Tour of Larrivee Vancouver >>> IS March 16, 2009 <<<

Started by Randy_R, February 04, 2009, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 18, 2009, 04:24:08 PM
leftynyc
you might want to contact Jim Holler.  I'm almost positive that there was an extra lefty made by mistake.  Rosewood I believe.   I briefly considered taking it myself along with my all hog. Anyhow you might be able to work out a deal with him that would involve a trade-in or something.  Worth a shot.

Lynne and lefty, there is another LH Forum 3 in IS/RW with herringbone available.  Its one of the two that I got to choose between.  It has a beautiful IS top, and very nice rosewood sides and back.  The serial number is 108542, I believe.  Give Jim a call, it was number 68 in the build process.  I got to choose #68A.  Get it, you will not be disappointed in any way, shape or form.
1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty
Form 3 #52  LS03 all mahogany lefty
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string

John
Yeah, that's what I thought.  In fact I believe that one had one of the nicest tops of the bunch didn't it ?   I wouldn't have had any trouble at all taking that one home if finances had permitted.   Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with the ol hogtop.   :whistling:
Have you talked yourself into a 2nd one yet ?

Quote from: photomat on March 18, 2009, 09:23:38 PM
My wife was looking at the photo of me playing my new guitar right after it was ready, and she said, my that is so much smaller than your others.  Then she looked at Lynda's and Ricky's and asked if they ordered one in a different size.  I said they were one size fits all, but we are all different sizes.

Especially for people of smaller stature, I believe the perfect size is the OM and LS.  These would be the equivalent of Taylor GC - grand concert, right?

No more jumbos, dreads, grand symphonys or grand auditoriums for me - although I may very well keep my GS - but then again, would gladly part with

it to obtain at least another one of these FG3 with hog/IS... and in my dreams maybe a third all hog.

I appreciate the pictures Matt - I pm-ed you.  Great shots!  I hope to catch some of the jamming sessions already being planned in the Seattle-Vancouver area.

ricky

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 19, 2009, 01:23:41 AM
Have you talked yourself into a 2nd one yet ?

Lynn, I was talking to Lynda this afternoon (early evening for her) a little bit. Talked to our jamming host - Mike too.  As far as guitars go, I believe we've got the best (okay, one of the best).

But that comment is coming from out-of-the-closet Taylor fanatics.   Still admire them Taylors and respect Bob Taylor & his company lots, but my nod goes to Larrivee 03s.

If the used market only favor the sellers instead of the current "buyers market" - I'd have sold my Taylor GS and get me 2 more FG3s, seriously.

BTW, I wish I would have invited myself to join you and Lynda on Tuesday morning. You strike me as a kindred spirit.

As for 3-16-2009, too many nice guitars, intoxicating factory tour experience - how can anyone not have multiple GAS attacks?

I still smell the factory in the sound hole of my FG3.

The emotional high and happy hormone rush was probably a Mt. Everest peak experience!  It's as good as life gets on this planet.

There was just too much to drink in.  I wish I gazed and admired Lynda's git, yours, BenF's, Norman's (Geenorm) - if money was not an issue, I'd have taken home Mike's (Vancouver Southpaw's) righty all-hog - knowing that it will have a lefty twin makes that righty special.

I wish I had time to get to interact more with ST, Johnny37, dermot, photomat, DaveG, Mike Killick, the factory workers, John Jr., Jim H.

For me, I am thankful for these amazing guitars (FG3s).  I want to tell the factory workers and the Larrivee family that what they do everyday making these very fine musical intruments (the best kept secret in the business - as you said) - is impacting many lives and making this world a better place.

The icing on the cake for me - about this Larrivee Forum, the Tour, the FG3s is:  meeting and becoming friends with folks like you, Danny, Lynda, Mike (V-southpaw), Tad and the spouses.  I really look forward to meet in person Mrs. Tuffy someday soon.

ricky

y'all make me too hard to wait for my #77!!

I really wish I could've been there with you guys in Vancity.. :)

Jeffrey

Sounds like there are some new hogtops out there to match the perfection of the F1 hogtops!  If they sound as special as the F1 HTs then,  :bowdown:

Some very lucky lefty out there is going to wind up with that IS/RW 'mistake".   It is very similar to what happened in the 1st forum guitar run.  Only 16 were supposed to be made but they mistakely made a lefty hogtop (1 of only 2), so it became a 17 guitar run and she eventually made it into my hands after bhika had a momentary laps of insanity and sold her to me...btw...it think I beat tuffythepug on that purchase by about 5 minutes so I'm real happy he's got his hogtop F3.
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: bluesman67 on March 19, 2009, 07:29:00 AM
Sounds like there are some new hogtops out there to match the perfection of the F1 hogtops!  If they sound as special as the F1 HTs then,  :bowdown:

Some very lucky lefty out there is going to wind up with that IS/RW 'mistake".   It is very similar to what happened in the 1st forum guitar run.  Only 16 were supposed to be made but they mistakely made a lefty hogtop (1 of only 2), so it became a 17 guitar run and she eventually made it into my hands after bhika had a momentary laps of insanity and sold her to me...btw...it think I beat tuffythepug on that purchase by about 5 minutes so I'm real happy he's got his hogtop F3.

I MUST RESIST,  RESISTANCE IS FUTILE,  I MUST RESIST,  RESISTANCE IS FUTILE..........
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

Quote from: bhika on March 19, 2009, 08:36:22 AM

I MUST RESIST,  RESISTANCE IS FUTILE,  I MUST RESIST,  RESISTANCE IS FUTILE..........
:laughin:
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: bhika on March 19, 2009, 08:36:22 AM

Jeff
At the risk of throwing rocket fuel on a blazing inferno.................

Dude,  you need this guitar.   Your life will not be complete without it.   If you don't get it you will regret it.   Maybe not today,,,,, maybe not tomorrow,,,,, but soon, and for the rest of your life.
After all,   the problems of a man and his guitar don't amount to a hill of beans..  uh.. hmmm..  sorry. I got lost in the moment. 
Call Jim Holler right now.  Let me just tantalize you with an image.   
Picture you, me, Joseph, Johnny37, and Vancouver Southpaw (Mike) sitting together playing our 5 lefty fourm III LS-03s together at a jam.       See below..  insert yourself and Joseph.    got the picture ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quite seriously, resistance is futile! :roll
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: bluesman67 on March 19, 2009, 07:29:00 AM

Joseph
I guess I can finally stop bugging you about selling your forum I hogtop now.   Everything works out for the best in the end.  sure wish you could have been in V'couver for the tour and jam.   that would have been icing on the cake.

If I picked up this forum guitar I would need to get my Forum I back from Joseph so I could own both of the OOPS lefty forum guitars.

What do you think Joseph, you said you wanted to unload one of your hogtops.   :thumb
jeff

Although I had what I thought were a lot of good reasons for not ordering a Forum III guitar, If I had ordered one it would have been a IS top with IR back and sides with Herringbone Trim.

Coincidentely that is what is available.
jeff

Quote from: bhika on March 19, 2009, 09:12:32 AM
Although I had what I thought were a lot of good reasons for not ordering a Forum III guitar, If I had ordered one it would have been a IS top with IR back and sides with Herringbone Trim.

Coincidentely that is what is available.

LS-03RHB - very nice choice sir! (I hope  :doh)
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Quote from: BenF on March 19, 2009, 09:18:04 AM
LS-03RHB - very nice choice sir! (I hope  :doh)

Ben
you got a real, real nice one coming your way.   Sit tight.  I promise you that it will be worth the wait.

Jeff,   
What are you waiting for ?  get off the forum and on the phone before someone else grabs it.

Dude!! It was meant to be!!!  You can't fight destiny!!!  The exact one you would have ordered and it so happens that it was a lefty made my mistake, cmon' man, lightning doesn't strike twice!!  That is how you ended up with your F1, right?

Signed,

1 of your enabling forum friends (who isn't going to give up that F1!)  ....Lynn is the KING of enablers!  That would be a mighty fine picure with the 5 of us lefties...we could be the Southpaw 5.  Plus, when I see you this summer, I won't have to bring my F3 with me and I can pack a couple other goodies for us to jam with.
:guitar
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

Quote from: bluesman67 on March 19, 2009, 09:58:24 AM

1 ...Lynn is the KING of enablers!  That would be a mighty fine picure with the 5 of us lefties...we could be the Southpaw 5.
:guitar

And I wear my crown with pride.  :roll

Southpaw 5 has a nice ring to it

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 19, 2009, 10:01:55 AM
And I wear my crown with pride.  :roll

Southpaw 5 has a nice ring to it

OK, tell the truth though...the Queen has all the power.  :roll
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

I just PM'ed Randy about setting up a thread in the Picture forum for all the photos taken during the tour and jam.  If he sets it up and you have photos from the event please post them there. 

Thanks,
Can't ever get too much eye candy Roger
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

I've set up a thread just to post pictures of the FIII and the tour, so they are all in 1 place.

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=26087.0
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519