Poll
Question: Which brand is best?  (Voting closed: February 24, 2009, 07:27:00 PM)
Gotoh - 9 (42.9%)
Grover - 3 (14.3%)
Schaller - 1 (4.8%)
waverly - 8 (38.1%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I want the best  (Read 2019 times)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 01:59:11 AM »

I think you got 5 or 6 votes in for Gotoh's before you added the Waverly's as an option. Don't get me wrong the Gotoh's are great tuners but I think Waverly would have won the "best" category had they been there from the start.

I agree

I think he knows that Waverlys are best, but the Gotohs are good tuners. Not only did his options change mid-way through the poll, his prioriites changed as well. But that's OK. What he really wanted was a solution.
                        I agree

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
amoore

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 07:28:50 PM »

yes options and "priorities" did change due to my lack of knowledge  on the subject but hey, that's what the thread was all about......to gain knowledge! You've all given me enough info to make a wise and informed decision.......that's exactly what i needed. I have no doubt that Waverly's would have won the poll and are (from what I've read) the best. Gotoh's may not be "the Best" but, they are "the best" option for me. thank you all for the input.           
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 10:50:40 PM »

Mission accomplished   

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
pakhan

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 10:57:37 AM »

"Waverlys = best"

Actually the best tuenrs are Rodgers tuners. They are simply the smoothest tuners which keep the tension. Of all of the tuners I have used, Rodgers are the best. Howeverm I don't care much for posh tuners. AS long they don't slip and hold pitch I don't really care much, so I use open grovers most of the time.

Terence
www.guitarbench.com
rpg51

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2009, 08:39:08 PM »

I don't know if it relates to the tuners or to the way they are installed - but I have had mixed results with Waverlys.  One set was a bit too stiff for my taste, even a little sticky or balkiy.   The other set I have now is gorgeous.  I have also used an open back Gotoh tuner that I rarely see that has the "rock solid" technology like the 510s have.  That set is gorgeous as well.  Grover open backs I have used as well but they frankly did not compare well.  Decent for sure, especially when new. 

Rob

Bourgeois JOM Cedar
Bourgeois Vintage OM
Bourgeois Vintage D
Gibson A4 Mandolin (1916)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: