Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour of Larrivee Vancouver >>> IS March 16, 2009 <<<  (Read 82504 times)
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2009, 02:56:24 AM »

BREAKING NEWS....   well at least for me.
   I asked my wife to come with me and she agreed. We had a trip to Seattle and Vancouver Island 7 or 8 years ago and had a wonderful time.
              Plus if there is going to be an open mike I will need a kind sympathetic face to look into as I flub my lines and twang my way through a few tunes.
              Wouldn't it be so cool if we actually were playing our F-III's then. WOW.   I don't care who you are you gotta know that would be one special open mike.
                      So has anyone updated the list? I know more must be going than we are aware of. It would be good to have an Idea of how many and what dates you might be around. I know I have to spend some time with ricky my bro. But I'd also like to meet others and set a face to a name.
                      Tad is coming and said his wife is coming also, so that's two spouses now at least. I wish Tuffy could make this. All us "Grandpa's and Ma's" could sing along a little with him on "When Franke comes to town".

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2009, 04:20:35 AM »

my wife beth is talking about coming too.

but she would likely prefer to go shopping than tour a guitar factory.

then again she's full of surprises... Like buying me the OM40 for Valentine yesterday

while waiting for the FG3...& knowing about this trip.

we're driving the 12-hr road trip so might as well try to get that weekend off.

this is as good as it gets!

new friends, one of the finest guitars in the business, & spouses!

Yipee!  ricky

still charging my camera battery to take pics of my OM40.
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2009, 04:35:43 AM »

My wife and I will be flying into Seattle arriving noon Saturday, then driving up to Bellingham for Sat night. Plan then is to go to Vancouver Sunday, stay until Tuesday, then drive back to Seattle to catch a 2pm flight back to Oakland.

If we can offer anyone a ride, pls let me know.  If we know what hotel people will be trying to get into in Vancouver, we'll need a room.

And if someone is thinking about a nice side-trip planned for non-guitar playing spouses on Monday, my wife might wanna hear about it.

Looking very forward to this -

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2009, 04:49:53 AM »

My wife and I will be flying into Seattle arriving noon Saturday, then driving up to Bellingham for Sat night. Plan then is to go to Vancouver Sunday, stay until Tuesday, then drive back to Seattle to catch a 2pm flight back to Oakland.

If we can offer anyone a ride, pls let me know.  If we know what hotel people will be trying to get into in Vancouver, we'll need a room.

And if someone is thinking about a nice side-trip planned for non-guitar playing spouses on Monday, my wife might wanna hear about it.

Looking very forward to this -

Tad
  Tad my wife may be up to side trips, and as far as a ride back to Seattle we may take you up on that. Because I wanted to take the train on Thursday to Vancouver and then rent a car there, but we would need a way back to the Seattle Airport. Our flite leaves at about the same time.   I can talk to you tomorrow.
        ricky, glad your wife is coming too we all can get together somehow I'm sure.
                                               Danny

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2009, 04:59:50 AM »

I'm not getting to make the trip either. So I am looking for vicarious thrills. 

Does the Larrivee Factory have a gift shop? I know the Martin factory in Nazareth does.

If so, do they sell picture post cards? The reason I ask is that there is still time to send a little cash along with Danny. Maybe the FG III buyers who don't make the tour could be sent a postcard postmarked March 16 as a memento?

You know, just a little crumb under the table?  rolleye

Norman
  Norm I'll pick up something at the factory for you. (sawdust, wood chips, old ping tuners) you know something "special".    Really I'll try and stuff my coat pockets with what I can (LEGALLY)

johnny37

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2009, 07:55:38 AM »

For anyone driving up, make sure to fill the gas tank before you cross the border.  Gas in the Vancouver area right now is about $.98 per litre, or $3.78 per US gallon.  Even with the exchange rate, its still way cheaper to buy your fuel in the good old USA than here in Canada.  Taxes up here on fuel are ridiculous.

1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty 
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2009, 02:09:20 PM »

My itinerary is I fly into Vancouver on Friday night. I am in Vancouver until Tuesday morning when I fly home. If anybody can give me a lift to the factory tour that would be appreciated. Also, anybody that is going to be in Vancouver in advance of Monday morning who would like to get together let me know. I'm on my own there and will likely just wander around the city and see some of the sights, without a car though so I'm depending on public transit. Really looking forward to meeting you guys.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2009, 02:26:19 PM »

Norm I'll pick up something at the factory for you. (sawdust, wood chips, old ping tuners) you know something "special".    Really I'll try and stuff my coat pockets with what I can (LEGALLY)

If you see SN# 108548 (FIII #11) could you all gaze at it longingly for me? I want her to get used to it early on in her life.

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2009, 06:33:36 PM »

This just in..........

After spending the weekend talking to my lovely wife she has convinced me that if I don't make this trip Il'll regret it.  Maybe not today or tomorrow but soon and for the rest of my life..(She's a Casa Blanca fan)

So....................TUFFYTHEPUG IS IN !

I'll be making plans over the next few days.   Hope to see lots of you there.   

Tuffythepug
Trinity Guitars

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2009, 08:46:27 PM »

I have lost track,  Can we get another tally of who is going to the be there on the 16th.

Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2009, 08:50:13 PM »

If you see SN# 108548 (FIII #11) could you all gaze at it longingly for me? I want her to get used to it early on in her life.

If you see #108549 and it is finished, someone grab it and 'play the snot out of it' and post on the forum about it, so I can find out if it sounds as good as expected just as soon as possible!

Ben

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2009, 08:59:28 PM »

Tad & Danny... my wife loves to go shopping on West 4th Avenue.  Lots of quaint little shops there on the streets and the lifestyle in Vancouver is such that

there are lots and lots of cafes.

Also, a thing for the group to see maybe Granville Island which is just a few blocks east of West 4th Av and not too far from the Factory.

A cozy place for lunch for the whole group is "Martini's Restaurant" --- great calamari, generous servings, decent prices, different kinds of beer & wine.

My American friends... please fill up in Blaine, the border town before you cross the border - when I lived in Vancouver, I drove the 30miles to fill up in USA.

Oh yeah... get used to 50-60 Km/hr --- that's like 35-40 mi/hr...   You drive faster than that in the City of Vancouver; it will feel like your speeding.

Narrower and more congested streets... slower traffic... lots of stop and go.

It's a small city that has grown larger and more people per square mile... the highrise condos downtown is second only to NY in terms of density.

ricky
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2009, 09:42:45 PM »

1. Jim H
2. Danny
3. Ricky
4. Dermot
5. John
6. Lynda

I have a rough idea how I'm gonna make this fly (no pun intended), but not totally sure right now.

add 7.  Lynn  (T the P)
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2009, 09:47:05 PM »

add 7.  Lynn  (T the P)

I guess we should start calling you Lynn... sorry, I (we) got so used to referring to you as Mr. T or Tuffy in this Forum.

Glad you can make it... and Mrs. Tuffy too?  Ooops... there I go again.

ricky
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2009, 09:51:23 PM »

I guess we should start calling you Lynn... sorry, I (we) got so used to referring to you as Mr. T or Tuffy in this Forum.

Glad you can make it... and Mrs. Tuffy too?  Ooops... there I go again.

ricky

Sadly I'll be flying solo on this trip.   Mrs. Tuffythepug will not be able to make it.   crying
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2009, 10:46:31 PM »

I have lost track,  Can we get another tally of who is going to the be there on the 16th.

1. Jim H
2. Danny
3. Ricky
4. Dermot
5. John
6. Lynda
7. Lynn
8. Tad                                 
            And several locals (Seattle and Vancouver) and I believe a few more that have said they were coming.

rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2009, 11:05:04 PM »

1. Jim H
2. Danny
3. Ricky
4. Dermot
5. John
6. Lynda
7. Lynn
8. Tad                                 
            And several locals (Seattle and Vancouver) and I believe a few more that have said they were coming.

Danny,  except for Dermot & John, I'm familiar with everyone else's Forum Id on the list.

I'm sure I've seen their (Dermot & John) Forum Login Ids before - but can't connect them in my mind at this point. No offense. Just a slow brain when it comes to names.

May I suggest we include the Forum Ids too, please?

ricky
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2009, 11:06:10 PM »

This just in..........

After spending the weekend talking to my lovely wife she has convinced me that if I don't make this trip Il'll regret it.  Maybe not today or tomorrow but soon and for the rest of my life..(She's a Casa Blanca fan)

So....................TUFFYTHEPUG IS IN !

I'll be making plans over the next few days.   Hope to see lots of you there.  

Tuffythepug

I am SO stoked that you're gonna be there Lynn. I too kept feeling that I would regret if I weren't there.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
photomat

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2009, 12:15:32 AM »

1. Jim H
2. Danny
3. Ricky
4. Dermot
5. John
6. Lynda
7. Lynn
8. Tad                                 

Add Photomat and possible guest and Larrivee owner DaveG (Both from Seattle)

FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String
johnny37

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2009, 12:40:37 AM »

John is johhny37, forum git #68.  And I wouldn't miss this for anything.

1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty 
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string
Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: