C-19 INFO?

Started by LEE, February 04, 2009, 02:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi - I'm looking at possibly purchasing a used C-19 and was wondering if anyone out there has one and would like to comment on it? This would be my 1st high end guitar and I'm doing all the research I can before letting go of the cash. I believe they're   between a C-09 and a C-10, but Larrivee doesn't make them anymore and they referred my questions here. Also photos for comparison would be great! :?
Thanks,
Lee   

Try doing a search for the C-19 , OM-19, LV-19 or L-19. There has been discussion on this before.

Try This.
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

G'day Lee, if you are interested in a second hand C-19, go to Randy-R's web page, he might have some on offer.Cheers
fongie

Just a guess but I think these were mainly pre 1998? The 09's had a fancy rosette and gloss finish.  The 19's added fretboard inlay and headstock inlay.  The 10's  added inlay to the body binding and bridge. Beyond that you could get one with Wendy Larrivee's beautiful headstock figures.  Here's an old thread that features many of her headstock inlays.
http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=20038.0

This is an OM-19  but the torch fret markers and headstock inlay should be very similar.

Lee, is this an online purchase or can you inspect the guitar in person?   Be aware that both 1 11/16 and 1 3/4 nuts were used so measure to be sure.  Other than the usual things to look for in an older guitar like neck angle, low humidity issues etc.  I've been very happy with the older Larrivee's I've owned.  Here's a pic of a C-09 from the late 1990's.  Notice the rosewood body binding rather than the maple used today.  I should have kept this one. DUH!

Nice photo's

Oh, and where are my manners.   :welcome: to the Forum
Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"

Hey Lav.4me, great pics, man. I've just received my C-09 today from the States via the customs, thanks for the info. regarding the binding. I've got maple bindings, but my C-09 seems to be a older model. I quite like the maple binding it gives that bling look, I'm very impressed. But thanks again man
Cheers
fongie  :donut :donut :donut

Thanks to everyone for all the info!! One last request, I know that talk of pricing is frowned upon in the forum but if anyone can contact me personally w/ a fair price range (USD) for a C-19 in excellent condition I'd appreciate it. It's difficult to find anything on ebay and impossible in my 2007 price guide. Thanks again for all the response.

Lee :smile:   

I'm not familiar with the pricing on this, but just wanted to let you know that the discussion of used pricing is OK.
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

Here are a few pics of my C19.  I bought it new in 1991.  Its a lefty though!

1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty
Form 3 #52  LS03 all mahogany lefty
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string

That's nice Johnny!!   Also very cool to be the original owner of such a nice old Larrivee and had the pleasure of playing it all these years.    :thumb 
  I wish I'd discovered them sooner.

Hey, on that lefty C-19, that eagle looks to be flying backwards  :roll     Seriously, nice guitar!   :nice guitar:  I want a C guiitar for my next Larrivee. 

D-02E