Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medium or Lights for D-10  (Read 720 times)
WL_90

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2009, 05:06:17 AM »

Hi I'm new to the forum. I recently I purchased a D-10E. I've seen on the Larrivee site in the specs. that it is set up for light strings. However, I've been to other sites that have said that the D-10 could handle medium. I'm wondering if there are any other D-10 owners out there and if any of you have used mediums on them? I'd like to get away in using mediums if I can. Thanks
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 06:00:45 AM »

I have an L , OM and a Parlor and they all have mediums on. Your D would be no different, it will most likely need a tweak of the truss rod.  All three of mine required a little under a quarter turn, I found that interesting.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 01:42:38 PM »

I use mediums on my Larrivee dreads.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Michael T
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 04:08:56 PM »

welcome, glad you're here, good folks around here and a lot of fun too! A quick question before my comment, Where are the doughnuts? It clearly states in the rules the masses request carbs and sugar 'round here.  whistling

Yeah your dread will love mediums, try 'em for a while & if you like the change you may need a truss tweak (may not too), another thing to check going up in size is the nut slot for the wider strings, but don't mess with that until you are sure you want to stay with mediums.

08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

gluve1

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 05:05:21 PM »

More metal more tone. Go mediums welcome
WL_90

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 11:59:10 PM »

Where are the doughnuts? It clearly states in the rules the masses request carbs and sugar 'round here. 

Michael, didn't you see the crispy creme's I laid out on the table??? I guess someone got them first...Thanks all of your for your input. I've owned several Larrivee's in the past and have felt they are like a warm blanket the way the sound makes me feel. I had to sell them all to pay off bills, so it's nice to own one again after a 4 years without. I got a sweet deal on the D-10 and couldn't pass it up. Oh, and I agree with you gluve1, more metal tone and I'm using it more for strumming than picking so I think I'm gonna try out mediums and tweek things out as we go along.
Michael T
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 12:38:08 AM »

Michael, didn't you see the crispy creme's I laid out on the table??? I guess someone got them first...Thanks all of your for your input. I've owned several Larrivee's in the past and have felt they are like a warm blanket the way the sound makes me feel. I had to sell them all to pay off bills, so it's nice to own one again after a 4 years without. I got a sweet deal on the D-10 and couldn't pass it up. Oh, and I agree with you gluve1, more metal tone and I'm using it more for strumming than picking so I think I'm gonna try out mediums and tweek things out as we go along.

Krispy Kremes  drool I'da smelled 'em  You might look into some round core mediums too (13's), Newtone has a good line of them & Dean Markey is just bringing some out too. Then there are my personal choice, DR Sunbeams. Little less tension but huge sound. Just a thought.

08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

tremolo

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 07:23:13 AM »

... Then there are my personal choice, DR Sunbeams. Little less tension but huge sound. Just a thought.

+1 to DR Sunbeams on dreads.  Mediums feel like lights.
WL_90

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 11:48:10 PM »

Again, thanks to everyone for their input, I'm going with the Sunbeams...I've heard on other posts how they sustain longer than most other brands as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: