Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baritone Strings BT-60  (Read 641 times)
jwb

Ignore
« on: February 25, 2009, 01:14:29 AM »

Queequeg are you out there?  What strings has everyone been using on their BT-60 Larrivee Baritones?  I have a SCGC Bob Brozman Baritone arriving shortly with California Sycamore back and sides and a German Spruce top, and it comes setup with 17 -24 -32- 45- 52 -59 and tuned C to C.  The second string is not plain steel, but wound!  If I were to put together these strings I would have to take apart 4 sets of D'addarios to make one set for the Baritone.  I can get this set from Santa Cruz, but they will set me back 30 bucks or so.  I know there are Baritone sets out there but the bass string is a 70!  The 27" scale on my new BBB is the same as the BT-60, and I know I could use a simple heavy set and get away with it.  This scale is not a true Baritone, which is usually 28" or longer.  Any thoughts on strings you have used successfully for standard tunings B to B or C# to C#.  These guitars are very specialized and I thought that someone who has spent some quality time with one may have a pet set of strings they have gravitated to.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Pics will be posted when I finally take delivery. 
Cheers

Justin

OM-03 MT Custom (Cree Studios "Fish Guitar")
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 02:19:55 AM »

I am a very jealous boy - you better get some pics up, buddy!

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 03:18:04 AM »

present and accounted for, Sir!
D'addario EXP23 .016-.070
Congratulations on your SCGC baritone. Very excellent guitar! You're going to love it. (I do love my BT-60.)
I tune BEADF#B for standard tuning but I do tune down from here for a number of altered tunings.
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 09:14:39 AM »

I know you haven't received it yet, but this sounds like a majorly sweet guitar.  I've never played a Baritone, but it really appeals to me.  I'd love to try one.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
jwb

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 04:24:21 PM »

present and accounted for, Sir!
D'addario EXP23 .016-.070
Congratulations on your SCGC baritone. Very excellent guitar! You're going to love it. (I do love my BT-60.)
I tune BEADF#B for standard tuning but I do tune down from here for a number of altered tunings.

So you use "the big boys" of the D'addario lineup.  I will have to give those a try once the factory set runs out.  I didn't want to have to order a custom set of strings from SCGC every time I change strings, but I wanted to make sure others have used the bari strings on a 27" scale.  I remembered how much you loved your BT-60.  The specs of the BT-60 are identical to the BBB.  When I get the new addition I will surely post some pics.  Thanks for the info.

OM-03 MT Custom (Cree Studios "Fish Guitar")
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: