OM03R custom tuner buttons

Started by asp, March 04, 2009, 02:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi again to everybody.
It takes obviously time (at least one hour per button) to shape them by hand. I make them at home one by one from a little piece of olivewood. The problem with the hole is the semisquare shape you have to give it in order to fit the gotoh 510 attach even if the screw will do a lot to fix the button and don't let it slip. They are handmade, look quite similar one to the other due to the patient gritpaper work. One cool thing about the handmade touch is that every set is different  :winkin:, so it adds a lot of style to the thing. Or so I think.
I'm not a shop or things like that. I shape them because I like to do it. With patience. I'm shaping some more.  :cheers 

Please take & post a few pics! Love to know the technique your using to shape the hole in the button -

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

:winkin:... so you want the secret recipe... ...  .... :laughin: I'll see what I can do. :beer

About how much would a set be for Larrivee Schallers that come on my OM-05? Also, the Forum III guitar Pings. Do you do them just for Gotoh's right now & if so, do you have something to copy a set each for me for the above mentioned tuners? I know some of the rules prohibit pricing talk, but you can PM me or email me with the info. They're beautiful. And the Mojo Randy mentioned with an aged vintage look. Has them both. Please get back to me.
Jeff   :guitar
'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true