

Jordan.

P.S.  The guitar is crazy loud for such a small guitar.  Tone is awesome.  The whole thing just vibrates when you play.

Quote from: Jagadis on March 26, 2009, 06:17:02 PM
Folks,

I'm at a bit of a loss for words.  I will write something a bit more detailed when my feet are back on the floor and I'm thinking straight.  For now...I just wanted to say thank you to Jim Holler, Ricky, Randy, Danny, Tuffy, Photomat, Lynda....and all those who I haven't thanked for this incredible treasure. 

Special, special thanks to John Larrivee and the entire team in Vancouver.  I really don't know how to thank you enough...

Humbly,

Jordan.

Jordan   GREAT   I gotta tell you for me this kind of joy is what its all about. Enjoy. Now when do i get mine.?
Jim Holler

P.S.  The guitar is crazy loud for such a small guitar.  Tone is awesome.  The whole thing just vibrates when you play.
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com