Pages: 1 ... 11 [12] 13 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour of Larrivee Vancouver >>> IS March 16, 2009 <<<  (Read 82353 times)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2009, 02:01:59 PM »

we don't have a south beach, but we do have a wreck beach... March might be a little bit cold tho....

;-)

d.
        There is a point I have been meaning to ask about. What is the weather like in mid March around Vancouver. I know it must be cool, but it's not as cold as Calgary right?

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
dermot

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2009, 02:40:24 PM »

warmer than Calgary, similar to Seattle in March, i would pack a northface type multi layer jacket with a hood..... wear the fleecy if it's warm, shell if it's raining, and both if it's raining and cold... very low chance of snow in the city by mid march, up on the hills there should be snow still tho.

d.

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #222 on: February 25, 2009, 03:44:18 PM »

re:  weather
I've been trying to figure out how to pack light for a short trip without exposing myself to some unpleasantness.    I saw that the avg. temp for the past few days was about 7 degrees C.
I had to figure that one out.    Looks like about 45 deg. F.   That's cold but not outrageous.
coat, hat, gloves will definietely go in the bag though.

Tuffythepug
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: February 25, 2009, 03:56:38 PM »

Yup, a slicker, leather chaps and mink oiled boots and a good felt hat with a bandanna for face protection should work real well. You could even Rob a bank if you needed some extra cash in that git up.

lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: February 25, 2009, 04:38:42 PM »

re:  weather
I've been trying to figure out how to pack light for a short trip without exposing myself to some unpleasantness.    I saw that the avg. temp for the past few days was about 7 degrees C.
I had to figure that one out.    Looks like about 45 deg. F.   That's cold but not outrageous.
coat, hat, gloves will definietely go in the bag though.

Tuffythepug

Lynn,

You're such a Californian! That's not cold! 

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2009, 05:00:18 PM »

Lynn,

You're such a Californian! That's not cold! 

It's all relative my fine Canadian friend  bigrin    My pool water is at 45 degrees right now.   That's cold.

es-335

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: February 25, 2009, 05:22:25 PM »

45F sounds so nice....!! T-shirt weather!  crying
only -4F here today.. it's getting warmer though  whistling

Jeffrey

dermot

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: February 25, 2009, 10:51:52 PM »

Snow is falling right now outside my window.. on the north shore....

;-))

d.
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: February 26, 2009, 02:36:57 AM »

Folks,

I'm not going to be on the trip, but in reading all the posts I wonder why no one has mentioned current and currency. Did I miss it?

Will US 110 volt appliances work in Vancouver? Is US currency accepted? I was surprised last summer to learn US currency was accepted in Jamaica.

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: February 26, 2009, 02:47:44 AM »

Snow is falling right now outside my window.. on the north shore....

;-))

d.
               I told my wife this, and she said "Really, Cool!" then she walked over to the coat closet and brought back a nice leather coat she bought today. That's what I'm thinking too is Leather, with a zip out liner. So it would work for cold and just cool. Wet is okay to a point with leather, but I don't plan on standing in the RAIN.

Just to let folks know, my wife and I were invited to stay with  friends in Vancouver. They live about 10 minutes from the factory and we will rent a car to help others get around. Dermot has graciously offered to help us when we first arrive and he said he is available through out the weekend and Monday. I know Mike would like to have some of us over to Jam at his place if we don't find a facility in a hotel or something.
             I'm getting almost as excited about this gathering of real , live forum folk as I am about the F-III. So far I have met four members in person ( two of those will be in Vancouver) and I have talked to others on the phone. (two of those will be there also) Each person has been one you are very glad to have come to know. They are all gracious and thoughtful of others. I don't know why Larrivee attracts such folks, but I'm happy to be part of this bunch.                                                               I just wish more could come.       Danny

Folks,
Will US 110 volt appliances work in Vancouver? Is US currency accepted?
Norman
Norm they love our $ and the volts are the same I think. I never blew anything up in the past.

Dale_I
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: February 26, 2009, 03:25:56 AM »

The current is really only a concern in Europe. Most any of the border communities take either $US or $CAN. Even folks as far South as Spokane (3 hours from border) have currency adaptation in most of the cash registers for Canadian currency.

It isn't really the cold that will get you, it is the wind chill and rain. The rain will make it damp and the cold will go right to the center of your bones. The wind will also make an otherwise chilly day downright frigid. Layer yourself. T-shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, and jacket. Then going outside to inside you'll always have an appropriate layer to make you comfortable.

Any word on Jean attending?

"The barrier to knowledge is the belief that you have it"

2006 Larrivee LV-10 MR   1980 Les Paul Custom Natural   Larrivee LV-03-12   1998 Carvin LB75 Koa Bass
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: February 26, 2009, 03:47:00 AM »

Any word on Jean attending?
                 I think the F-III is John Jrs. deal all the way. But who knows if he's not in Madagascar or Honduras he might surprise us with his big smile. Dale you would have a good time either way. Bring your Larrivee and Tuffy can sign it if JCL isn't there.    Really just kiddin. But if by some chance I get my F-III I will have Ricky, Tad ,Tuffy, Jim and probably a few more sign the toe tag or something.
                 If you do come I'll buy you some and  . (Your choice of coffee)

rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: February 26, 2009, 04:22:19 AM »

Will US 110 volt appliances work in Vancouver? Is US currency accepted? I was surprised last summer to learn US currency was accepted in Jamaica.
Norman

Hey Norman, Danny, and the rest of the Forum gang,

My first ever post since leaving last Thursday night for Vancouver; ah, that would be Friday morning because we hit the road at 1:30am.

Back home safely, thank God, driving through snow and slush and mist from the vehicles in front of me; so I just made sure I passed everyone. 

Most places will take US currency (you may not get a fair exchange rate though), so my American friends are better off getting a proper exchange rate at a bank and carry some Canadian.

Ahhh... we're all 110 volts here. I think that's only an issue in Asia and Africa and maybe Europe.

ricky
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: February 26, 2009, 04:29:08 AM »

Bring your Larrivee and Tuffy can sign it if JCL isn't there.    Really just kiddin. But if by some chance I get my F-III I will have Ricky, Tad ,Tuffy, Jim and probably a few more sign the toe tag or something.
                 If you do come I'll buy you some and  . (Your choice of coffee)

Hey Danny, what's a "toe tag"?   I'll be honored to sign anything!

May I ask you to sign a card or whatever piece of memento for me, please?

During our (Beth & I) trip to Vancouver - Seattle area Friday-Monday ===  I got to thinking about the FG III which is its official name.

But to me (and this is only one person's opinion), I would never have paid attention to an LS or OO or parlor or OM,

had it not been for the"must have" 4inches depth.

The rest of the world will call this FG III, but I know it's really called "Danny's Git" with a special "Tuffy" 12th fret.  +1  oh yeah, and that Tad gave it the LSV-03

which is exactly what I ordered!

ricky
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: February 26, 2009, 04:38:32 AM »

Hey Norman, Danny, and the rest of the Forum gang,

My first ever post since leaving last Thursday night for Vancouver; ah, that would be Friday morning because we hit the road at 1:30am.

Back home safely, thank God, driving through snow and slush and mist from the vehicles in front of me; so I just made sure I passed everyone. 

Most places will take US currency (you may not get a fair exchange rate though), so my American friends are better off getting a proper exchange rate at a bank and carry some Canadian.

Ahhh... we're all 110 volts here. I think that's only an issue in Asia and Africa and maybe Europe.

ricky
          Man I was starting to worry about you I knew you would be driving in some bad weather. In fact I e-mailed you 15 minutes ago.
            I think if we use credit cards the exchange is done by the bankcard. Like Chase/Visa. It will do the exchange fairly. But thanks for the heads up.
             Look at the new pics if you haven't yet, your git may be in there. Norm and I saw our necks today finally.                
                                 Welcome Back,   Danny
Hey Danny, what's a "toe tag"?   I'll be honored to sign anything!

May I ask you to sign a card or whatever piece of memento for me, please?

During our (Beth & I) trip to Vancouver - Seattle area Friday-Monday ===  I got to thinking about the FG III which is its official name.

But to me (and this is only one person's opinion), I would never have paid attention to an LS or OO or parlor or OM,

had it not been for the"must have" 4inches depth].

The rest of the world will call this FG III, but I know it's really called "Danny's Git" with a special "Tuffy" 12th fret.  +1  oh yeah, and that Tad gave it the LSV-03

which is exactly what I ordered!

ricky
               The toe tag is the little card hanging off the headstock on all new Larrivee guitars. (A toe tag is put on a persons toe to I.D. them at a morgue ) I hope no one takes offense at this, it's just what I have always called those tags.
                That tag will say what model it is and sometimes the dealers name and price etc.

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #235 on: February 26, 2009, 06:28:21 AM »

Is the toe tag the same thing as the hang tag ?
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: February 26, 2009, 01:27:57 PM »

Is the toe tag the same thing as the hang tag ?
               Yes, it reminds me of the "toe tag" on a body in the morgue. You know dead tree etc.
     I know I'm weird, it's just what I have always called those tags. I may actually get y'all to sign your name inside the sound hole with a special pen I have. Again, I know, I'm weird.
     This point is totally moot if it's not finished though. Which is more than likely the reality.

tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #237 on: February 26, 2009, 04:04:50 PM »

Danny
I'd be honored to sign your guitar anyway you want.   I'll even carve my name in the back with a pen-knife or use a wood-burner if you want.   

T
johnny37

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2009, 01:35:14 AM »

Norman

You're kidding, right?  It's not like you're coming to some underdeveloped 3rd world country.  We even have running water and flush toilets here.

1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty 
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2009, 01:41:48 AM »

Hey, would I kid about ignorance? 

But ignorance is lack of information, not lack of intelligence.

{added} But if anything about the questions Will US 110 volt appliances work in Vancouver? Is US currency accepted? was offensive I apologise. I'm not a seasoned international traveler. I asked the questions because I didn't know the answers.

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
Pages: 1 ... 11 [12] 13 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: