Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friends of Buster...  (Read 323 times)
Larry Pattis

Ignore
« on: February 07, 2009, 09:18:34 PM »

Following the recent passing of Buster B. Jones, there will be a memorial service open to the public here in Eugene, OR on Thursday, February 19th, 6 PM at the Vet's Club, 1626 Willamette St.

There is a general call for stories and anecdotes from people in our guitar-community that knew Buster.  These will be gathered in an album, and also posted on the web in a blog of some sort.

Anyone wishing to contribute a story about Buster can send it to Paul Biondi, local musician and good friend to Buster.

paulbiondi at yahoo dot com

I suspect Paul is looking for hard-copy, possibly printed on a letterhead from the contributors, if at all possible...but ultimately any stories will be welcomed...as well as attendance at the memorial service.

There will be live music honoring the memory of Buster.  If you are a musician-friend of Buster's and are planning to attend the Memorial, please contact Paul as per above.

www.LarryPattis.com
Pandora
Spotify
Steel-string guitars Larrivée
Classical guitars Anders Sterner
Denis
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 10:35:43 PM »

I heard he passed on this week and was blown away!!!  I bought one of his DVDs( this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pfN3FL5mvM) a while back and was just amazed at his technique.  Speed and accuracy...he just burned up the fingerboard.  Truly a huge loss in the guitar world.  Buster was a monster! 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: