Tour of Larrivee Vancouver >>> IS March 16, 2009 <<<

Started by Randy_R, February 04, 2009, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Randy_R on March 10, 2009, 10:17:26 AM
Its getting close to the time for those taking long weekends to start travelling...

So have fun everybody. I wish I could be there with you.

Let Jim Holler, John Larriveee (and Jean if there) and all the employees know how much we appreciate them.

Randy we could put a card together in Vancouver expressing this appreciation and give it to John from the forum as well.

Danny

Quote from: dependan on March 10, 2009, 11:34:19 AM
   Randy we could put a card together in Vancouver expressing this appreciation and give it to John from the forum as well.

Danny

Sounds good amigo.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Quote from: dependan on March 09, 2009, 09:12:13 PM
  It is so good to see all this communication at last... I mean more joining in. Mike I'll hook up with you well before Monday and maybe we could see about renting some folding chairs and just do some logistical planning. If we do have 30 we may need to find a warehouse (hmmm maybe Larrivee's)
                           This will all work out, we got this far, so the rest should be downhill. :guitar
                                                                                     Danny

Good thinking about the folding chairs, however I think between what I've got here and can borrow from a friend in the neighbourhood, we should be OK if it's at my place.

Mike

Quote from: Vancouver Southpaw on March 10, 2009, 02:09:11 PM
Good thinking about the folding chairs, however I think between what I've got here and can borrow from a friend in the neighbourhood, we should be OK if it's at my place.

Mike

They'res always the floor too!
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: lyric_girl on March 10, 2009, 02:51:24 PM
They'res always the floor too!

You must be a young-in, If I get on the floor I need help getting up.   :laughin:
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on March 10, 2009, 03:15:17 PM
You must be a young-in, If I get on the floor I need help getting up.   :laughin:

Roger,

I don't consider almost 47 to be a young-in. However, I do sit on the floor quite a lot.  :bgrin:

Quote from: Mr_LV19E on March 10, 2009, 03:15:17 PM
You must be a young-in, If I get on the floor I need help getting up.   :laughin:

Should we have the St. John's Ambulance people standing by for this event? :whistling:

Hey guys, I won't be joining you all.  Air Canada told me to take my $809 and go screw, I'm not surprised though. I will be with you all in spirit.  Raise those thundermugs so high and make a toast to those that wanted to join you.  This would have been one of the coolest things to do and I am envious!
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Folks,  I just spoke to John Jr at Larrivee. His  dad , Jean, has returned from Europe and is signing the labels. Still no official word but it sure is looking good to have some guitars completed soon.
    John also told me that the inventory of guitars at the BC plant has grown to high. They have had to make the decision to take some down time in the shop. This is not a lay off and no one has lost there job. The group agreed to move some of their vacation shut down time to next week. Yes when we will be there. As I am sure you were, I was looking forward to meeting the people in the photos. There will still be some people working but not the entire plant. John was apologetic for this but to keep the Larrivee Guitar company strong it is a decision that he had to make. I can only imagine the challenges that Larrivee is facing in this economic time.

We will still have a great time, see the shop, meet each other and play some tunes. I am very hopefull that we will be strumming and loving our new Forum III guitars.
Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Jim
News about Jean signing the labels and the guitars nearing completion is very good news indeed.    The fact that some of the builders will not be on hand when we are there is dissapointing for sure.   I guess we will need fewer donuts.   :whistling:
Thanks for the update.   Do you think there is a chance we will get to meet Jean himself on the tour ?

Well I called Matthew Larrivee and asked him about how many employees would be in the factory. He said about 22 on the floor plus the office girls, so about 28 total. So there will still be many to meet hopefully.(and to feed with donuts and pastries)
     Matthew also said that there is a major show in Germany about three times larger than NAMN, therefore Jean will probably have to be there, though he would enjoy being with us.
     He also said there were two places he missed in Vancouver, as far as stores, one is TIM HORTONS the other is NEW YORK DELI (I think) anyway they make some great french fries called New York Fries. He also said there are some really great fries that are covered in gravy with cheese curds called "Poutine" it sounded good to me. I think that is sold in ''The Pacific" in the malls. I'm sure some of ya'll will correct me if this is wrong.
          Sorry about the Jean news, but who knows he could still surprise us.

Danny

Quote from: dependan on March 10, 2009, 07:08:00 PM

He also said there are some really great fries that are covered in gravy with cheese curds called "Poutine" it sounded good to me. I think that is sold in ''The Pacific" in the malls. I'm sure some of ya'll will correct me if this is wrong.

Danny

Danny,

Repeat after me, you do not want poutine. It is gross! It is a french (no offence meant) recipe and it's just...ick.  :yak:

Yum.  This is poutine.  1000 calories per spoonful...

Jordan.

[attachment deleted by admin]

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Quote from: lyric_girl on March 10, 2009, 08:06:00 PM
Danny,

Repeat after me, you do not want poutine. It is gross! It is a french (no offence meant) recipe and it's just...ick.  :yak:
Well Matthew and I talked quite a bit about it and I like gravy on potatoes and cheese curd sounds fine to me. Lynda I grew up on a little farm in the Ozarks and we ate stuff like this. EVERYTHING gets smothered in gravy where I'm from. And we drank lots of thick fresh milk (right from the cow) What we called buttermilk was very sweet and thick almost like a milkshake.
          Anyway the point is I will try it and I bet I will like it. No french in me though just Irish, Scott,English and hillbilly Texan. (Man I could get arrested just for being me)
    I just saw the picture, that makes my mouth water, I better go milk the cow.
Danny

I'm sorry to hear about the build-up of inventory at the factory - Perhaps the Forum might be able to help with an emergency buy-in of some of that?  Maybe we can bring some pics and prices back -  :bgrin:

Tad
Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -

Quote from: tadol on March 10, 2009, 09:46:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the build-up of inventory at the factory - Perhaps the Forum might be able to help with an emergency buy-in of some of that?  Maybe we can bring some pics and prices back -  :bgrin:

Tad

Sounds like a plan

I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to Vancouver next week.  I've been sitting on the fence due to schedule conflicts and while those are resolved I'm having trouble justifying the travel expense in the current economy. 

I'm looking forward to hearing the stories and seeing the pics from the event.  Have fun everyone.  For the non-Canucks I'd suggest trying some poutine, even if just a taste. A trip to Tim Hortons for a donut and coffee or soup and sandwich is a must do.  Oh and for the salty snack lovers like me...try some Hawkins Cheezies. 

Sorry to hear about the production slow down at Larrivee.  Seems like no one is insulated from the economic downturn.  Do we know if this will delay completion of the FGIIIs? 

As far along as the F-III's have gotten I doubt that this slows them down much if any. Matthew said 22 are still on the shop floor, ( although that fluctuates).

Danny,

Lynda,

First of all, I want to thank Jordan for the mouth watering exhibit A of The Poutine.   I may be Filipino by culture, but I have some Newfie in me...by osmosis.  :humour:

Imagine this my friend(s), put a dash of crude crystals of sea salt, now smother the gravy with some dark brown malt vinegar...

are your jaws & cheeks getting any cramps yet?  My salivary glands are secreting wonderful juicy enzymes I had to swallow just now typing this... and it's 2:55am.

Now wash it down with an ice cold green concoction Jim Holler is recommending on St. Patrick's for the iRish flavouR... you gotta roll your RRR on that one. :roll

I can't wait to go to Belgian Fries on Commercial Street for their poutine.   They cut their potatoes fresh daily.   

Danny, it's rated by the local newspapers as "The Best Poutine outside of Montreal."   I'll have to take you and Bonnie there - on me and Beth!

ricky...   now please, get your greasy hands off of my FG III.  :humour:       Life is so good!   I love the variety of foods and guitars.  :nana_guitar

You're too funny...

No chinese...no french fries with gravy.....what's left to eat?
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1