Pages: 1 ... 62 [63] 64 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait  (Read 172227 times)
Trinity Guitars

Ignore
« Reply #1240 on: March 21, 2009, 10:43:54 PM »

Yea, I couldn't believe y'all didn't take one with you. Of course in Tad's case I would'n't of been able to take mine (our car was packed)
                Jim, I read your review of the F-III MH/IS somewhere. Where did you post that? I thought your description was very good.
danny
Danny  I found it but not sure how to post the link so here it is again.
"Hi Guys.  I put some photos of the day up on my facebook page. It was a blast to meet everyone. I gotta say I am a very hard person to impress with a guitar. Occupational hazard I fear. I love my new LS03HB Forum III. I was expecting a very nice guitar but was very happy with the comfort and deep base on this guitar. The high end was bright with lots of overtones but with the clarity we expect from a Larrivee L. The build quality was impeccable! The base thumped my chest when I put it is double drop d. All in all a guitar I look froward to playing a lot.   A big thanks to Larrivee and to John Jr and his staff for doing such a great job on the guitars and putting up with us for the day.
     Like most of you I must now wait for Larrivee to ship my guitar!"
Jim Holler

Jim Holler, Luthier
" What we do in this life will resound throughout eternity"

www.TrinityGuitars.com
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1241 on: March 22, 2009, 01:44:27 AM »

Time for Lynda's two cents. 

First off, other than coming up with the money to pay for mine, my big concern was the tone. I have played a number of Larrivees, that I felt were too quiet and just didn't speak to me. That being said, my Forum III does not have a volume problem at all!

As for my wood choice, I had to go with the Spruce based on the fact that it was cut down in 1972 and I knew it was going to be amazing. I also chose Rosewood, because I love Rosewood.

To those waiting for their Forum III's, I think you're just gonna be amazed at this wonderful guitars.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1242 on: March 22, 2009, 01:46:41 AM »

I just put in a bone saddle and ebony pins. Just got sweeter.
danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
photomat

Ignore
« Reply #1243 on: March 22, 2009, 01:58:46 AM »

"Hi Guys.  I put some photos of the day up on my facebook page. It was a blast to meet everyone.

Can anyone link Jim's facebook photos here?  I am not on facebook....yet

FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1244 on: March 22, 2009, 02:10:04 AM »

Can anyone link Jim's facebook photos here?  I am not on facebook....yet
                     Here is the link
   http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1624497255&ref=nf
  not sure if it will work if you are not a member, it depends on Jim's settings
danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
iDavid

Ignore
« Reply #1245 on: March 22, 2009, 09:35:25 AM »

Hey Tuff,

What are your impressions of your all hog.  I have one coming soon.............  I hope

david

Larrivee Forum-III all hog
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1246 on: March 22, 2009, 04:36:17 PM »

Hey Tuff,

What are your impressions of your all hog.  I have one coming soon.............  I hope

david

David
I've been asked that a lot.   Rather than re-hash what I've already written I'll direct you to my thread
"Forum III first portrait"  in the pictures section.    If you go through the first couple of pages there you will be able to read my impressions regarding the sound and other features of my all hog Forum III.
There's a couple of pretty good pictures there as well which should make you even more anxious to get your hands on your own Forum III.    Of course you can PM me if you have any specific questions and I'll try to answer the  best I can. 
iDavid

Ignore
« Reply #1247 on: March 22, 2009, 11:03:31 PM »

found it and thanks

what tuners are on the F-III's?

Larrivee Forum-III all hog
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1248 on: March 23, 2009, 12:25:39 AM »

found it and thanks

what tuners are on the F-III's?

The F-IIIs are getting the standard pings.   They haven't converted to Schallers yet.  They are strung with D'addario EXP phos/bronze lights which sound very good as a matter of fact.  Better than Cleartones in my opinion.

And, in answer to a question on another thread, the case is the standard flat-top that is acutually made for the OM size so it's not a perfect fit but pretty close.

Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1249 on: March 23, 2009, 01:01:44 AM »

If the case bugs you...someone is selling hard to find deluxe CLS cases on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Larrivee-CLS-Deluxe-Acoustic-Guitar-Hard-Case_W0QQitemZ330272640922QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

Tempting but I think I'm going to see what arrives this week and probably just live with it.  I rather take the $180 and put it towards a pickup for my new FIII. 

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
photomat

Ignore
« Reply #1250 on: March 23, 2009, 02:22:34 AM »

Can you believe it has been almost a week since the tour.  I can not stop thinking about how fun and amazing last week was.  I also can't stop thinking about the guitars heading our (Ok, MY way) way.

