Pages: 1 ... 20 [21] 22 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour of Larrivee Vancouver >>> IS March 16, 2009 <<<  (Read 82600 times)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: March 15, 2009, 12:14:47 AM »

Sounds like a neat store.  Had a look at their website.  They sometimes get the less than perfect Larrivee's that are flawed coming out of the factory and sell them at a discount.  If anyone goes I'm curious to know what they have for the less than perfect Larrivees.
                I saw some top shelf Larrivees. LSV-11E 000-60 and 50 one Larri with a burst, a P-05 and some others. Long and Mcquade had a bunch also, even more actually. There was an OM-60 that I thought sounded the best. The OM-40 they had sounded muted next to it.
             But prices were high on the tags in both stores.
Danny

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #401 on: March 15, 2009, 04:30:52 PM »

Hi folks
This will be my last post before meeting up with the rest of the crew in Vancouver.    I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to meeting these folks and, of course, seeing my new forum III.
I hope that someday I get a chance to meet more of you great people.    For the forum III purchasers around the world who can't be there for the "unveiling" tomorrow,  I will bring along your best wishes to the craftsmen and women who are creating this wonderful instrument for us all.

Off the the airport now.   I'll report back when I return.         

Tuffythepug
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: March 15, 2009, 07:52:16 PM »

Its like a morgue on the forum tonight.  Everybody is in Vancouver.  I am unbelieveably jealous.  Please please please please somebody take some pics of 108549 for me. 

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: March 15, 2009, 07:56:11 PM »

If I see it I will Ben.
Danny

johnny37

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: March 15, 2009, 07:57:33 PM »

But prices were high on the tags in both stores.
Danny

Don't forget that our Canadian dollar is worth only about 70 cents to the US dollar right now.

1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty 
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: March 15, 2009, 07:59:45 PM »

Don't forget that our Canadian dollar is worth only about 70 cents to the US dollar right now.
  I took it into consideration.
Danny

BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: March 15, 2009, 08:04:50 PM »

Don't complain, the £ is worth about two pebbles and a grain of rice just now

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

dermot

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: March 16, 2009, 01:46:00 AM »

Tad and I went out and played a few git's today.... had a great time!

Nancy got a piccie of him playing a 1908 Kuntsen harp guitar that must be posted ;-)

out for dinner now...

wheeeee

d.
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: March 16, 2009, 01:52:37 AM »

I bought a box of donuts so I could vicariously celebrate with you Monday....

Except I ate most of them already...  blush

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: March 16, 2009, 02:08:16 AM »

it's the 16th already!

have a great trip guys!

Jeffrey

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: March 16, 2009, 06:06:51 AM »

I bought a box of donuts so I could vicariously celebrate with you Monday....

Except I ate most of them already...  blush
                  Randy, We got together for dinner and dessert tonight and we wished you were here. The first thread about orphan gits was posted by Ricky and if I remember right you replied first, then Tad, then me. The 5th post was ricky compiling what we had suggested and the foundation of the F-III was laid.
        So tonight ricky, Tad, myself our wives and "T" the three dot 12th fret "P", plus dermot and Lyricgirl were together. A comment was made that you "should be here."
           I'm just saying it would have been nice. We all had a great time and tomorrow we have even more.
Danny

Johnny M
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: March 16, 2009, 06:15:51 AM »

Hey everyone,

I was really hoping to get over to Vancouver and meet up with all of you, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.  My wife has to work tomorrow and it's now spring break, so I'm looking after the kids.  I seriously thought about bringing them along, but at 3 and 6, their attention span is limited at best.  Have a great time and have a few donuts from Timmy's for me.  Be sure to post pics and file a report when you get home.

John

...A couple of beautiful guitars...

Not all those who wander are lost ...
http://denmankayaks.wordpress.com/
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: March 16, 2009, 06:48:34 AM »

Randy, We got together for dinner and dessert tonight and we wished you were here. The first thread about orphan gits was posted by Ricky and if I remember right you replied first, then Tad, then me. The 5th post was ricky compiling what we had suggested and the foundation of the F-III was laid.
        So tonight ricky, Tad, myself our wives and "T" the three dot 12th fret "P", plus dermot and Lyricgirl were together. A comment was made that you "should be here."
           I'm just saying it would have been nice. We all had a great time and tomorrow we have even more.
Danny

Yes, my wife Beth and I came late for this dinner and dessert. I called Dermot's cell to make sure they were still there. On the drive towards the "Kettle of Fish" restaurant not too far from the hotels where we're staying, I said to my wife, "You know, I have not really met these people face-to-face, but I feel so at ease (that it drowned out the weird feeling of any jitters or awkwardness of having to meet people you "met or talk with" in the internet) --- it actually felt like I'm going to a reunion of friends, of people I know, of family.

I was hoping Jim H and Randy would be there - like Danny said - it would have been nice. Lynda (lyric_girl) wished Norman (GeeNorm) was here too and that would have been nice too.

As I pulled in to park the car (it's a Korean puddle-jumper pretty nimble miser of a car Hyundai Accent (dubbed "accident" by dermot), I was filled with glee and excitement like there were springs in my shoes. The waitress had to look at the unflattering end of me as I tied my shoe lace before I located the Forum table. Okay, TMI.

I remember seeing and meeting Lynda first. Hugs. She met Beth. I met Tuffy (Lynn), Tad & Nancy, and I didn't recognize Danny without his cowboy hat - met his wife and finally dermot.

What a warm gathering! And just like I expected it, my Forum friends are real nice people - ace !!!

The best part of this for me besides finally getting to shake hands or hug my friends and interact with them in person instead of here at the Forum is that my wife Beth finally got to meet my friends too and Tad & Danny's wives.

It's a cross cultural experience for us - it's what makes life so colorful and spicy (in a good way - where I come from - spicy is real good !!!).

I would post pictures of us, but my phone does not have flash and of course, I could not locate my digital camera before we left Edmonton.  Who knows, I may take pictures using Lynda's camera tomorrow.

That's my 2 centavos for tonight.

ricky

ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: March 16, 2009, 08:48:58 AM »

Hi everybody,

I'm a native Vancouverite.

I had something that *I* could not cancel in the afternoon, so I didn't say anything. As it turns out, someone else cancelled it and I might be able to hang out with you guys.

Is it too late to "register"?

I'm going to scan backwards through the discussion to see if I can pick up on the details. But if someone has a moment - can you tell me where you planned to

meet in the morning  (I can find my way to the Larrivée plant at 780 Cordova)
have lunch
have dinner
what's up after that?

Is there a contact person at Larrivée?

Thanks everybody.

ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: March 16, 2009, 09:07:06 AM »

Okay, here's what I found looking back.

• 10 AM Informal meeting at the Larrivee shop. Meet John Jr and each other.
  • Get your Trinity Guitars Forum III hat. This alone makes the trip worth it!
  • Noon Lunch Dutch treat at a place John Jr. is picking.
  • 1 pm or so return to the Shop for a tour. I expect this to be all afternoon.
  • Mike's place (what time?)
    2865 Grant St, Vancouver.

Is it okay to join you guys?

Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: March 16, 2009, 11:44:37 AM »

The first thread about orphan gits was posted by Ricky and if I remember right you replied first, then Tad, then me. The 5th post was ricky compiling what we had suggested and the foundation of the F-III was laid.

That was pretty close recollection from memory...I looked at the first page of the thread and the order of appearances of the cast on the thread's first page actually look like this.

1) Ricky - OP
2) L-Fan
3) Dale I
4) Randy R
5) tadol
6) dependan
7) tuffythepug
8) strawinthegold
9) Dotneck

Have fun out west...don't eat any bad oysters....

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: March 16, 2009, 12:22:51 PM »

Go for it. They're still sleeping I expect. There have been a couple of dropouts, so there should be plenty of donuts.. 

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: March 16, 2009, 12:24:42 PM »

That was pretty close recollection from memory...I looked at the first page of the thread and the order of appearances of the cast on the thread's first page actually look like this.

1) Ricky - OP
2) L-Fan
3) Dale I
4) Randy R
5) tadol
6) dependan
7) tuffythepug
8) strawinthegold
9) Dotneck

Have fun out west...don't eat any bad oysters....

I remember reading from the very start, and wanting to join the discussion, but refraining because I felt it would be out of line to get involved since there was no way I could get one, being outwith the USA/Canada.  I then remember how happy I was when Jim Holler emailed me to say he would easily deliver one to the UK for me.  

By that time everyone else had pretty much nailed down my ideal specs!!!

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: March 16, 2009, 01:03:39 PM »

ST, why come and join us!!!  Don't know if you're up already as I type this at almost 7am Vancouver time.

Danny, Tad, Tuffy & Dermot will do the donut run to the Factory at 8:30am - I believe they have enough hands there to the delivery.

We are meeting for breakfast at "The Elbow Room Cafe" - between 8:30-9-ish - located on 560 Davie Street.

Then go to the Factory for the "meet everyone" at 10am.

Hope that helps and glad you can join us today.

JohnnyM - if you're reading this - we'll miss you. Do enjoy your kids - you'll be their hero.  Hopefully, we can organize more Factory Tours in VanBC

and Oxnard, CA.

Better take a nap before breakfast; slept at 1am; opened my eyes at 4am and could not go back to sleep. G'morning Randy!

ricky
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: March 16, 2009, 01:11:30 PM »

How did i figure there would be a post from Ricky at silly o'clock in the morning.  Mate, I am excited about today, and I am about 4000 miles away!  I wouldn't be able to sleep if I were in your shoes either.  I cannot wait to hear how it all goes.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Pages: 1 ... 20 [21] 22 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: