Pages: 1 ... 60 [61] 62 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait  (Read 166620 times)
Hogtop

Ignore
« Reply #1200 on: March 19, 2009, 11:38:02 PM »

I just got a call from Jim today. He called to tell me I had over paid and he will send me a check. Had a nice talk with him and I told him I would have rather been with him and the others that were in VC BC than where I happen to be at the moment. We talked about my set-up and he said he would probably feel rather over wellmed if they come in at the same time. He wants to do quality work on all of our guitars. Sure wish I could have been there. I've spent some great times in the Pacific NW. Thanks for all of the pics!  Gosh, if things can turn around for my family, I want to meet  and play some music with you.   

PO5 MT Larrivee Parlor (sold darn it)
Hog Weissenborn Lap Slide
Republic Reso-Relic Tricone
Stew-Mac A-Style Mandolin (Kit)
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1201 on: March 20, 2009, 12:37:47 AM »

I hope things pick up soon, Holly.  As it is, perhaps you could say that you are "Waiting for the Great Leap Forward" (pun intended, based on your signature line lyric).

Yes, I would imagine that's preferable to 'The Great Leap Off a Bridge'.  No, it's not that bad,lol. Thanks for your kind thoughts. It's exciting to see how happy everyone is.  It's not often people get handed tangible Joy and even better, Joy they can share.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1202 on: March 20, 2009, 05:20:10 AM »

This is a link to some sound recordings of the jam last Monday

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=26087.msg234942#msg234942

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1203 on: March 20, 2009, 07:07:52 AM »

I hope Bluesman67 (Joseph) is reading this and all others who are wondering about the sound of the FG3 LS-03R.

You've been asking how the FG3 IS/RW sounds - I got the cutaway version. Here's my unscientific experiment.

Tonight, I played the same strumming pattern of 4 chords over and over E-C#m-A-B   except for the E, all are fretted chords

alternating between the OM-40 (enlarged soundhole & also RW) and FG3 LSV-03R --- with the untrained ears of my daughter who was sitting beside me I asked her how the two guitars sounded.  Without hesitation, she pointed to the FG3 as sounding "deeper" - referring to the bass. The projection, articulation and volume of my FG3 is way better than my OM.

I did the same a/b test using the same 4 chords strumming - alternating between my LSV-03R and Taylor GS Koa

(if these two guitars were cars, the FG3 is a 4-cyl and the GS is an 8-cyl) --- I can safely say, the little LSV-03R has a comparable bass - though not as deep as my GS.  The mids and trebles are basically the same in the two guitars.  I now have found THE reason to sell my Taylor GS - because my FG3 LSV-03R does all that my Taylor GS does (to my ears) --- again, the GS is a smidge deeper sounding, but for the FG3's perfect size for me - it's got a great voice and volume to boot.

My Taylor by far is the best sounding guitar in my little collection. It has found a match in the LSV-03R.

After all this, I picked up my OO-09 and it sounded like well... a little parlor guitar.

I would not miss any of my other guitars if I sold them all because my FG3 LSV-03R is The Guitar I've always been searching for and just finally discovered.

ricky

(I wanted to wait a few days before posting this, but I thought I would chime in to put to rest any who may be concerned or in doubt. The Italian Spruce and whatever formula they used in this particular batch makes the FG3 a very very special guitar. If there was any other guitar to buy next, it would only have to be a hog/IS or all-hog FG3. This should put my guitar buying/purchasing to an end.  GAS-ing is incurable, but I hope it won't cost me anymore money.  )
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1204 on: March 20, 2009, 12:38:42 PM »

Guys I just have to post this. If any of you can remember back many pages on the original Forum III thread, I believe the answer to when we would receive our guitars was "spring." Well, I understand that Larrivee is beginning to ship today and this is the first day of Spring. Coincidence? I say no! 

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
BenF
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1205 on: March 20, 2009, 12:42:41 PM »

IS it the first day of Spring today?  Brilliant.  It is an awesome day in East Scotland, a bit cold, but not a cloud in the sky.  Feels very very springlike!

Ben
2009 FIII LS-03RHB #5

http://www.youtube.com/user/1978BenF
lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1206 on: March 20, 2009, 01:45:08 PM »

IS it the first day of Spring today?  Brilliant.  It is an awesome day in East Scotland, a bit cold, but not a cloud in the sky.  Feels very very springlike!

Yes Ben, it's the Vernal Equinox today. It is very bright and sunny here, but still cold.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1207 on: March 20, 2009, 02:16:22 PM »

It's also Iranian New Year.  This normally involves huge picnics on mountains and the like. The going out the night before and getting wasted is not done, for obvious reasons.  People exchange presents, well the kids get presents.

Now you can impress all your friends with your grasp of International Trivia! Or possibly end up on a Watch List.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1208 on: March 20, 2009, 02:19:14 PM »

The going out the night before and getting wasted is not done, for obvious reasons. 

Yeah...its obvious if you were all wasted you could fall off the mountain or get lost. Let's be careful out there!

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1209 on: March 20, 2009, 02:26:52 PM »

LOL.

My husband was talking to me last night about bootleg liqour in Iran. Not that I have any personal experience with this (cause I'm a girl and some guy always had some) but it's just like driving up to a dealer and buying weed in the States. Not that anyone would, disclaimer, blah, blah. There are known liqour dealers although frankly, the penalty for getting caught on either end (jail, like for real jail, not jail here with that pesky trial and bail and stuff) makes me wonder why anyone would do it. You don't get a do over.

I'm not saying the rules are fair and resonable or whatever, but you do know them going in.

There is a whole trend of 'Extreme Tourism' (which brings to mind Hawaiian belly shirts *shudder*) where people go places they shouldn't for sensible or legal reasons. And then they can't tell anyone they went. I saw 'The Midnight Express; when I was fourteen. That pretty much instilled a healthy fear of hostile regions.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

Handmade soap and stuff.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1210 on: March 20, 2009, 02:49:11 PM »

I hope Bluesman67 (Joseph) is reading this and all others who are wondering about the sound of the FG3 LS-03R.

You've been asking how the FG3 IS/RW sounds - I got the cutaway version. Here's my unscientific experiment.

Tonight, I played the same strumming pattern of 4 chords over and over E-C#m-A-B   except for the E, all are fretted chords

alternating between the OM-40 (enlarged soundhole & also RW) and FG3 LSV-03R --- with the untrained ears of my daughter who was sitting beside me I asked her how the two guitars sounded.  Without hesitation, she pointed to the FG3 as sounding "deeper" - referring to the bass. The projection, articulation and volume of my FG3 is way better than my OM.

I did the same a/b test using the same 4 chords strumming - alternating between my LSV-03R and Taylor GS Koa

(if these two guitars were cars, the FG3 is a 4-cyl and the GS is an 8-cyl) --- I can safely say, the little LSV-03R has a comparable bass - though not as deep as my GS.  The mids and trebles are basically the same in the two guitars.  I now have found THE reason to sell my Taylor GS - because my FG3 LSV-03R does all that my Taylor GS does (to my ears) --- again, the GS is a smidge deeper sounding, but for the FG3's perfect size for me - it's got a great voice and volume to boot.

My Taylor by far is the best sounding guitar in my little collection. It has found a match in the LSV-03R.

After all this, I picked up my OO-09 and it sounded like well... a little parlor guitar.

I would not miss any of my other guitars if I sold them all because my FG3 LSV-03R is The Guitar I've always been searching for and just finally discovered.

ricky

(I wanted to wait a few days before posting this, but I thought I would chime in to put to rest any who may be concerned or in doubt. The Italian Spruce and whatever formula they used in this particular batch makes the FG3 a very very special guitar. If there was any other guitar to buy next, it would only have to be a hog/IS or all-hog FG3. This should put my guitar buying/purchasing to an end.  GAS-ing is incurable, but I hope it won't cost me anymore money.  )
YUP

bluesman67
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1211 on: March 20, 2009, 03:15:36 PM »

Oh yes, bluesman67 is reading and he's liking!  Congratulations Ricky, Danny, Linda, and everyone who already has their F3s.  How about some more pics?  especially those rosewoods!!  Ricky, I didn't realize your OM had an enlarged soundhole...no doubt a great sounding guitar which would speak volumes to the tone of the new F3 if it has a noticeably favorable tone.
 +1

bluesman67
HOGTOP CHARLOTTE

www.reverbnation.com/hogtopcharlotte
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1212 on: March 20, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »

Oh yes, bluesman67 is reading and he's liking!  Congratulations Ricky, Danny, Linda, and everyone who already has their F3s.  How about some more pics?  especially those rosewoods!!  Ricky, I didn't realize your OM had an enlarged soundhole...no doubt a great sounding guitar which would speak volumes to the tone of the new F3 if it has a noticeably favorable tone.
 +1

Joseph
pm sent regarding a previous question.   
Lynn
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1213 on: March 20, 2009, 07:58:06 PM »

WOO HOO!!!!...or should I say...

BREAKING NEWS

When I spoke to Jim yesterday afternoon, he indicated that some of the Forum III guitars might be shipping today (Friday)

I just received this email from our friends at Larrivee!!!!

"Hi Jordan,

You’ll be happy to know that your guitar will be leaving our factory today and shipping directly to the address you provided. You can expect it in a week or so.

Thank you,

Denika Ramirez
Jean Larrivee Guitars Ltd."

AWESOME!!!  I am so friggin excited!!!  I've been surviving the wait by looking at Photomat's photos...over and over again...hehehehe.  Great news to end the week!

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
photomat

Ignore
« Reply #1214 on: March 20, 2009, 08:03:34 PM »

Now that is some GREAT news!

FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #1215 on: March 21, 2009, 02:00:29 AM »

WOO HOO!!!!...or should I say...

BREAKING NEWS

When I spoke to Jim yesterday afternoon, he indicated that some of the Forum III guitars might be shipping today (Friday)

I just received this email from our friends at Larrivee!!!!

That's a great news!

I doubt my #77 is included in the first batch of shipping.. since I haven't paid GST yet..

I've emailed them regarding on GST.. no answer yet :)

Jeffrey

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1216 on: March 21, 2009, 02:35:51 AM »

That is what John Larrivee had said, that they would begin shipping on the 20th. We were just fortunate to get ours early.
                      I can't wait to hear from more folks about their F-III's, I hope everyone likes them as much as we who have received ours do.
danny

rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1217 on: March 21, 2009, 04:13:27 AM »

+1

Compared to my OM-40 even with enlarged soundhole and medium Elixirs 80/20 bronze, my LSV-03R FG III outshines and outsings my OM-40. I paid dearly for my out of control GAS-ing, for what I bought my OM-40, I could very well be into my 2nd FG III - I prefer the Hog/IS - there's something about these Italian Spruce like I said.

My FG III LSV-03R is a relatively small-ish guitar, okay medium sized, perfect size guitar - on steroids !!!  If this was a 4-cylinder car, it would be on Bi-Turbo, with the horsepower of an 8 cylinder.

Tonight (Friday March 20) I used it again for a group of 17 persons singing the LSV-03R was unplugged - this thing SINGS & RINGS for my strumming style.

I believe "photomat" said it has D'Adarios (spelling) lights !!!   

This git is louder, sounds much much better clearer and more articulate than my OM-40 - even with moderate or vigorous strumming to the occasional controlled attack.

I would be so surprised if anyone who ordered their FG III in any wood combo would be disappointed - mine sounded better after Tadol played the snot out of it - there are pictures of Tadol playing my git in Monday's jam.

ricky
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1218 on: March 21, 2009, 04:46:11 AM »

Ricky - I assure you, there is plenty of snot left in it - It's just starting to break in, and will only get better -  Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1219 on: March 21, 2009, 04:50:53 AM »

Ricky - I assure you, there is plenty of snot left in it - It's just starting to break in, and will only get better -  Tad

Tad, I thank you so much my friend for playing my git. You must have the Midas touch. I was setting myself up to live with a possible disappointment.

But, after you played it, I could not believe it's the same guitar!   I know, it's still pretty much "out of the box" fresh from the factory, but already,

my ears could hardly believe what I'm hearing - and to think - solid wood guitars will still "open up" and get better sounding as it ages!

You're a really smart man for skipping the bling, going for the plane jane and getting 2 FG IIIs.  These are small cannons.

ricky
Pages: 1 ... 60 [61] 62 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: