Tour of Larrivee Vancouver >>> IS March 16, 2009 <<<

Started by Randy_R, February 04, 2009, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky,

You can have all the poutine you want, but know that stuff clogs your arteries!  :roll
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: Dotneck on March 11, 2009, 06:16:06 AM

You're too funny...

No chinese...no french fries with gravy.....what's left to eat?

Give the poor girl a break. She's from Toronto, and with their sports teams all they get to eat is humble pie.

Quote from: Dotneck on March 11, 2009, 06:16:06 AM

You're too funny...

No chinese...no french fries with gravy.....what's left to eat?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Vancouver Southpaw on March 11, 2009, 12:04:05 PM

Give the poor girl a break. She's from Toronto, and with their sports teams all they get to eat is humble pie.

Ok now. First of all, I live in the burbs of toronto. Second of all, I'm no fan of the Maple Laffs or the Blow Jays. The only organized sports I like are football e.g. soccer for us North Americans and yes, the Toronto FC suck too! My soccer teams are Man United and when World Cup is on England and The Netherlands.  :humour:

Quote from: lyric_girl on March 11, 2009, 12:35:06 PM
Ok now. First of all, I live in the burbs of toronto. Second of all, I'm no fan of the Maple Laffs or the Blow Jays. The only organized sports I like are football e.g. soccer for us North Americans and yes, the Toronto FC suck too! My soccer teams are Man United and when World Cup is on England and The Netherlands.  :humour:
How about the Toronto Bills? You nice Canadians are taking our team!
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on March 11, 2009, 12:50:04 PM
  How about the Toronto Bills? You nice Canadians are taking our team!
Jim Holler

Jim,

I highly doubt that, unless they'res something I don't know about. The Blue Jays haven't won since 1995 and lets not talk about The Leafs... I was five years old the last time they lifted the cup. Toronto is NOT a good place for a sports franchise.

OK,  I am starting to think packing. I leave Friday afternoon. I will spend the day Saturday with my daughter snow shooing on Mt Rainer. Sunday afternoon we will drive to BC. I will have my cell phone so if you are in town give me a call.
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier

www.TrinityGuitars.com

I guess many of you will be setting out on your adventures to Vancouver over the next day or two.  I hope you all have an absolute blast.  If #108549 is sitting finished in the factory, someone grab it and strum it and post on here how awesome it sounds.  I really cannot wait.

Have a great time everyone!! :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :cheers
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Ben, you will be with me in spirit!  :smile:

BEnF... I happen to be close by so I stopped into the Vancouver Shop. Happened to see that number sitting there and did, by chance, pick it up and gave it a good strum. All due respect, but I think you'll be sorely disappointed with the sound  :blush: :whistling: :blush:

So... to save you the shame... I'll take the embarrassment for you and take it home   :wink: :doh :wink:
"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   2008 Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on March 11, 2009, 01:53:37 PM
OK,  I am starting to think packing. I leave Friday afternoon. I will spend the day Saturday with my daughter snow shooing on Mt Rainer. Sunday afternoon we will drive to BC. I will have my cell phone so if you are in town give me a call.
Jim Holler
My wife and I are in Washington tonight and Thursday we will be in Vancouver.
Danny

Quote from: BenF on March 11, 2009, 05:52:49 PM
I guess many of you will be setting out on your adventures to Vancouver over the next day or two.  I hope you all have an absolute blast.  If #108549 is sitting finished in the factory, someone grab it and strum it and post on here how awesome it sounds.  I really cannot wait.

Have a great time everyone!! :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :guitar :cheers

I'm pretty sure I saw your number hanging on the rack waiting for the satin spray.    It was the only one with a serial number written on the masking material on the fretboard.  If I see it next week I'll give it a friendly little pat on the back for you and send it on it's way home.

OK...  I don't know about the rest of you guys (and girls) but this is one of the most exciting things I've ever been a part of.    The good will generated over the past few months has truly been remarkable.  I never, in a million years, would have dreamed somethng like this could happen where so many people who have never even met each other could bond over a very special guitar.  I feel fortunate to have been a part of it and, in a small way, been allowed into each of your lives.   Better yet, to have had the chance to have you in mine.

Quote from: Dale_I on March 12, 2009, 12:08:44 AM
BEnF... I happen to be close by so I stopped into the Vancouver Shop. Happened to see that number sitting there and did, by chance, pick it up and gave it a good strum. All due respect, but I think you'll be sorely disappointed with the sound  :blush: :whistling: :blush:

So... to save you the shame... I'll take the embarrassment for you and take it home   :wink: :doh :wink:

Nice try!  But even if it played and sounded like an Esteban (I know that is an impossibility before someone attacks me for it), I would just hang it on the wall and look at it all the time because it is just so darn pretty. :bgrin:
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 12, 2009, 02:14:38 AM
OK...  I don't know about the rest of you guys (and girls) but this is one of the most exciting things I've ever been a part of.    The good will generated over the past few months has truly been remarkable.  I never, in a million years, would have dreamed somethng like this could happen where so many people who have never even met each other could bond over a very special guitar.  I feel fortunate to have been a part of it and, in a small way, been allowed into each of your lives.   Better yet, to have had the chance to have you in mine.

:+1: - you have a good way with words Tuffy.  I'll second all you say.

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 12, 2009, 02:14:38 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw your number hanging on the rack waiting for the satin spray.    It was the only one with a serial number written on the masking material on the fretboard.  If I see it next week I'll give it a friendly little pat on the back for you and send it on it's way home.

Disappointingly that one is 108495, not 549.  I thought for a minute I had ordered a whole hog.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

Lynn,

Very well said. And for those of us who are making the pilgrimage to Vancouver, I am sure we will have the opportunity to learn more about each other and bond further. Not meaning to cause any ill will to those not joining us by the way.

One of the best experiences of my life so far was travelling to Boston and meeting fellow REM fans and enjoying a show with some of them. Bonding with a group of people with common interests is a great thing.

It's Thursday and we are fixin to go to the train station in Edmonds with a stop for  :coffee on the way. Matt is going to meet us there for a brief visit.
                     Next stop Vancity and Dermot.
Danny

Quote from: dependan on March 12, 2009, 08:10:43 AM
   It's Thursday and we are fixin to go to the train station in Edmonds with a stop for  :coffee on the way. Matt is going to meet us there for a brief visit.
                     Next stop Vancity and Dermot.
Danny

Danny,

Hope you have a good trip. No peaking at Larrivee now!  :humour:

Quote from: lyric_girl on March 12, 2009, 08:32:29 AM
Danny,

Hope you have a good trip. No peaking at Larrivee now!  :humour:
Ya I second that no peaking. But if you cannot resist than a report is required!
  This is so cool!!!!!
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier

www.TrinityGuitars.com