GOTM 2009

Started by Danny, February 17, 2009, 08:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Randy_R on February 23, 2009, 04:24:23 PM
Alright. Here's what I think we should  do.

1. Members can nominate pictures already in the pictures section.

2. A member can only nominate 1 picture per month.

3. If a member nominated a winning picture for the previous month, he/she must wait another month before submitting further nominations.

4. If a members picture has been GOTM it can not be GOTM again

5. If a member has had a GOTM in the last 6 months, another picture from that member can't be nominated again.

6. Nominations must be of Larrivee made instruments (guitars, mandos, etc)

7. nominations will be in a sticky thread in the Pictures section started by one of the mods each month. By the 20th of the month the mods will pick the top 4 (in their opinion) pictures and a Vote thread will be started (each month) so that members can pick the next GOTM from those 4 nominations. Zach will be asked to make that picture the following month's GOTM.

8. Nominations will be closed each month by a mod after 8 nominations have been received.

discussion?

Great idea Randy.  I would much rather have members decide who makes it than me picking.  I got off to a bad start with GOTM this year, but I can promise to get the winning pictures up.

I made the recent picture Jan/Feb since it was put up so late in January.  Instead of cutting it short I decided to leave it up longer.  Are we starting the new process for March GOTM, or should I pick one this last time?

Zach

Why not surprise us.

3. If a member nominated a winning picture for the previous month, he/she must wait another month before submitting further nominations.

5. If a member has had a GOTM in the last 6 months, another picture from that member can't be nominated again.

7. nominations will be in a sticky thread in the Pictures section started by one of the mods each month. By the 20th of the month the mods will pick the top 4 (in their opinion) pictures and a Vote thread will be started (each month) so that members can pick the next GOTM from those 4 nominations. Zach will be asked to make that picture the following month's GOTM.

8. Nominations will be closed each month by a mod after 8 nominations have been received.

discussion?

By the way - this is a lot of work for the mods.  I certainly don't want that if they don't.  I have no problem picking one myself if it's the easiest way - although I know it's certainly been the least reliable....  :wacko:

Zach

I'm no mod , but I'll help if I can and I know some others that would. As far as posting or checking data or anything that helps. Lot's of folks here would like to help. (sometimes too many :winkin:) ie. me.

Let Danny take care of it, he's got the time.  :roll
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

I am an Air conditioning Contractor in Texas and tomorrow it will be 80 degrees. Then we have a cooling season that usually lasts until next Thanksgiving. Time is getting tighter by the day for me.
       But I can help do something, and so can Roger and Ponte and many others if need be. I know Ben would etc.

Quote from: dependan on February 23, 2009, 08:22:17 PM
   I am an Air conditioning Contractor in Texas and tomorrow it will be 80 degrees. Then we have a cooling season that usually lasts until next Thanksgiving. Time is getting tighter by the day for me.
       But I can help do something, and so can Roger and Ponte and many others if need be. I know Ben would etc.

I knew I should have kept my mouth shut.   :arrow
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Zach on February 23, 2009, 07:21:57 PM
By the way - this is a lot of work for the mods.  I certainly don't want that if they don't.  I have no problem picking one myself if it's the easiest way - although I know it's certainly been the least reliable....  :wacko:

I'll try to keep it running so its low impact on the other mods. It shouldn't be much work once we get a routine going.

Lets leave the current GOTM in place and use this process to choose one for March.

I start a thread now in the pictures section where people can nominate a picture.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Here's the thread to cast Your nomination for March GOTM.

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=25766.0
Randy R., Georgia, USA

discussion?

This looks like a Government project to me.  You work for the Government Randy?   :laughin:

Quote from: Steve on February 24, 2009, 01:33:48 AM
This looks like a Government project to me.  You work for the Government Randy?   :laughin:

Yes. I'm an inspector for BGS (Bureau of Guitar Inspections)

Any more nominations for March, get in your dibs now....

Randy R., Georgia, USA