Pages: 1 ... 59 [60] 61 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait  (Read 167508 times)
ST
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1180 on: March 18, 2009, 09:17:32 PM »

Hey there Lynn,

ST
So glad to have met you at the tour and later on.  Really enjoyed your playing and also the short conversation we had.    you did an excellent job of describing the character of this little forum III.   Words rarely fail me but I'm at a loss to come up with adequat adjectives for the little guy.  (The guitar, not Ricky  bigrin)

✂ ✂ ✂

Right back at cha Lynn. It was great meeting you. Thanks for helping me to hear the differences between the Spruce top and the Mahogany top back that the factory.  I enjoyed your songs later at Mike's place. You are great company.

lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1181 on: March 18, 2009, 10:17:23 PM »

Lynn, of course the rosewood sounds incredible. You did attempt to play mine upside down and all 

I think the rosewood/IS has a real balanced sound, if that makes any sense.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1182 on: March 18, 2009, 10:41:48 PM »

OK, you guys are killing me.  Can someone PLEASE give a review of how the IS/RW F3 sounds?

Joseph, mine has more bass than my OM-40. I had to switch the OM-40 with Elixir mediums to satisfy my ears.
For a smaller body like this LS FG3, it has a deep bass (what to my ears is a bit deeper than my OM).

Surprisingly, it can whisper & shout - does both well.

I strum mostly, so I need a higher setup as right now I can make it buzz easily.

I'm hard to please - but my OM has found a rival.

I already took my FG3 to work & had group singing with it during staff meeting today.

ricky
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1183 on: March 18, 2009, 10:53:07 PM »

Joseph, mine has more bass than my OM-40. I had to switch the OM-40 with Elixir mediums to satisfy my ears.
For a smaller body like this LS FG3, it has a deep bass (what to my ears is a bit deeper than my OM).

Surprisingly, it can whisper & shout - does both well.

I strum mostly, so I need a higher setup as right now I can make it buzz easily.

I'm hard to please - but my OM has found a rival.

I already took my FG3 to work & had group singing with it during staff meeting today.

ricky
       I wanted to wait for ricky to post some about his. I heard ricky playing his late in the evening at Mike's place and to my ears it sounded great ( no buzz and lots of rich tones)
It complimented his playing style very well. I also enjoyed how he puts his whole heart int his singing and playing.

danny

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
johnny37

Ignore
« Reply #1184 on: March 18, 2009, 11:39:29 PM »

Joseph, I do have a RW/IS F-3.  Not sure how I'd describe it.  Lets start with it being really responsive to the touch, both fingerstyle and strumming.  It rings like a bell, and the sustain is great for a small bodied guitar.  I've always played my C-19 with mediums on it, and the new git was set up with lights.  That being said, the bass on the F-3 is very balanced, it's responsive all the way up the neck without getting all tinkly sounding, and the note separation really surprised me.  It's louder than you would expect for a small bodies guitar, and in a good way too.  Beautifull bass all the way to nicely balanced trebles.  And that's right out of the box.  Wait til it gets played in.

1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty 
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string
Dotneck
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1185 on: March 19, 2009, 01:19:08 AM »

You get to sing and play guitar at work?  I want YOUR job!

Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1186 on: March 19, 2009, 03:43:41 AM »

Lynda- send it to me for a workout. I'm left handed, remember, but I can play a righty guitar. I'll be waiting for the doorbell!
Jeff   

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1187 on: March 19, 2009, 05:42:42 AM »

"The wait" will not be over for any of us whether we have our git yet or not. We all have come a long way to get to this point and I know the rest of the F-3's being put into the hands of everyone who ordered is what will do it for me.
     How each one feels about their git, it's fit, finish, tones and playability means a lot. I would hope that as each one receives their F-3 they would post at least some response and share what they feel with us all. Including pictures.
                            The wait continues, but John Jr. said tomorrow was the first ship day. And from what we saw they were ready to be finished, boxed and shipped. So some more may be in forumite's hands as early as next week.

danny

dazdarren

Ignore
« Reply #1188 on: March 19, 2009, 06:30:12 AM »

"John Jr. said tomorrow was the first ship day. And from what we saw they were ready to be finished, boxed and shipped. So some more may be in forumite's hands as early as next week.

danny

So the ship date has been moved up.  It was supposed to be March 30 I recall reading earlier.  That would be awesome if its sooner than planned
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1189 on: March 19, 2009, 06:34:53 AM »

You get to sing and play guitar at work?  I want YOUR job!

Yup, it's tough having to play and sing at my job - but somebody's gotta do it. 

That's one of the perks of my job. The "toilet bowl" part of my job I'm sure no one would care about.

ricky
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #1190 on: March 19, 2009, 06:43:29 AM »

Well said Danny.  We have to remember that the wait ain't over til 78 fourm IIIs are in the hands of their lucky owners.  It will be one heck-of-a-day of celebration when literally hundreds of pages of commentary and photos culminates in the last one getting delivered to it's owner.  We just have to have a thread started at that time with the following:   A.  a picture of the forum III with it's proud owner and   B. A few comments about the guitar once it's been played a bit.  
That seems like it would be a fitting end to this "LS-03 Forum III three-dot doghouse guitar " saga.
And can I just add one more word of commentary about the sound of these things.....    WOW.

Dazdarren
It may take a couple more weeks before all of them are on their way.   a few  had to go back for re-starts and to fix things that weren't perfect so they may be stragglin in at the end of the month.   But, after seeing Edwin get these finished off while we were watching I know he can get a lot of them out in just one day if he doesn't have to work around a bunch of kids in the toy store like he did on Monday.
Also, after talking to Jim Holler it became apparent that he isn't really prepared to accept delivery of several dozen of these at one time.  I'm sure he would like to have a steady flow of them in and out of his shop to avoid being overwhelmed.
The bottom line though:   Even considering transit time from factory to Jim and then to the purchaser everyone should be enjoying their Forum IIIs very soon.  Then the celebrating can really start.
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1191 on: March 19, 2009, 06:48:05 AM »

So the ship date has been moved up.  It was supposed to be March 30 I recall reading earlier.  That would be awesome if its sooner than planned
              I was told the 20th. But these things have a way of getting mixed up. But as Tuffy stated they could easily be finished and boxed to ship out. (at least most of them)
danny

es-335

Ignore
« Reply #1192 on: March 19, 2009, 06:50:31 AM »

Does anybody know when Jim will be back in the US?

Jeffrey

lyric_girl
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1193 on: March 19, 2009, 01:02:16 PM »

Does anybody know when Jim will be back in the US?

Jim is back. He got back last night. I spoke to him just after he got home.

'09 Larrivee LS-03R #66 "Bella"
'07 Larrivee PV-09E "Holly"
LaminateBoy

Ignore
« Reply #1194 on: March 19, 2009, 02:04:34 PM »

I'm glad to hear that the Toronto people will take their guitars along to the 12th Fret for a "show and tell". I'll leave mine at home when I visit.

L-04 koa
L-03-12
Parlor (mahogany)
Forum III MT
Yamaha FG-180
Gretsch Sundown Serenade
Fender Stratocaster
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #1195 on: March 19, 2009, 03:15:22 PM »

Jim is back. He got back last night. I spoke to him just after he got home.

Thanks! :)

Jeffrey

Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1196 on: March 19, 2009, 04:15:07 PM »

I was told the 20th. But these things have a way of getting mixed up. But as Tuffy stated they could easily be finished and boxed to ship out. (at least most of them)
danny

Some of us Canadians are getting our guitars direct shipped from Vancouver.  I would be so excited if what you say is true and my guitar got shipped out on the 20th.

I'll cross my fingers.  I can't wait to see it after seeing all of your photos, etc.

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1197 on: March 19, 2009, 05:34:34 PM »

I've set up a thread just to post pictures of the FIII and the tour, so they are all in 1 place.

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=26087.0

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
strawintogold
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1198 on: March 19, 2009, 08:14:28 PM »

I've asked Jim to do mine last as the money went for meds and things are still pretty bleak. But, I don't mind and I'd love to see pics as they come in. As it is I've barely practiced,  need some motivation.

holly

"Needs more cowbell."

http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts
15% discount for Larrivee Forum Members (enter Larrivee coupon code at checkout)
 Handmade soap and stuff.
pennerblue

Ignore
« Reply #1199 on: March 19, 2009, 10:59:39 PM »

I've asked Jim to do mine last as the money went for meds and things are still pretty bleak. But, I don't mind and I'd love to see pics as they come in. As it is I've barely practiced,  need some motivation.

holly

I hope things pick up soon, Holly.  As it is, perhaps you could say that you are "Waiting for the Great Leap Forward" (pun intended, based on your signature line lyric).

Three Larries and a Guild and an A&L...and electrics...and a mando

“Your lack of technique can be part of your style. The thing about style is that it’s more entertaining, more important and hopefully more intellectual than technique.”
Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Pages: 1 ... 59 [60] 61 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: