Tour of Larrivee Vancouver >>> IS March 16, 2009 <<<

Started by Randy_R, February 04, 2009, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Larrivee4me on February 08, 2009, 08:13:24 PM
Wow!!!!! Flying to Seattle from Columbus, Ohio is half the cost of flying directly to Vancouver.  I'd be interested in meeting up with others in Seattle then driving to Vancouver for the tour.   I'm thinking fly in on Saturday and fly back to Ohio on Tuesday morning.   If anyone would like to try and coordinate to share expenses let me know.  Any suggestions for lodging would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mark
Mark, there are some coming and going from Seattle the same day as you are planning. Are you still coming?

FOLKS, I am working up a list from this thread right now and will have it in a bit.    Danny

Quote from: johnny37 on February 16, 2009, 06:40:37 PM
John is johhny37, forum git #68.  And I wouldn't miss this for anything.

Cool... thanks John... I'm 10 gits behind. #78

ricky

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on February 16, 2009, 02:46:27 PM
I have lost track,  Can we get another tally of who is going to the be there on the 16th.

Here is the best update I can come up with... Let's try and keep this updated and corrected.
       Just copy and paste or quote others as we go to make corrections.
                 Randy if you know of a better way (like a locked sticky that can be updated) then let's do that.

1. Jim H   Trinity Guitars
2. Danny  dependan
3. Ricky    rpm61912
4. Dermot is dermot or d. (as far as I know)  d. has offered to help folks in Vancouver
5. John   Johnny37
6. Lynda   lyricgirl
7. Lynn   Tuffy the pug
8. Tad    Tadol             *Plus our three wives (Tad, ricky and me)and someone was bringing a guest also
9. Jordan  Jagidas
10. Ray  Safricanplayer
11. Mark  Larrivee4me
12. Michael   mrkillick
13. Matt    Photomat           Matt has offered hospitality in Lynnwood Wa. just north of Seattle
14. Norm    prof_stack
15. Darren     dazdarren
16. Mike   Vancouver Southpaw           I think Mike knows the area very well

Well, I have a gut feeling there will be more.   Happy playin Y'all       Danny

Here's a question for all who will be going to Vancouver to take the tour....
How many of you are bringing a guitar with you ?  Does anyone expect to be able to play their forum III while at the factory ?

Quote from: tuffythepug on February 16, 2009, 07:53:57 PM
Here's a question for all who will be going to Vancouver to take the tour....
How many of you are bringing a guitar with you ?  Does anyone expect to be able to play their forum III while at the factory ?

I'm driving. So I guess I can bring one guitar likely my OO-09; but if Danny brings his OOFM, then should I bring my OM?

Wouldn't it be great if we can take our FGIII home?  If there's any possibility of that, then I won't bring any guitar

and just take my new baby home.

ricky

Quote from: rpm60912 on February 16, 2009, 08:09:29 PM
I'm driving. So I guess I can bring one guitar likely my OO-09; but if Danny brings his OOFM, then should I bring my OM?

Wouldn't it be great if we can take our FGIII home?  If there's any possibility of that, then I won't bring any guitar

and just take my new baby home.

ricky
I have heard that idea somewhere.....

I won't have Holly (the guitar) with me. I'm just way too afraid of flying with a guitar and not planning on buying another overpriced airfare to have her in the seat beside me. So no, I will be guitarless.

I'm honestly not expecting to be able to see and touch my Forum Git either while we're there. I think it would be a lot of work to pull our guitars aside. Then again, I could be totally wrong, but I think it's best to expect less.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: lyric_girl on February 16, 2009, 08:46:53 PM
I won't have Holly (the guitar) with me. I'm just way too afraid of flying with a guitar and not planning on buying another overpriced airfare to have her in the seat beside me. So no, I will be guitarless.

I'm honestly not expecting to be able to see and touch my Forum Git either while we're there. I think it would be a lot of work to pull our guitars aside. Then again, I could be totally wrong, but I think it's best to expect less.
Well, I don't know what to expect, but in theory most of them will be ready to ship by then, or just curing finish on a shelf waiting to be shipped.  For sure there will be some to play.   All in all though this will still be a very memorable time.
        I have flown with my guitars and had no problems at all. And a parlor would be the very easiest to take on board. My 00 is small enough too. But I flew from California to Austin with my brand new LSV-11 stuck in an overhead compartment. No one even blinked at me about it. Except to say what a beautiful case it was.
         But that is Southwest Airlines...people and guitar friendly.

Quote from: dependan on February 16, 2009, 08:45:48 PM
  I have heard that idea somewhere.....

Danny,

I just didn't want to put anyone "on the spot" in case there's a flood of requests - if that was a possibility - taking the FG III home that is.

ricky

Quote from: tuffythepug on February 16, 2009, 07:53:57 PM

I may bring one with me.  But I am really hoping that mine will be done and ready to go.  In that case, I'll be breaking in the new F-3.  Getting somewhat giddy about the new axe.  Are they done yet? :humour:
1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty
Form 3 #52  LS03 all mahogany lefty
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string

Quote from: rpm60912 on February 16, 2009, 09:03:38 PM
Danny,

I just didn't want to put anyone "on the spot" in case there's a flood of requests - if that was a possibility - taking the FG III home that is.

ricky
I know dude man! I guess I have no sense of humor :-(   Besides who in their right mind would not want to take it home if they knew it was ready and they were there lookiing at it, touching and playing it. Man it would be like the old wild west.
       "Ya cin hav ma git, win ya pry et owtta ma cold ded fangers mister Larvae"  No offense to anyone intended. Translation into canuck as well as yankee is available upon request.
                              deadpan, danny

Wow...just four weeks to go. I'm sure we're all fantasizing that OUR Forum III's will be ready that day.

Meanwhile, I love the suggestion of a jam/open mike, and would be pleased to offer up my home in East Van as a site, unless folks decide that a public venue is preferable - and there may well be some local watering holes who'd allow us to plug in to their PA system on a Monday night.

But for me there's nothing (well, almost nothing) more fun than a good old-fashioned go-round-the-circle living room jam.

Sunday night is also a possibility if that's better for most people, though I'd prefer Monday.

I guess some people might not be bringing guitars for logistical reasons. I'm happy to share mine...if you're left-handed heh heh.

Mike

Heh, folks Randy put a sticky on the list for us in another thread. So it will be easier to track who is or isn't going.

This is the list

1. Jim H   Trinity Guitars
2. Danny  dependan
3. Ricky    rpm61912
4. Dermot  dermot             d. has offered to help folks in Vancouver
5. John   Johnny37
6. Lynda   lyricgirl
7. Lynn   Tuffy the pug
8. Tad    Tadol             *Plus our three wives (Tad, ricky and me)and someone was bringing a guest also
9. Jordan  Jagidas
10. Ray  Safricanplayer
11. Mark  Larrivee4me
12. Michael   mrkillick
13. Matt    Photomat           Matt has offered hospitality in Lynnwood Wa. just north of Seattle
14. Norm    prof_stack
15. Darren     dazdarren
16. Mike   Vancouver Southpaw           I think Mike knows the area very well and offered his place to jam

This is the link to the list only thread, I'll check this one and update the other or if someone else wants to also, feel free to do so. The clearer we communicate now the less confusion later and more time to pick and grin.               http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=25641.0

Quote from: Vancouver Southpaw on February 16, 2009, 09:50:40 PM
Wow...just four weeks to go. I'm sure we're all fantasizing that OUR Forum III's will be ready that day.

Meanwhile, I love the suggestion of a jam/open mike, and would be pleased to offer up my home in East Van as a site, unless folks decide that a public venue is preferable - and there may well be some local watering holes who'd allow us to plug in to their PA system on a Monday night.

But for me there's nothing (well, almost nothing) more fun than a good old-fashioned go-round-the-circle living room jam.

Sunday night is also a possibility if that's better for most people, though I'd prefer Monday.

I guess some people might not be bringing guitars for logistical reasons. I'm happy to share mine...if you're left-handed heh heh.

Mike

Generous of you to offer up your home for a jam.   A hotel or watering hole would be fine too.  Anywhere that will allow us to all get together and play a few tunes for each other is all that is needed. 
Oh, and yeah,   I am a lefty but I'll probably bring along my own guitar anyhow.  I haven't had any problems flying with one before.

Tuffythepug

Quote from: tuffythepug on February 16, 2009, 10:19:08 PM
Generous of you to offer up your home for a jam.   A hotel or watering hole would be fine too.  Anywhere that will allow us to all get together and play a few tunes for each other is all that is needed. 
Oh, and yeah,   I am a lefty but I'll probably bring along my own guitar anyhow.  I haven't had any problems flying with one before.

Tuffythepug

Well, I figure it's safe as odds are most of you aren't any crazier than I am.

It would be great to host another lefty. Even if you bring your own, I'd love to hear my guitars played by someone else. I always seem to be sitting behind them while I'm listening.

Mike

Quote from: tuffythepug on February 16, 2009, 10:19:08 PM

Tuffythepug
Yea, besides I'm the only foumite to have seen your 000-50, so you get a chance to let it "shine".   (I figured that would be the one you would bring)
     My wife was a travel agent when I met her so she has started looking into lodging. She found one 3800 sq.ft. place with a bath in every bedroom and some with jacuzzis. But ya have to rent it for a week.  We'll keep looking and if others know of a nice place for a dozen folks or so to be in proximity to each other, post it and we can all consider it together.

I'm still trying to figure out if I can justify the factory tour.  I want to, but airfares are quite a bit higher than I expected. 

I'd be a little worried about getting my new FGIII across the border if I was take it home following the tour.  I'd wonder if US customs might slap duties or taxes on it.  Probaby cleaner to just let Larrivee ship them to Jim once they are ready and for Jim to ship them onward and deal with the paperwork of goods crossing the border.

Quote from: dazdarren on February 17, 2009, 01:14:33 AMI'd be a little worried about getting my new FGIII across the border if I was take it home following the tour.  I'd wonder if US customs might slap duties or taxes on it.  Probaby cleaner to just let Larrivee ship them to Jim once they are ready and for Jim to ship them onward and deal with the paperwork of goods crossing the border.

The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) between USA, Canada, and Mexico guarantees no duty fees or taxes for locally made products, including Larrivees.

I bought 3 guitars from the USA and only had to pay for our national sales tax (GST in Canada) and customs brokerage fees.

ricky

i have some guitars on hand... i am cool with any forum member (with a tiny bit of care)  playing any of them.....

This lot already have pick marks (or major mojo in some cases...) on them, so i'm not too fussed about taking them out and about;
'54 D18
'49 000-18
'61 Guild f20
'02 Martin custom shop 12 fret D (my "beater")
'32 Dobro

If we don't make music with them they are nothing but a pile of wood and wire....

;-)

d.