Thanks to all who made it to Vancouver for such a great time.

FIII M/IS
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1251 on: March 23, 2009, 03:21:39 AM »

The F-IIIs are getting the standard pings.   They haven't converted to Schallers yet.  They are strung with D'addario EXP phos/bronze lights which sound very good as a matter of fact.  Better than Cleartones in my opinion.

And, in answer to a question on another thread, the case is the standard flat-top that is acutually made for the OM size so it's not a perfect fit but pretty close.

One of my Pings is slipping a tad, but they are ok.  My case fits nicely, like it was made for the LS. I tried to put the F-III in y Martin OM-21 formed case and it was way to big. ie. the F-III was too large to fit in the OM-21 Case.
               It will seem a bit strange to read this, but to have a less expensive case takes the worries out of carrying it around. Which I did today, it went wherever I went, so it won't be long and the case will have battle scars.
danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1252 on: March 23, 2009, 03:29:36 AM »

Can you believe it has been almost a week since the tour.  I can not stop thinking about how fun and amazing last week was.  I also can't stop thinking about the guitars heading our (Ok, MY way) way.

Thanks to all who made it to Vancouver for such a great time.

Hey Photomat,

I think what you are really saying is that this whole Forum III adventure has really been a once in a lifetime event.  I've told a few people what has gone on over the last few months with this Forum III project and they have been completely blown away.  I know this isn't the first Forum guitar but I think there was something special that went on this time around.  Whether it was the much higher number of participants, the hundreds of pages of discussion around the planning of the guitar, the number of people that signed up, the involvement by John Larrivee and his Facebook photos, the extra effort by the Larrivee employees...and of course...the tour last week...and your photos.  Its all been magic!!!

Thats probably why you can't stop thinking about it.  Its just so cool and you were a part of it.  We were all a part of it.  The whole thing was a "game changer".

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1253 on: March 23, 2009, 03:40:22 AM »

Here is a post from d. about the tone on the MH/IS F-III   I thought some would like to see this.

"I played Danny's as well... i took his to a small room in Mike's house by myself and although i am "rosewood ears" guy this one has some real strengths.. esp in the high end.. and again this guitar would not buzz, played like butter, headroom beyond anywhere i would be taking it too.." 

This is another one of d.'s posts. Some folks can just say stuff better like Tuffy and d.

I played Danny's guitar, and i lurrved the action - Edwin did the best factory set up i have ever touched / seen / felt / played.... but Danny did ask how my Webber is set up with Edwin in the room...

I loved Danny's LS, it is very resonant & alive... great trebbles up the neck, sold bark at the bottom.. and this from a rosewood ears guy..     

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1254 on: March 23, 2009, 04:01:08 AM »

Matt
As I read your post it dawned on me that exactly one week ago at this time I was sitting down having dinner with people who, up until then, had been only names on the forum.  Although I had met Dependan last summer, people like Dermot, Lyric-girl, Tadol,and rmp60912 suddenly became flesh and blood to me.  I remember how eerily exhilirating that first meeting was.  Likewise, the next morning when you, Johnny 37, and Vancouver Southpaw became just Matt, John, and Mike.   And then here was John Larrivee showing my my guitar and Jeremy showing me how it was made....on and on
ending in the wonderful laughing and playing and singing at Mikes afterwards.  It was like I was dreaming while wide awake.  And then it was over and I was winging my way back home.   I spent several hours in two airports on the way home.  Everywhere I went people would see my case and ask me "What is a Larrivee" so I would tell them the story of the Fourm III and then open the case and show my guitar off proudly.  Without fail they would just shake their heads in amazement and tell me how great the whole story was and how beautiful the Forum III was.  If they asked, I pulled it out and played a bit for them and they all said how great it sounded and what a great experience I was lucky enough to be a part of.
I would just nod and say it was truly a once-in-a-lifetime event.    From what I have read here from others who were there I'm not alone in my feelings about this saga.  Today I showed my guitar to my daughter (Frankies Mom) and showed her pictures of the tour and the jam.   She was so happy for me and she almost had a tear in her eye when I told her the best part of the whole deal is that I've made friends that I think I will have for a very long time.  The Forum III guitar is just icing on the cake.

The value of my guitar cannot be measured in how many dollars it cost me.   You can't buy a story like this with all the money in the world.  And now it's mine and yours to tell and to enjoy forever.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1255 on: March 23, 2009, 04:07:58 AM »

Matt
As I read your post it dawned on me that exactly one week ago at this time I was sitting down having dinner with people who, up until then, had been only names on the forum.  Although I had met Dependan last summer, people like Dermot, Lyric-girl, Tadol,and rmp60912 suddenly became flesh and blood to me.  I remember how eerily exhilirating that first meeting was.  Likewise, the next morning when you, Johnny 37, and Vancouver Southpaw became just Matt, John, and Mike.   And then here was John Larrivee showing my my guitar and Jeremy showing me how it was made....on and on
ending in the wonderful laughing and playing and singing at Mikes afterwards.  It was like I was dreaming while wide awake.  And then it was over and I was winging my way back home.   I spent several hours in two airports on the way home.  Everywhere I went people would see my case and ask me "What is a Larrivee" so I would tell them the story of the Fourm III and then open the case and show my guitar off proudly.  Without fail they would just shake their heads in amazement and tell me how great the whole story was and how beautiful the Forum III was.  If they asked, I pulled it out and played a bit for them and they all said how great it sounded and what a great experience I was lucky enough to be a part of.
I would just nod and say it was truly a once-in-a-lifetime event.    From what I have read here from others who were there I'm not alone in my feelings about this saga.  Today I showed my guitar to my daughter (Frankies Mom) and showed her pictures of the tour and the jam.   She was so happy for me and she almost had a tear in her eye when I told her the best part of the whole deal is that I've made friends that I think I will have for a very long time.  The Forum III guitar is just icing on the cake.

The value of my guitar cannot be measured in how many dollars it cost me.   You can't buy a story like this with all the money in the world.  And now it's mine and yours to tell and to enjoy forever.
            Lynn, I can't help but reflect on that anxious meeting last September in a park in Davis, Ca. It seems so very long ago now.
danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
photomat

Ignore
« Reply #1256 on: March 23, 2009, 04:16:10 AM »

Hey Photomat,

I think what you are really saying is that this whole Forum III adventure has really been a once in a lifetime event.  I've told a few people what has gone on over the last few months with this Forum III project and they have been completely blown away.  I know this isn't the first Forum guitar but I think there was something special that went on this time around.  Whether it was the much higher number of participants, the hundreds of pages of discussion around the planning of the guitar, the number of people that signed up, the involvement by John Larrivee and his Facebook photos, the extra effort by the Larrivee employees...and of course...the tour last week...and your photos.  Its all been magic!!!

Thats probably why you can't stop thinking about it.  Its just so cool and you were a part of it.  We were all a part of it.  The whole thing was a "game changer".

Jordan.

Jordan, That is exactly how I feel about what I said.  I can tell you are excited about getting yours.  Maybe this week????

FIII M/IS
photomat

Ignore
« Reply #1257 on: March 23, 2009, 04:19:30 AM »

Lynn, I can't help but reflect on that anxious meeting last September in a park in Davis, Ca. It seems so very long ago now.
danny

Dan, It seems like a week from last Thursday since I met you at the local train station...

Oh wait, it was ....

Sure glad to hear you are enjoying your guitar.  I went to a couple local stores looking for used Larrivees today, but only found one.  I sure miss my LS03

FIII M/IS
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1258 on: March 23, 2009, 09:14:23 AM »

I agree Tuffy (and I don't have mine yet).  It has never crossed my mind that this guitar was too expensive for what it is, even though it  cost me considerably more than it cost you guys, and considerably more than I could get a very nice small bodied guitar in the UK.  The whole thing has been great to be part of.

I feel slightly sorry for those who didn't jump on board, and hoped that a few would come up second hand quite quickly after completion.  I fear that may not be the case!!

There is a thread on the AGF just now about 'what makes a lifer', a guitar that you would never sell.  I think Larivee have found the magic recipe, and have just made 78 of them!

Without John posting the pictures on Facebook, and the factory tour etc., this would have been a much less memorable experience.  Little things, and a bit of thought, care and attention to detail can make such a huge difference.

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1259 on: March 23, 2009, 11:50:47 AM »

I agree Tuffy (and I don't have mine yet).  It has never crossed my mind that this guitar was too expensive for what it is, even though it  cost me considerably more than it cost you guys, and considerably more than I could get a very nice small bodied guitar in the UK.  The whole thing has been great to be part of.

I feel slightly sorry for those who didn't jump on board, and hoped that a few would come up second hand quite quickly after completion.  I fear that may not be the case!!

There is a thread on the AGF just now about 'what makes a lifer', a guitar that you would never sell.  I think Larivee have found the magic recipe, and have just made 78 of them!

Without John posting the pictures on Facebook, and the factory tour etc., this would have been a much less memorable experience.  Little things, and a bit of thought, care and attention to detail can make such a huge difference.

Ben I think the "Forum" helped a little with the formula

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Pages: 1 ... 62 [63] 64 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: