Pages: 1 ... 56 [57] 58 ... 65   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Guitar III, discussion II - The Wait  (Read 172635 times)
Yoyodyne

Ignore
« Reply #1120 on: March 15, 2009, 02:59:10 AM »

I would love to partner my Forum III git with a brand new Triumph Street Triple R, but I think that would be pushing my matrimonial luck... 

2008 Larrivée L-03SO (Grevillea Robusta)
2008 Art & Lutherie Ami Almond
2000 Larrivée OM-02
1982 el cheapo (Fairmont) LP copy
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1121 on: March 15, 2009, 03:05:20 AM »

I would love to partner my Forum III git with a brand new Triumph Street Triple R, but I think that would be pushing my matrimonial luck... 

Listen my friend...

There is only one way to survive marriage and have nice gits and a motorcycle.  You need to "Embrace the Doghouse!".  Once you are at one with the Doghouse...Life is Good!

Jordan.

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1122 on: March 15, 2009, 03:08:37 AM »

The Guzzi guys have me thinking about a Guzzi, which I've come close to riding a few times, but never have bought one. It just so happens there is a new MGuzzi dealer here in town. One of the 1100cc MG California Vintage bikes looks just my style....

doghouse? my house is a doghouse already.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1123 on: March 15, 2009, 03:15:09 AM »

For those not familiar with the term "Doghouse"...

Translation:  The place where you sleep (sofa, basement, car, doghouse) after you buy a new guitar/motorcycle/car/boat without consulting with your wife prior to the purchase and then surprising her by bringing it home unannounced.  Many guys are afraid of being "in the doghouse" if they buy a new guitar.  I've embraced the doghouse.  I don't fear the doghouse.  The sofa is kinda okay when balanced against the fact that I'm getting the new Forum III guitar in 2 weeks...

Jordan.

prof_stack
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1124 on: March 15, 2009, 04:12:00 AM »

The Guzzi guys have me thinking about a Guzzi, which I've come close to riding a few times, but never have bought one. It just so happens there is a new MGuzzi dealer here in town. One of the 1100cc MG California Vintage bikes looks just my style....

You mean, a CalVin like this one?  Nice ride, 550#, and about as cool as one can get a "proper" v-twin:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Play it daily for best results.
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1125 on: March 15, 2009, 01:52:28 PM »

You mean, a CalVin like this one?  Nice ride, 550#, and about as cool as one can get a "proper" v-twin:

Yep. They do look look fun to ride.

To keep this on topic... to ride to a jam with my Forum III strapped to my back soon...   

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Jagadis

Ignore
« Reply #1126 on: March 15, 2009, 08:43:12 PM »

Can I ask everyone a question

I've never purchased a brand new guitar and especially one that has just been manufactured and finished a couple of weeks earlier.  Are there any special precautions that I have to take with my new Forum III guitar in the first weeks/months that are unique to a newly made guitar?  In other words, does the finish still have to harden or does the wood still have to settle in, etc?  I guess it goes without saying that you don't want to expose a new guitar to big temperature/humidity changes but I was wondering if you have to be more careful in the beginning.    As a rule of thumb, I never leave a guitar in the car, near a heater, exposed to sunlight, etc. 

Thoughts?

Jordan.

BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1127 on: March 15, 2009, 11:29:30 PM »

Danny- don't mean to be a hemorrhoid, but could you please check on that clear right guard for me ? I'm sure you won't anyway, & between you, Norman, & Ricky I'm hoping for the best. Just let them know that I'll give up the leftys in a swap. Any one out there not using their right-handed clear pickguard? I play upside-down & need a righty guard 'cause i strum up alot. I'll wait & see how the boys in 'Couver make out.
Danny, thanks again & have fun! Sounds like you already are. If you saw mine, can you email me with an appropriate comment?
Jeff

'11 Martin OM18V Engelmann Custom
'11 Martin D-18 Adirondack Custom
'12 Martin MFG OM-35 Custom
'07 Larrivee OOO-60(Trinity Guitars)
'13 Larrivee OM-03 "Exotic"RW Custom(Oxnard C.S.)
'10 L.Canteri OO1JP Custom(IS/IT.WALNUT)

So it seems I have come to doubt, all that I once held as true
BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1128 on: March 15, 2009, 11:36:35 PM »

Jordan- I ordered my OM-05 right before the price increase on Aug.1, got it about 3 weeks later. It had been finished recently & was gorgeous. I was almost afraid to play it! It is a glossy model, which I would assume takes more time to open up since the wood isn't sealed as much. Didn't do anything special, just played it. My '93 L-10 Custom came right to the shop when it was done & the same thing. I don't thing any special care need be given, just the normal TLC you'd show your baby. I defer to Jeremy for the final word on this!
Jeff   

BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1129 on: March 16, 2009, 12:10:41 AM »

Danny- I left out a word. I meant to say that I was sure you wouldn't FORGET. I read my post after & realized my mistake. Sorry.
Thanks again.
Jeff

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1130 on: March 16, 2009, 06:10:04 AM »

Danny- I left out a word. I meant to say that I was sure you wouldn't FORGET. I read my post after & realized my mistake. Sorry.
Thanks again.
Jeff
  I knew what you meant, I've got a plate full of "duties", but I will really try.
Danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1131 on: March 16, 2009, 06:27:15 AM »

Danny- don't mean to be a hemorrhoid, but could you please check on that clear right guard for me ? I'm sure you won't anyway, & between you, Norman, & Ricky I'm hoping for the best. Just let them know that I'll give up the leftys in a swap. Any one out there not using their right-handed clear pickguard? I play upside-down & need a righty guard 'cause i strum up alot. I'll wait & see how the boys in 'Couver make out.
Danny, thanks again & have fun! Sounds like you already are. If you saw mine, can you email me with an appropriate comment?
Jeff

Sorry Jeff... I have not followed through on inquiring about this.  The latest limited edition Larrivees from Twelfth Fret comes with the clear pickguard. It appears that the Oxnard, CA Factory has access to the clears. During the discussion leading up to the Forum III, I distinctly remember the clear pickguards are not available. I hope we get the real lowdown on this tomorrow during the actual tour.

I can't believe we're all here in the same place!

ricky
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1132 on: March 16, 2009, 01:28:07 PM »

Sorry Jeff... I have not followed through on inquiring about this.  The latest limited edition Larrivees from Twelfth Fret comes with the clear pickguard. It appears that the Oxnard, CA Factory has access to the clears. During the discussion leading up to the Forum III, I distinctly remember the clear pickguards are not available. I hope we get the real lowdown on this tomorrow during the actual tour.

I can't believe we're all here in the same place!

ricky
  G'morning ricky, I believe the satin PG is different thant the clear one on gloss models.
Danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1133 on: March 16, 2009, 01:32:14 PM »

G'morning ricky, I believe the satin PG is different thant the clear one on gloss models.
Danny

Wow!!! I did not realize that. Learn something new everyday!

Guess you're waitin' for Dermot to swing by and together with Tuffy - you guys do the donut run.  Please put in a good word for #78, you'll never know where #1 and #78 may end up living. 

G'morning Danny!

ricky
rpm60912
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1134 on: March 16, 2009, 01:38:32 PM »

Can I ask everyone a question

I've never purchased a brand new guitar and especially one that has just been manufactured and finished a couple of weeks earlier.  Are there any special precautions that I have to take with my new Forum III guitar in the first weeks/months that are unique to a newly made guitar?  In other words, does the finish still have to harden or does the wood still have to settle in, etc?  I guess it goes without saying that you don't want to expose a new guitar to big temperature/humidity changes but I was wondering if you have to be more careful in the beginning.    As a rule of thumb, I never leave a guitar in the car, near a heater, exposed to sunlight, etc. 

Thoughts?

Jordan,

I don't suppose they'll let our guitars leave the Factory if they weren't road worthy. It sounds like you already take good care of your guitars in terms of humidity issues and not leaving them just anywhere. I'll do as you already do.

And this...

Play it long and play it hard. As Jim H puts it "play the snot out of it".

ricky
es-335

Ignore
« Reply #1135 on: March 16, 2009, 03:21:02 PM »

so are you guys getting your guitars today ricky?
I wish I could be in Vancouver right now crying

Jeffrey

BluesMan1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1136 on: March 16, 2009, 06:24:02 PM »

Ricky,Danny, Stormin' Norman & all, thanks for the inquiries on my part. I won't be in tears if it can't be done, just happy for you'all being part of this Canuck adventure!
Have a great time to all!
Jeff   

Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1137 on: March 17, 2009, 08:26:29 AM »

Ricky,Danny, Stormin' Norman & all, thanks for the inquiries on my part. I won't be in tears if it can't be done, just happy for you'all being part of this Canuck adventure!
Have a great time to all!
Jeff  

I think we have about ten extras.....

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
Danny
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1138 on: March 17, 2009, 08:31:18 AM »

YES, I have F-III #1 in my possesion. And if the border crossing goes fine #1 F-III will be at home in Austin, Texas protected by 3 dogs (one part coyote) A 12 gage, a SKS paratrooper etc. and a 6 foot Texan named danny.

This is the long and short of it. EVERY thought I had about this git came true.
danny

O,OO,OOO,LS,D02
L-fan

Ignore
« Reply #1139 on: March 17, 2009, 10:18:55 AM »

YES, I have F-III #1 in my possesion. And if the border crossing goes fine #1 F-III will be at home in Austin, Texas protected by 3 dogs (one part coyote) A 12 gage, a SK paratrooper etc. and a 6 foot Texan named danny.

This is the long and short of it. EVERY thought I had about this git came true.
danny

Wow.  Now I am really aching to get mine in my hands.  It's real.   

Scott

RS-2
Pages: 1 ... 56 [57] 58 ... 65   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: