Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour of Larrivee Vancouver >>> IS March 16, 2009 <<<  (Read 85399 times)
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2009, 02:48:00 AM »

As much as I would love to see Seattle, it's gonna cost me far more to fly there.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2009, 02:53:11 AM »

As much as I would love to see Seattle, it's gonna cost me far more to fly there.
                That would not make sense for you Linda. And my costs have gone up since earlier today, so I may fly straight into Vancouver now. It's a little hard to arrange this stuff quickly, but I think it will turn out all right.
                                 Danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
dermot

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2009, 03:54:07 AM »

If i can do anything for anyone, just ask... I'm at home in Vancouver for the next few weeks

d.

dermot.shane AT gmail DOT com
photomat

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2009, 04:37:58 AM »

I Live in Lynnwood, WA  (just north of Seattle) and I am planning on going.  Folks could stay at our home if they like (we have two extra rooms at least!)

I am planning on driving up the morning of.

PM or email if you are interested.

Matt

FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2009, 05:36:13 AM »

For those coming to Seattle en route to Vancouver, consider taking the Amtrak.  Beautiful and relaxing ride to BC and not that far from the factory when you arrive at the depot.  I think there are a couple bus options to the Larrivee factory, but those in the know should chime in here. 

I would love to come but my teaching and Spring soccer coaching duties will make it about impossible during that time.  Last summer my family had a nice stay in Vancouver.

Play it daily for best results.
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2009, 10:01:47 AM »

I'm wondering if we should start a list of people who are going?

1. Jim H
2. Danny
3. ricky

Others please add your name here.

Would it be better to have a locked thread with a name list for Factory Tour?    Randy and others, what do you think?

This way, we can tell who's all going at one glance.

ricky
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2009, 05:03:21 PM »

1. Jim H
2. Danny
3. ricky

Others please add your name here.

Would it be better to have a locked thread with a name list for Factory Tour?    Randy and others, what do you think?

This way, we can tell who's all going at one glance.

ricky

I think this post should be copied and put back on top of this thread  by anyone planning on attending.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
dermot

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2009, 05:36:50 PM »

1. Jim H
2. Danny
3. ricky

4. Dermot
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2009, 05:39:41 PM »

Well - I am definitely flying into Seattle - its less than half the cost of flying into Vancouver. I would love to take the train from Seattle to Vancouver, and the Amtrak site shows a train route, but only offers bus service. I do not want to take an Amtrak bus -

So I would like to coordinate with anyone else in Seattle to get up to Vancouver. I can probably stay with an uncle in Bellingham, but am open to other options. We could rent a car, or ?

I would probably want to fly in on Saturday or Sunday, and then fly back out on Tuesday. But if we can find inexpensive hotel rooms, I may take an extra day in Vancouver to see the city, and check out a few music stores -

If this works with anyone else, PM or email me and we can work out details -

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2009, 07:47:28 PM »

Well - I am definitely flying into Seattle - its less than half the cost of flying into Vancouver. I would love to take the train from Seattle to Vancouver, and the Amtrak site shows a train route, but only offers bus service. I do not want to take an Amtrak bus -

So I would like to coordinate with anyone else in Seattle to get up to Vancouver. I can probably stay with an uncle in Bellingham, but am open to other options. We could rent a car, or ?

I would probably want to fly in on Saturday or Sunday, and then fly back out on Tuesday. But if we can find inexpensive hotel rooms, I may take an extra day in Vancouver to see the city, and check out a few music stores -

If this works with anyone else, PM or email me and we can work out details -     Tad

Interesting, I thought the Seattle to Vancouver train was year 'round.  Are you sure you checked all the options on the Amtrak schedule?  I agree that an Amtrak bus is not a preferred option.

prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2009, 08:01:29 PM »

The Amtrak TRAIN leaves Seattle at 7:40AM March 16 and arrives in Vancouver at 11:35AM.  The other trips that day are on Amtrak BUS.

Both end up at the train/bus depot.

Trinity Guitars

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2009, 08:07:23 PM »

If you plan to rent a car in Washington State make sure you ask about the taxes. The last time I rented about 8 years ago there was a 27% sales tax. Huge! I was not pleased that the rental company had not told me about this ahead of time as I could have made different plans for the ground transportation.

Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com
prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2009, 08:22:42 PM »

If you plan to rent a car in Washington State make sure you ask about the taxes. The last time I rented about 8 years ago there was a 27% sales tax. Huge! I was not pleased that the rental company had not told me about this ahead of time as I could have made different plans for the ground transportation.
Yeah, welcome to the land of "Queen Christine" (Gregoire, gov).  With the dems in control of the state house and senate, everyone gets to help the budget in more ways than ever.  Oops, sorry for the politics.

BIG advantage in catching the train is the no-hassle ease of crossing the border and getting through customs.  I recommend it.

johnny37

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2009, 02:35:32 AM »

1. Jim H
2. Danny
3. ricky
4. Dermot
johnny37 (John)  I'm definitely in.  Maybe mine will be ready then?  I can only hope.

1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty 
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string
dazdarren

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2009, 06:32:18 AM »

Do we know what time the tour starts and ends on the 16th?  I dont know yet if I can go but I'm hoping to swing it.
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2009, 03:42:34 PM »

1. Jim H
2. Danny
3. Ricky
4. Dermot
5. John
6. Lynda

I have a rough idea how I'm gonna make this fly (no pun intended), but not totally sure right now.

lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2009, 05:15:03 PM »

I know what it feels like to be a travel agent now. I have tried so many angles to make the connections and price be  something that works best for the group going (which is larger than the list I believe) and for me.
    My wife tells me to take more time and visit folks we know in Seattle and Vancouver, but the flites would put me there on Friday and I would leave on Tuesday, from Seattle. The cost is about the same for that flite as just flying in to Vancouver.
    So I don't know what I will end up doing. It's becoming so frustrating that I just give up and then check back again the next time and prices are higher and less flites available.
                                 Anyway, I'll keep trying to work it out.

Dan,

Not sure about there, but the 16th is during March Break and therefore for me, I'm paying more. That may also be translating to you, not sure. I would like to fly on the Friday night, but that's March break hell here so the airport is gonna be bananas. I also have the choice of only two airlines that fly Toronto-Vancouver, so I'm really limited. Not sure what I'm gonna do yet.

lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2009, 05:42:57 PM »

Yes, if it were any other week in March it would cost less.

tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2009, 06:29:42 PM »

1. Jim H
2. Danny
3. Ricky
4. Dermot
5. John
6. Lynda

7. Tad

tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2009, 01:24:23 AM »

Hey Danny -

Its not booked yet - but I have decided I am going to be there, and am trying to convince my wife to come along as well.

But after dragging her to a few hardware conventions, well, lets just say we have agreed to disagree on our concepts of "Fun".

I still think this one really will be fun, even for her -   

Tad

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: