Tour of Larrivee Vancouver >>> IS March 16, 2009 <<<

Started by Randy_R, February 04, 2009, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm writing a song about the F-III using John Prine's tune Angel from Montgomery.
                                                 CHOURUS
                          "Make me a guitar that plays like butter
                           make me a Larrivee that I'll call my own
                           Just give me the one git that I can hold on to
                           I BELIEVE THAT THEY DID IT & I WON'T LET IT GO! "

(I do have verses in the works also)

apologies to "Mr. John Prine"
danny

I'm sure it will take me a long time to read this thread thoroughly. I'm sure a lot of us wish we'd have been there. Looks like a lot of fun and it looks like the FIII is a great guitar--actually, many great guitars. If anyone wants to trade a lefty version for the L-03RE I'm selling, let me know.
Thanks to all for sharing the experiences and the photos. Your enthusiasm and your joy comes across.

leftynyc
you might want to contact Jim Holler.  I'm almost positive that there was an extra lefty made by mistake.  Rosewood I believe.   I briefly considered taking it myself along with my all hog. Anyhow you might be able to work out a deal with him that would involve a trade-in or something.  Worth a shot.

Quote from: BenF on March 18, 2009, 11:59:13 AM
Someone has to explain what Danny's tuning issue was.  C'mon!!!!
OK, as I was putting the "A" string on people had began to notice what I was up to, (thus this pic below was taken) Several walked in and asked me what I was doing, including John Jr. I thought is was evident what I was doing, but being a polite person, most of the time I stopped what I was doing and explained the process.
          Well, somewhere in there, I put on 2 "A'' strings instead of a "G". Jeremy tried to help, but Ed came over and spotted the error immediately. Edwin is very sharp and very fast. I'll eventually post a picture story of him completing my guitar. I had met Ed last Friday so I already knew him a little on Monday morning.
                 So that's what happened with the strings.
danny

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: BenF on March 17, 2009, 04:18:14 AM
Ricky just sent me these: -

Pic 1 is Danny with guitar #1 :nice guitar:
Pic 2 is Danny and Lynn with their Forum Gits :nice guitar: :nice guitar:
Pic 3 is Lynda holding MY FORUM GIT  WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!! :nice guitar: if I do say so myself.

Thank you Ricky/Lynda/Danny/Tuffy and everyone else.

I love looking at these pictures.  Most notable to me was that the picture of Danny and Tuffy with their guitars made the gits look really small, proportionally speaking.  Then you scroll down to Lynda and the thing looks enormous.  Congratulations to everyone for having a great time, having made great friends and ending up with beautiful guitars.  Thanks for sharing the pictures and happiness.

Quote from: ryler on March 18, 2009, 05:29:27 PM
I love looking at these pictures.  Most notable to me was that the picture of Danny and Tuffy with their guitars made the gits look really small, proportionally speaking.  Then you scroll down to Lynda and the thing looks enormous.  Congratulations to everyone for having a great time, having made great friends and ending up with beautiful guitars.  Thanks for sharing the pictures and happiness.

ryler
Yes it's all a proportional thing.     Looks can be deceiving.   Most people wouldn't know that Lynda is only 3' 10" tall.  this is a jumbo to her.   :roll

OK one other thought just occured to me.   for those who haven't felt or played their fourm III yet.

It is a delight to all the senses. 

1. It feels wonderful.  not just the comfortable size but the finish on the frets is better than my other 3 Larrivees.  I asked Jeremy about that.  He got a big smile on his face and he told me that everyone, including him, gave it their best effort and put in a little extra at every phase of this build.  He did the frets himsefl so he was very pleased that I noticed.  You will too.

2.  my all hog looks like cinnamon and smells like vanilla and sounds like heaven

You can appreciate this guitar with your fingers, eyes, nose and ears.   

One other thing.    It's difficult, if not impossible for an event like this to live up to advance hype.  Usually you are just setting yourself up for dissapointment when you are expecting such great things from a guitar or an event.   This was the exception where the reality exceeded the hype in every way.

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 18, 2009, 06:03:11 PM
OK one other thought just occured to me.   for those who haven't felt or played their fourm III yet.

1. It feels wonderful.  not just the comfortable size but the finish on the frets is better than my other 3 Larrivees.  I asked Jeremy about that.  He got a big smile on his face and he told me that everyone, including him, gave it their best effort and put in a little extra at every phase of this build.  He did the frets himsefl so he was very pleased that I noticed.  You will too.

2.  my all hog looks like cinnamon and smells like vanilla and sounds like heaven

One other thing.    It's difficult, if not impossible for an event like this to live up to advance hype.  Usually you are just setting yourself up for dissapointment when you are expecting such great things from a guitar or an event.   This was the exception where the reality exceeded the hype in every way.

"Ditto" to every word , especially the frets, Jeremy did a great job.

Also the case smells real nice, kinda like candy.

How come so many pictures are backwards??

Looks like a great time was had by all.
Shad
====
Help is on the way. A government team of experts Is a'rushin' to your aid... --Stephen Stills

Martin 000-18GE
Weber Diamondback Custom
LP R9
PRS MC58
PRS DGT LTD

It was so weird being in a room outnumbered by lefties.  I even said out loud I need to go to the guitar shop and look at all two or three of the righties on the wall!

I also think lefties are less shy about belting out a tune or two or three ... or four.........etc......  :smile:
FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

Although not a member of the FIII group, it has been great fun reading all the posts and looking at the pictures over the past few months.

Glad it all turned out so well!

I'm starting to think about Forum Four [ F2 ]      :)

Al

Great to hear the extra care put into the frets.  The quality of fret work has been my only problem with Larrivees in the past. 

Glad y'all had a good time.  Can't wait for mine!

Adam

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 18, 2009, 06:03:11 PM
OK one other thought just occured to me.   for those who haven't felt or played their fourm III yet.

One other thing.    It's difficult, if not impossible for an event like this to live up to advance hype.  Usually you are just setting yourself up for dissapointment when you are expecting such great things from a guitar or an event.   This was the exception where the reality exceeded the hype in every way.

Thanks everyone on the trip for all your wonderful thoughts and experiences, keep them coming!  I, like about 70 other F3 owners, really wanted to make this trip.  What has been described by everyone involved in this event, the get together, the jamming, the tour, all of it.... played out exactly as I imagined it would...I'm green with envy and wish I could have been a part of it and have a chance to meet you all.  This board is special and I hope we can all have a reason to come together and meet again.

NOW SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW AWESOME THE ROSEWOOD F3 SOUNDED!!  Tuffy, never got your PM.
:cheers
bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte

Quote from: ryler on March 18, 2009, 05:29:27 PM

Ryler, I'm only 5' 4" with short arms and little hands, so yes, it seems enormous on me. LOL
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 18, 2009, 05:34:48 PM
ryler
Yes it's all a proportional thing.     Looks can be deceiving.   Most people wouldn't know that Lynda is only 3' 10" tall.  this is a jumbo to her.   :roll

LOL! Lynn, you made me laugh! Folks, I'm really 5'4"!

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 18, 2009, 05:34:48 PM
ryler
Yes it's all a proportional thing.     Looks can be deceiving.   Most people wouldn't know that Lynda is only 3' 10" tall.  this is a jumbo to her.   :roll

My wife was looking at the photo of me playing my new guitar right after it was ready, and she said, my that is so much smaller than your others.  Then she looked at Lynda's and Ricky's and asked if they ordered one in a different size.  I said they were one size fits all, but we are all different sizes.
FIII M/IS

Quote from: photomat on March 18, 2009, 09:23:38 PM
My wife was looking at the photo of me playing my new guitar right after it was ready, and she said, my that is so much smaller than your others.  Then she looked at Lynda's and Ricky's and asked if they ordered one in a different size.  I said they were one size fits all, but we are all different sizes.

OK, enough about my stature, or lack there of! LOL

Tuffy, Thanks for posting the photos.  It was great to meet  you and you have a fantastic new guitar.  I was sitting on the couch right next to you and could not get over how great the all hog guitar sounded. 

Welcome home

Matt

FIII M/IS

Hey Matt

I heard you comment on my hogtop when I was sitting there next to you.  I wasn't playing it hard at all and it just rang out.  I'm real pleased.   When do you expect to get yours ?    I guess Jim is going to do the set up for you etc.   I bet you're getting anxious.   I know you played yours at the shop.  I guess it must have been hard to leave it behind.    And thanks for taking all the great shots and providing the link.   I just got through putting all my shots on a CD with a HP memories disk program that has me playing a little bit as background music to a slideshow of the pics.   I thought that would be a good way to share with friends and familiy and we can watch in on the tv through the dvd player.
So glad to have met you and to have shared this big event with you.