Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour of Larrivee Vancouver >>> IS March 16, 2009 <<<  (Read 82534 times)
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2009, 09:50:03 PM »

news from Jim Holler:

I just spoke to John Jr Larrivee. He will be emailing some info to me about hotels and a place for us to grab some lunch. I will be staying with him and will be at the Larrivee shop in the morning when he heads there. I think a plan to gather at 10 Am for a meet and greet. see some of the forum guitars and then grab lunch. After lunch go on the tour of the shop.     

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2009, 10:46:24 PM »

Excellent news Randy. As I have never been there and have no idea of the lay of the land, I need someone's help in figuring out where I'm gonna stay.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: February 13, 2009, 11:02:33 PM »

10AM start means for all practical purposes that we need to be in town overnight.  So lodging options are next up.

Sounds like a good plan.

Play it daily for best results.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: February 13, 2009, 11:08:24 PM »

10AM start means for all practical purposes that we need to be in town overnight.  So lodging options are next up.

Sounds like a good plan.
   DOES THIS MEAN THE TRAIN ARRIVES LATER. Sorry I hit the cap locks.  I finaly booked a flite and I wanted to try that train ride from Seattle. I'm coming in Weds. evening so I'll have time to do the train ride and meet lots of folks and do some cool things. I may even bring my 00 because SouthWest Airlines is people and guitar friendly.
               So look out....here I come.      Danny

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2009, 11:10:29 PM »

SO happy that you're going Danny.

prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2009, 11:32:56 PM »

The AMTRAK train (and not bus) arrives around 11:45 and then there's Canadian customs to clear, which usually doesn't take long.  So, arriving Sunday the 15th (or earlier) makes more sense.

Play it daily for best results.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2009, 11:37:37 PM »

The AMTRAK train (and not bus) arrives around 11:45 and then there's Canadian customs to clear, which usually doesn't take long.  So, arriving Sunday the 15th (or earlier) makes more sense.
Gotcha, So now I need to figure out where to rent a car. Probably in Canada.

lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2009, 11:39:50 PM »

Just curious, just who all is going to be in Vancouver before Monday. I'm planning on flying in on Saturday morning and would love to meet as many of you in advance of Monday morning.

es-335

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2009, 11:43:25 PM »

If I still lived in Langley(45min from downtown Vancity)...

I'd invite all of you to stay at my place.... So... next time we do the forum guitar again.. Let's make sure I live near by....

Jeffrey

Trinity Guitars

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2009, 12:30:12 AM »

Group,  The 10 AM is just an informal gathering time as a starting point. It can be adjusted. Lets try to find out details of arrival times and if need be we can move the time. It is going to be laid back and informal so it is OK if people arrive at different times. Is there a time for the train?  I am hoping we can find a place for the evening and have an open mic./ jam! Who is in for that?
Jim Holler

Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2009, 02:27:06 AM »

Group,  The 10 AM is just an informal gathering time as a starting point. It can be adjusted. Lets try to find out details of arrival times and if need be we can move the time. It is going to be laid back and informal so it is OK if people arrive at different times. Is there a time for the train?  I am hoping we can find a place for the evening and have an open mic./ jam! Who is in for that?
Jim Holler

Jim,

Wanted to say that you're the greatest for organizing all of this. As for the jam, as long as I can listen to you guys, I'll be there, but don't expect me to participate. 

lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: February 14, 2009, 03:33:13 AM »

Ok folks, I'm in. Just booked my flights and it cost me about $100 more than it should have a couple of days ago. I'm in Vancouver from Friday night and fly home at 12:00 on March 17. Would love to connect with others during the weekend. Let me know.

This is gonna be a blast. I am SO stoked.

limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: February 14, 2009, 07:36:14 AM »

Ugh. I just found out I'll be in Cincinnati on business for this.  crying

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2009, 07:38:19 AM »

Great job Jim !!!  Thanks for organizing this.   What was a nice thought/dream is becoming a reality.

This is my first and only Forum (and my experience has been so positive) - I can't believe I get to see my Forum family.

Wooohoooo !!!   But first, I got figure out whether I fly in a jet or drive the lil jetta (in which case, I may just have room for my OO).

But first, I must either book a flight... or take a Sunday off if we're driving.

If I can't bring any git for this trip, I wonder if the Factory sells some nice gits at staff discount price?  Wouldn't that be sweet?  

Down boy, down!

ricky
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2009, 07:40:42 AM »

I am hoping we can find a place for the evening and have an open mic./ jam! Who is in for that?
Jim Holler

Did anyone mention "jam"?  Ok... I'll bring the peanut butter.

For the fun of it... why not?

ricky
Trinity Guitars

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2009, 12:27:37 PM »

Jim
Big difference between "Bar-car"  and "Box-car"   
  So there is. All this talk about trains got me going. Still would be cool to play in a moving box car.

Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2009, 05:23:33 PM »

Ugh. I just found out I'll be in Cincinnati on business for this.  crying

Don't cry...I'll be in Raleigh on business....same as every other day!

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
GeeNorm

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2009, 07:16:25 PM »

I'm not getting to make the trip either. So I am looking for vicarious thrills. 

Does the Larrivee Factory have a gift shop? I know the Martin factory in Nazareth does.

If so, do they sell picture post cards? The reason I ask is that there is still time to send a little cash along with Danny. Maybe the FG III buyers who don't make the tour could be sent a postcard postmarked March 16 as a memento?

You know, just a little crumb under the table?  rolleye

Norman

Larrivee LSV-11E, LV-10E, Limited Edition D-03 IS/MH
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5 bass, Ovation 12-string
{GASSING for RS-4}
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2009, 11:14:04 PM »

I'm not getting to make the trip either. So I am looking for vicarious thrills. 

Does the Larrivee Factory have a gift shop? I know the Martin factory in Nazareth does.

If so, do they sell picture post cards? The reason I ask is that there is still time to send a little cash along with Danny. Maybe the FG III buyers who don't make the tour could be sent a postcard postmarked March 16 as a memento?

You know, just a little crumb under the table?  rolleye

Norman

Maybe someone could organize all of their photos on a free flickr account for the rest of us who missed it and those who want mementos.

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2009, 11:16:29 PM »

Maybe someone could organize all of their photos on a free flickr account for the rest of us who missed it and those who want mementos.

I'll take a bunch and share the ones that come out decent.

Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: