Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Effect of a cutaway on Larrivee guitars  (Read 2952 times)
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2009, 03:16:38 PM »

Tony, of course you can find a great deal on a used guitar but the prices you were quoted are very reasonable (not supposed to list prices of new guitars on the forum per rules) for new. Did she get a chance to try the OM body style?

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
TonyC

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2009, 06:03:17 PM »

Oops.  Sorry about listing those new prices.  I'll be sure not to do so again.  Thanks for letting me know.

TonyC
TonyC

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2009, 06:10:30 PM »

P.S. My daughter did try the OM.  In fact, the first thing that one of the salesmen said when he saw her with the LV-05 was that she might like to try the OM.  He thought it would be more comfortable size-wise (my daughter is about 5'3" and just the other side of 100 pounds).  She tried the OM and she liked it, but she didn't like the sound nearly as much (she thought it nice and distinct, but without the robust resonance of the L).  Moreover, though I too thought the OM looked more proportionate to her body, she insisted that the L was perfectly comfortable.  The L shape is a much nicer shape than the old guitar she has been playing, so I suspect it felt great by comparison.  If she liked the sound of OM as much, I'd probably try to nudge her in that direction.  But she clearly liked the L-sound better.  Of course, I suspect that the aesthetics of the LV-05 also play some factor here.  It's a very pretty guitar.  So I think she loved the sound and also just really liked the look and feel of it.

TonyC
TonyC

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2009, 06:16:47 PM »

Ha!  I read the rules and I see that I didn't put in my donuts.  I owe three + interest.

TonyC

wacko   rolleye
TonyC

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2009, 06:33:06 PM »

Thanks for the tip on the e-Bay LV-05E, Dave.  I couldn't reply directly to your message since I don't have 10 posts yet.

There has been a ton of LV-05E guitars on eBay lately.  I passed on a great deal the other day (losing out at considerably less than 4 digits for the price on a new one - it was from a closed music shop in Louisiana and I had visions of it floating around with other inventory in Katrina), and I have a bid in on one that ends on Wednesday.  There's a nice one that ends earlier than this, but the Wednesday one has the tortoise pick guard (my daughter fancies that pick guard as opposed to the clear one).  Hopefully I'll snag this one (up for bid by a member of this forum).  If not, I'm guessing there are others coming down the road because a fair number of mint LV-05s have gone unsold on eBay in the last couple of weeks.  I was keeping track of them before we decided for sure on this model.

Tony 

P.S. I stuck in lots of donuts here because I realized that the little icons I kept pasting in weren't donuts.  I didn't notice the literal donuts, so I thought all those little hooligans were donuts.
ncognito
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2009, 06:56:40 PM »

Tony--

From what I've read, switching pick guards isn't all that difficult.  Search the forum with words like, pickguard removal, or replacement.  I have a new, never used tortoise pick guard that came with my LSV11 that you can have if you like.

DAVE

-Larrivee LSV11e (sadly sold))
-Lowden S10c
-Taylor 455ce L7
-Guild D40 (donated to science due to terminal      Onthevergeofimplosionitis)
-Brian Fry Custim 000 in the works
TonyC

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »

Thanks Dave.  That's a good thing to know.  I figured that this might be a major operation.  If not, that gives me more flexibility.  The tortoise pick guard isn't essential to my daughter.  She just likes the look (I'd prefer the clear, myself).  I'll look things up in the forum and see what I can find on this.  I appreciate the offer.

Tony

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2009, 09:10:28 PM »

Tony--

From what I've read, switching pick guards isn't all that difficult.  Search the forum with words like, pickguard removal, or replacement.  I have a new, never used tortoise pick guard that came with my LSV11 that you can have if you like.

DAVE

Tony, Dave is right , it's not too difficult and some here can help you thru the process. Glad to see you finding what your daughter likes.      Danny

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
TonyC

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2009, 11:56:30 PM »

Actually, there's a great how-to with photos on this forum.  It look a lot easier than I would have imagined.  It's very helpful for folks to take the time and trouble to post such infos/photos.  I see now that the pick guard isn't a great big issue.  Thanks.

Tony   
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: