Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Phish Halloween cover shows  (Read 333 times)
pennerblue

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2009, 02:51:17 AM »

I like Phish...don't call myself a PhishHead or anything like that, but I do think they make some cool music.

I just found out about their crazy Halloween shows where they do entire sets of other albums:
Beatles White Album, Velvet Underground Loaded, The Who Quadrophenia and The Heads Remain in Light.

Love em or leave em, that's insane for them to learn hours of music for a single show.

I'm sure some purist fans of the covered bands might despise these.  I also imagine some purists PhishHeads would despise these.

Anybody out there familiar with them?  I'm thinking of getting the 1995 Quadrophenia show...and maybe Loaded...and well...maybe Remain in Light too.  Somehow, I imagine that I personally wouldn't like their take on the White Album.

P

Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

“Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it’s more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique.”
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Blue in VT
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 04:26:31 PM »

I've heard a number of them and frankly wasn't too impressed...there are kinda fun for a few songs but loose their punch after that...they are never as good as the original and they arn't phish either...glad they only did it once a year!  The White Album in particular annoyed me....as do most Beatles covers...

And this is from a significant Phis head....not full fledged but I did wade theough knee deep show to attend their last concert....they it seems they are reforming for a new tour this spring!

to each there own...

Cheers,

Blue

OM-05MT "Mary Helen"
Silvercreek T-170
Harmony Herd (1203, 162, 165, 6362)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: