Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait

Started by Randy_R, January 16, 2009, 09:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I traded emails with Jim this morning and gave him my work address.  If they were to deliver it to my house, I would probably have to wait an extra day.  I wouldn't be home so whomaever Larrivee is using for the direct ship would have to leave me a delivery notice and I'd go the next day.  If I have it shipped to my work address, it arrives, and I get it!  I would love for them to ship today and to get the guitar on Friday...that would rock!

Quote from: Denis on March 23, 2009, 08:58:57 AM
I traded emails with Jim this morning and gave him my work address.  If they were to deliver it to my house, I would probably have to wait an extra day.  I wouldn't be home so whomaever Larrivee is using for the direct ship would have to leave me a delivery notice and I'd go the next day.  If I have it shipped to my work address, it arrives, and I get it!  I would love for them to ship today and to get the guitar on Friday...that would rock!

Denis,

Apparently they ship UPS. My experiences with UPS is they will just leave the item at your door.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

Quote from: lyric_girl on March 23, 2009, 09:15:01 AM
Denis,

Apparently they ship UPS. My experiences with UPS is they will just leave the item at your door.

Guitar Adoptions shipped my OO-50 to my house and when I wasn't there, they'd left me a delivery notice.  Then I made arrangements to go pick it up on my way to work. 

UPS stops by my office daily so I hope it gets here quicker this way...if they give me a tracking number, then I can follow its progress too...

Just paid the GST (Goods and Services Tax for those non-Canucks) and my guitar will be shipped out when it's ready. To confirm, the shipping method for Canadian addresses is definitely UPS and you may need to ask them to email you the tracking number. GST receipts will be included in the shipping box. My understanding is that we will need to contact Jim to get our guitar invoices and hats.

By the way, expect a further batch of guitars to be done in the next day or two.

Wow, it's all coming together.
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Just an update....

My guitar got shipped out on Friday.  Denika just sent me an email a few minutes ago with the UPS tracking number.  They definately use UPS within Canada.  Its doesn't show a delivery date yet but given that Toronto is a major hub for UPS, I'd expect it to arrive in the next day or so. 

I'm getting very excited...

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Been on vacation for a couple of weeks with no computer, and it's great to see how far things have come since I left.  Getting excited myself!

Quote from: Jagadis on March 23, 2009, 11:46:30 AM
Just an update....

My guitar got shipped out on Friday.  Denika just sent me an email a few minutes ago with the UPS tracking number.  They definately use UPS within Canada.  Its doesn't show a delivery date yet but given that Toronto is a major hub for UPS, I'd expect it to arrive in the next day or so. 

I'm getting very excited...

Jordan.

Get yer camera ready!

Quote from: dependan on March 23, 2009, 03:46:39 PM
  Get yer camera ready!

Not to worry.  I'm going to be the first person to take "unboxing pictures" when the baby arrives.  There will be pictures of the UPS truck, the driver, the box, the shipping label...the guitar.  Stay tuned.

Can you tell the wait is driving me crazy???   :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst

Quote from: Jagadis on March 23, 2009, 03:58:58 PM
Not to worry.  I'm going to be the first person to take "unboxing pictures" when the baby arrives.  There will be pictures of the UPS truck, the driver, the box, the shipping label...the guitar.  Stay tuned.

Can you tell the wait is driving me crazy???   :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Jordan.

I have to wait until my wife is present to take pictures when I get mine, so you can see pics of the UPS van, the delivery guy, the box, the case and then BenF passed out on the floor from the excitement!

Looking forward to seeing more guitars as they get delivered over the coming weeks.  I was planning on my forum guitar being delivered being my 1000th post, but there is no way I can contain myself that long!
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF

Shipping update. 16 guitars shipped today. It takes 8 to 10 business days for delivery from BC to me. I do not know which ones shipped. Some are likely the silver oak and Bubinga John and I picked out when I was there. The rest will be forum III guitars. If I have your set up info already and you have paid for your guitar you do not need to do anything. Once your guitar arrives here I will let you know by email or phone. I will be able to set up 5 or 6 guitars a day and ship them to you. If you have not paid in full yet you can do that any time. If your guitar arrives before your payment I will notify you that it is here and set it aside until it is paid for. I expect now to have a batch of guitars shipping every week. I will do my best to keep up and turn them around to you as fast as I can while maintaining high quality work on the set ups.
 For you Canadian folks. I have started to pack up and ship your hats and sales receipts.

I am going to need a vacation when this is over.    Lets see....... where can I go and get away with my Forum III guitar to learn so new tunes?

Jim Holler
Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com

Quote from: Trinity Guitars on March 23, 2009, 04:06:20 PM
I am going to need a vacation when this is over.    Lets see....... where can I go and get away with my Forum III guitar to learn so new tunes?

Jim Holler

Go to Vancouver!

good luck Jim...hang in there until the rush is over...
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

For you Canadian folks. I have started to pack up and ship your hats and sales receipts.

Jim Holler

Thanks Jim for the update!  Don't forget to include some picks for those who were not in vancouver.  I passed them out at the tour for those present.

Thanks

Matt

FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String

Jim Holler

Jim-

You could come to Wisconsin for vacation.  Lots of cheese and beer (great biking too).  Then you could just drop me FIII off at my house and I wouldn't have to worry about shipping damage (like the last one that I bought off of eBay). :wink:
Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

"Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it's more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique."
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Shipping update. 16 guitars shipped today. It takes 8 to 10 business days for delivery from BC to me. I do not know which ones shipped. Some are likely the silver oak and Bubinga John and I picked out when I was there. The rest will be forum III guitars. If I have your set up info already and you have paid for your guitar you do not need to do anything. Once your guitar arrives here I will let you know by email or phone. I will be able to set up 5 or 6 guitars a day and ship them to you. If you have not paid in full yet you can do that any time. If your guitar arrives before your payment I will notify you that it is here and set it aside until it is paid for. I expect now to have a batch of guitars shipping every week. I will do my best to keep up and turn them around to you as fast as I can while maintaining high quality work on the set ups.

Jim Holler

Thanks for the update about the hats and the receipt!

You should take your daughter, your FIII, and yourself to Italy to pick out some of that fine pale wood for your next Gallagher hybrid.
Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 22, 2009, 11:01:08 PM
The value of my guitar cannot be measured in how many dollars it cost me.   You can't buy a story like this with all the money in the world.  And now it's mine and yours to tell and to enjoy forever.

Lynn,

You should be a writer man! Oh, wait, you are already. Have you ever considered writing books? I'd buy your books and you'd be one of my favorite authors. It's a delight to read your posts. I don't know how anyone can express our feelings about this whole FG III experience any better than you just did and are still doing.

Dollar for dollar, paying Canadian bucks for our FG III makes for a hefty purchase. But, I hardly think about the price.

When I hold my FG III, the smell, the feel, the sweet sweet sound, the deep bass, the mids, the highs, the cutaway, the maple binding in contrast to the dark rosewood, the creamy top... it's all I could ever ask for in a guitar.

Then, the FG III becomes priceless, when I think of all the people and the many friends who thought of, designed, produced this very special guitar. We got treated to a grand tour of the Factory and walked out with our guitars and jammed together playing our gits after.

ricky

Quote from: BenF on March 23, 2009, 04:14:23 AM
There is a thread on the AGF just now about 'what makes a lifer', a guitar that you would never sell.  I think Larivee have found the magic recipe, and have just made 78 of them!

Ben, I think at some point in the FG III discussion, it was dubbed "my growing old guitar".

You know how much I was raving about my OM-40? I became happier with it when I changed from Cleartone lights to Elixir Mediums. Now I want to switch to D'addario phosphor bronze (lights) to check if it (OM-40) would be as clear and as articulate as my FG III.

The FG III guitar in any wood combo is a keeper!

ricky

Quote from: dependan on March 23, 2009, 06:50:47 AM
   Ben I think the "Forum" helped a little with the formula :winkin:

Danny,

I thought I'd log on to the Forum tonight to specifically thank you, Tad and Tuffy for what the world now knows as the Forum Guitar III.

I believe this guitar sounds incredibly sweet and does all what I want it to do because of the Italian Spruce. If there is one physical material that makes this git so very special, it would have to be the IS and the availability of the South American mahogany.

Of course, it had to be 4" deep - even though I don't have any shoulder issues at this point, now, I shun away from guitars that are more than 4" deep.

Then, Tad dubbed the nomenclature, LSV-03 === which is exactly what I ordered in the original recipe wood combo - rosewood/IS.

Finally, we got ourselves the Tuffy-fret-to-the-body.

Thank You my Forum Friends.     
Thank you Jim H.   
Thank you John Jr. and your fine factory crew who put so much care in building our dream guitar - the guitar I've always wanted..

ricky

Ooooo, silver oak and bubinga you say? The Bubinga I bought from Jim just continues to amaze me. It really has a tone all it's own, none of that 'between this or that. It has a very organic, woody, dry sort of tone and then the midrange kicks in. Heaven,

holly
"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
Handmade soap and stuff.

Quote from: rpm60912 on March 24, 2009, 01:08:20 AM
Danny,

I thought I'd log on to the Forum tonight to specifically thank you, Tad and Tuffy for what the world now knows as the Forum Guitar III.

I believe this guitar sounds incredibly sweet and does all what I want it to do because of the Italian Spruce. If there is one physical material that makes this git so very special, it would have to be the IS and the availability of the South American mahogany.

Of course, it had to be 4" deep - even though I don't have any shoulder issues at this point, now, I shun away from guitars that are more than 4" deep.

Then, Tad dubbed the nomenclature, LSV-03 === which is exactly what I ordered in the original recipe wood combo - rosewood/IS.

Finally, we got ourselves the Tuffy-fret-to-the-body.

Thank You my Forum Friends.    
Thank you Jim H.   
Thank you John Jr. and your fine factory crew who put so much care in building our dream guitar - the guitar I've always wanted..

ricky

Ricky,

Very well said and my sentiments exactly. Thanks guys.
'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"

I think a great deal of thanks is also due to you Ricky, given that you started the thing, and had the enthusiasm to make it work where previous attempts have died after a few days.

I know, and I appreciate very much, that others put in a great deal of effort to this process, but I reckon it wouldn't have happened without you behind it Ricky.

:thumbsup and happy  :guitar for a long time with the guitar you've always wanted.
Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF