Pages: 1 ... 57 [58] 59 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait  (Read 166817 times)
Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1140 on: March 17, 2009, 02:44:21 PM »

YES, I have F-III #1 in my possesion. And if the border crossing goes fine #1 F-III will be at home in Austin, Texas protected by 3 dogs (one part coyote) A 12 gage, a SKS paratrooper etc. and a 6 foot Texan named danny.

This is the long and short of it. EVERY thought I had about this git came true.
danny

Congratulations Danny,  I'm so happy for you and the others that got their gits.  Looks like you all had a great time in Vancouver, wish I could have made it.  Will be looking forward to pics and recordings of the F-III's.
Strum on 

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1141 on: March 17, 2009, 02:48:38 PM »

Ricky,Danny, Stormin' Norman & all, thanks for the inquiries on my part. I won't be in tears if it can't be done, just happy for you'all being part of this Canuck adventure!
Have a great time to all!
Jeff   

Jeff, Edwin handed a bunch of righty clear pickguards for 03 satin finish guitars before we left the final setup & packaging room. I'm happy to tell you Jim H now has this one covered. He is quite aware of your request & got the goods to deliver.

ricky
johnny37

Ignore
« Reply #1142 on: March 17, 2009, 11:45:09 PM »

What a great day.  Not only did I get to take my F-3 home with me, but I got to pick between two identical builds for the one I wanted.  They built a #68 and  #68A.  When Edwin saw I had #68, he told me they built two, and I get to choose which one I want!!!  They were almost identical, but one had beautiful dark rosewood that just yelled out to me.  #68A it is, and I couldn't be happier.  The sound is fantastic, its incredibly comfortable, and the look with the extra herringbone on the spruce top is first rate.  Not only did Edwin set up my new F-3, he also did a little maintenance tweak on my old C-19 like it was nothing at all.  It doesn't get any better than the crew at Larrivee.  How many times can you say "Thank You"???  I'm just downloading some pics now, so I'll get them up here as soon as I can.  Hopefully Tuffy got home in one piece to show his wife the "monkey money" we use here, and the rest of the out of town people all got home safely.  What a great group of people.  Massive thanks to Mike (Vancouver Southpaw) for opening his house up for the impromptu jam session.  Lots of different playing styles, different ability levels, but everyone felt like they were playing among good friends.  A great time it was, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. 

1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty 
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string
photomat

Ignore
« Reply #1143 on: March 18, 2009, 12:08:15 AM »

Wow, the wait is over for some.  The tour yesterday was amazing.  I drove home last night, just beat and exhausted from an exciting day.  When I walked in the door, I kissed my wife, and she said I smelled like wood!  Nothing like getting to see and touch the Forum III guitars, but now I smell like one , too!

You sure can not say enough how wonderful these guitars look and play.  The sound of each of the three wood combinations is truly spectacular.

Now I have to wait for mine to get shipped to Jim for the bone saddle and make its way back.  I thought long and hard about driving it home.  Maybe I should have, but the border guard made me roll my windows down and really looked hard when I told him I was coming from the Larrivee Guitar Factory. blush

Both Dave and I just could not have been more appreciative of everyone at Larrivee and all the great people from the forum that we met yesterday.  I enjoyed the Jam last night, and wished we could have stayed longer.

Here is a link to lots of photos (they do not call me photomat for no reason)

Photomat's Photo Page

Thanks again to all who made yesterday possible!

FIII M/IS
L-80 Presentation 12-String
johnny37

Ignore
« Reply #1144 on: March 18, 2009, 12:50:09 AM »

Matt, those are some great shots you got yesterday.  So great that you and Dave made it up, so sad that you had to leave so early.  Maybe we can set something like this up again.  Maybe something like a forum 3 birthday party?

1991 Larrivee lefty C19        Forum 3 #68A LS03 IS/RW HB lefty 
Yamaha FG450                    1993 Les Paul Standard lefty
Yamaha FG335                    2012 American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Classical (1974?)      2011 RS-2 w/P-90's
Takamine 12 string
tadol
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1145 on: March 18, 2009, 01:29:13 AM »

Just got home myself - looking forward to going through my pics and the MP3s I made of the jam. Too much fun!!!

Took Danny and his wife to the airport in Seattle - and he had the captain of the airplane he was flying home on carry his prized #1 Forum 3 home in the cockpit - You ever wonder why those things fly on autopilot? So the flight crew can jam - 

Only Danny  . . . . . .

Tad

Bunch of Larrivees - all good -
and a wife that still puts up with me, which is the best -
limnephilidae

Ignore
« Reply #1146 on: March 18, 2009, 01:36:57 AM »

Hey photomat....thanks for the great photos! Those short DOF string-end shots worked out well!

Lots of acoustics and One Happy Dog

"The noble savage never existed; Eden occupied was a slaughterhouse; Paradise found is paradise lost." - E. O. Wilson
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1147 on: March 18, 2009, 01:56:14 AM »

photomatt  ... what did you guys do to my poor guitar???

angry

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1148 on: March 18, 2009, 02:19:43 AM »

Ricky- I missed the post below: I was following the trip thread. Norman sent me a message via Facebook that my issue was resolved. I posted a thank you on the trip page, but I'll do it again. Thanks for the trouble of inquiring about & getting it. And Jim, thanks also. You can through that bad-boy on along with the bone nut. I'll email you to remind you of how to set it up for me also. Poor man. Your plate will be full for a while, but i get the impression that it's something you really enjoy.
 Sounds like you guys had a blast up there. My wife doesn't quite get the sharing of guitar passion among us all. Maybe some day! Now Coach pocketbooks & stuff like that, well that's something she understands.
I'm a happy man now, even happier when the gits in my hands!
Jeff   

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1149 on: March 18, 2009, 02:42:52 AM »

photomat-amazing job on the slideshow. Most would have shown themselves more, but you're a caring & sharing man. Once again, looks like a blast & learning session, all in one! My jealousy & sadness of not being able to go is now setting in. But your pics helped pick me up (no pun intended,well...) so now I can't decide if they helped or just made me pine (or spruce) for my git even more!
Once again, GREAT JOB!! bowdown
Jeff   

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
dazdarren

Ignore
« Reply #1150 on: March 18, 2009, 02:57:10 AM »

Photomat, excellent pictures and storytelling.  Thanks
photomat

Ignore
« Reply #1151 on: March 18, 2009, 03:03:00 AM »

Matt, those are some great shots you got yesterday.  So great that you and Dave made it up, so sad that you had to leave so early.  Maybe we can set something like this up again.  Maybe something like a forum 3 birthday party?
John

Thanks for the kudos to all on the photos.  I had a blast.  Dave and I were talking on the drive south about how much fun it was and how great these Forum III guitars are.

If you ever get to the north end of Seattle, or are driving through (this goes for anyone else as well) give me a call.

Enjoy your new guitar.

FIII M/IS
photomat

Ignore
« Reply #1152 on: March 18, 2009, 03:05:58 AM »

photomatt  ... what did you guys do to my poor guitar???

angry

Tuffy kissed it one too many times!  yak

I have no clue what was wrong with that guitar, but it was not even a forum guitar.  Great photo op, though

FIII M/IS
photomat

Ignore
« Reply #1153 on: March 18, 2009, 03:07:34 AM »

Hey photomat....thanks for the great photos! Those short DOF string-end shots worked out well!

Your welcome.  I was torn...take photos..play guitar.....take photos...look at guitars......etc.......

FIII M/IS
photomat

Ignore
« Reply #1154 on: March 18, 2009, 03:10:09 AM »

. Most would have shown themselves more, but you're a caring & sharing man.

Well I can hardly wait to see more of the photos from the others..  I can't imagine anyone not being thrilled with these guitars.  They sound better than they look!

FIII M/IS
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #1155 on: March 18, 2009, 03:50:38 AM »

Thank  you for the pictures photomat, those are great photos, I've wanted a TS lens for the longest time..!!

Thanks again!

Jeffrey

Mr_LV19E
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1156 on: March 18, 2009, 04:18:38 AM »

Photomat,  outstanding job on the slide show. Thank you so much.

Roger

"Live simply so that others may simply live"
highervista

Ignore
« Reply #1157 on: March 18, 2009, 04:57:48 AM »

Photomat, Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to put together a slide show for us.
Ron

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ron McFarland
highervista
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1158 on: March 18, 2009, 05:50:49 AM »

This is the coolest forum I have ever heard of.

We even have our own personal "PHOTO MATT"

danny

Too many guitars... But I keep thinking one more may just do it.
dazdarren

Ignore
« Reply #1159 on: March 18, 2009, 06:07:42 AM »

Those who have their FGIIIs now have been remarking at the sound.  I recall somewhere back in an earlier page many weeks ago it was stated that Italian Spruce takes sometime to "play in" before it really starts to open up and sounding good compared to Sitka Spruce.  I think that means...if you love the tone now wait until you break the guitar in and it really starts to open up after several months or a year or more.  I can't wait.
Pages: 1 ... 57 [58] 59 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: