Tour of Larrivee Vancouver >>> IS March 16, 2009 <<<

Started by Randy_R, February 04, 2009, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: dermot on March 12, 2009, 12:45:22 PM
On my way to the train station now...

;-)

d.

I could not pass up an opportunity to meet a forum member, so I went down to the train station (less than 1 mile away!) and met with Danny and Bonnie. They are a great couple and it is a fantastic day for a train ride up north.  It was great meeting you both and enjoy the Forum III picks when your hands warm up. 
It will be great to meet others on Monday!

FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

It was "cool" in more ways than one this A.M. when the station wasn't open yet and we stood outside in some chilly air. But it was even more cool to meet Matt and try to play a tune or two.
        The ride up was perfect. That train is the way to go. A sunny day and great scenery. Then Dermot met us at the other end and we went to Grandville Island for some great fish and chips and some fun sharing about his Irish background and lot's of very interesting events and turns in his life. He really could write a book that would be a great read.
        d. lent me his Dave Webber git, it reminds me a lot of an LSV-11. RW/Cedar. Webber used to work for Larrivee and it shows in this git. It feels and looks like a high end Larrivee. The sound is a bit different.
                Well we are at some friends here in Vancity now and have a big BLACK car (yuck) But it can hold a lot of folks and get us around. Just don't mistake me for the Texas Mafia :winkin:
Danny

I'm meeting with my lawyer this morning in advance of our house closing next Friday and off to the airport for 1:30 or so. Not looking forward to the other crazed March break travelers, but really looking forward to getting on my way and getting to Vancouver. Woohoo! :cheers
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: dermot on March 13, 2009, 09:46:54 AM
WoooHooo!

gimme a call when you get here

d.

dermot
If it's not an imposition could you PM me with a contact number just in case I need someone to call ?   I don't arrive 'til Sunday eve.   I won't bug you un-necissarily.   
Thanks.   Looking forward to meeting you next week.    :beer

Well two hours before I leave for the airport. Better get motivated to pack. Boy I hate packing. See you all Monday! I will be in the Seattle air port tonight at 11:07 if all goes well.
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

i'd wait for another 90 min beore doing anything rash (like packing)...

And Lynn, PM is sent, if anyone else want a local contact number i'm open ;-)

Ta,

d.

Dermot
Received your PM.  Thank you very much.  I tried to PM back to you but your box is full.  You're a popular guy.   I just wanted to say thanks and say how exicited I am to meet you and the rest of the forum members who will be on hand next week.    This is like a family reunion for people who have never met  :bgrin:   Somebody should film this for a documentary.   Man, "what a long strange trip it's been" getting to this point from the first innocent post about bringing back an orphan Larrivee guitar.

72 hrs. to go.   :nana_guitar

My wife and I went down to the factory today. I called John to discuss a few things regarding number of employees and donuts etc. Then I said Heh, I'm not far away could I come Take a peek at my git and he said sure.
  After that we went to a very cool area not far away called "Gastown" and had more fish and chips. This time it was halibut, my favorite. Then we went to a great place called Lynn Canyon, where there is a suspension bridge over the river with trails and large waterfalls etc. Very cool. Dermot had told us about it. Then we went to Stanley park and on to a music shop and bought some strings and stuff. Then I found a very nice London fog raincoat, cause it's supposed to start raining soon.
             Then we took back the BIG black Mafia Mercury to the rental place and got a Camry Hybrid instead. It suits us much better. I'll try to get with Mike sometime tomorow and see what others are up to.
Danny

On our way to the airport - got  extra memory for the camera and recorder. No one write anything interesting until I can get back on-line -  :bgrin:  Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Quote from: dependan on March 13, 2009, 10:27:10 PM
    My wife and I went down to the factory today. I called John to discuss a few things regarding number of employees and donuts etc. Then I said Heh, I'm not far away could I come Take a peek at my git and he said sure.
 Danny

Soooooooooo, where are the pictures. Tell us more about the gits, you can't leave us hanging in suspense after being right there.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on March 14, 2009, 09:33:18 AM
Soooooooooo, where are the pictures. Tell us more about the gits, you can't leave us hanging in suspense after being right there.
I took a few pics with my phone camera. But thanks to ATand T and the cruddy way they do things, it's like a trip to the dentist to download a pic to my computer. I had left the camera in the car, and it was parked far away. Besides at this point I feel it is best left in John Larrivee's hands to post pics with comments. I'll wait till Monday when I take as many as I possibly can with my digital camera. (then download them with Larrivee's permission)
     So I really can't post any because they are locked up in my phone right now. (Truly sorry)
Danny

Quote from: tadol on March 14, 2009, 09:22:40 AM
On our way to the airport - got  extra memory for the camera and recorder. No one write anything interesting until I can get back on-line -  :bgrin:  Tad
See ya soon Tad. I have got things nailed down a bit location wise.
Danny

I'm here. Plane was late last night and I walked thru a lot of the airport b4 finding my way out. Then there was the insane cab ride...surprised I got to the hotel in one piece! Sipping Starbucks as i send this! Am spending today with Vancouver Southpaw who has graciously offered to show me around. If anybody wants to connect tomorrow, let me know.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

We are about to head downtown, I'll have on a long black raincoat and a black cowboy hat. Long and McQuades on Terminal will be one stop and then some messing around near Robson and Grandville etc. So if anyone sees us say howdy.
Danny

If you get a chance, check out Rufus Guitar shop.  Great little shop, and they've been a Larrivee dealer forever.
1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty
Form 3 #52  LS03 all mahogany lefty
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string

Quote from: johnny37 on March 14, 2009, 12:17:06 PM
If you get a chance, check out Rufus Guitar shop.  Great little shop, and they've been a Larrivee dealer forever.
Where are they?

Rufus Guitar Shop is at 2621 Alma Street in Vancouver.  604 222 1717.
Takamine 12 string

Takamine 12 string

Quote from: johnny37 on March 14, 2009, 12:22:39 PM
Rufus Guitar Shop is at 2621 Alma Street in Vancouver.  604 222 1717.

Sounds like a neat store.  Had a look at their website.  They sometimes get the less than perfect Larrivee's that are flawed coming out of the factory and sell them at a discount.  If anyone goes I'm curious to know what they have for the less than perfect Larrivees.